[REL] Oilwells as a city-building

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REL] Oilwells as a city-building

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello,

I made the oilwells into a city-building. They are not being build by the city and they cannot be destroyed by the player, the IA players or the city itself. So once they are build, they are permanent...You can see it as another free slot so you can use another extra industry. (I'm pretty sure they cannot be destroyed, but I wasn't able to test it yet because I'm also busy with the food- and valuables-mod).

I was going to release those as part of the food- and valuables-mod but since everybody can use those even without these two mods I release them now as a seperate download. They come as two buildings and can only be build in the editor of the game. I had to make two buildings because the oilwells itself are animated just like the industry counterpart...

Both buildings produce oil, and they both accept passengers (workers :lol: ), but don't produce them. Should you find any bugs, or if they be able to be destroyed in the game, or think that something else must be changed...please let me know about it.

Have fun with them,

Regards,

Erik

Here's a screenshot:

and the download:
Attachments
BLDOILW1.dat
(87.37 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
BLDOILW2.dat
(101.75 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] Oilwells as a city-building

Post by Zakos »

I feel like this was the product of another one of your mods, though I can't remember which. I do like the acceptance of passengers, though; that'll be a handy solution to the passengers-from-nowhere bug.

Quick question: Was it easy to transfer the images over? I tried turning a building into a ship port (like the 4-tile station parts in digidampfman's kits) and the attempt was unsuccessful.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

I just took a city-building with animations as an example...then I made my own from a standard citybuilding. However, the coalmine also has animations in it, but I can't get those to work in a city-building counterpart. I'll take another closer look at those, and I will also try it (not release it) with the windmill...

The oilwells are not for a particular mod, but when I tried to make a map with both the food-mod and the valuables mod, I found out that I need 16 industry-slots. I also need the goldmines, silvermines, diamondmines, coalmines, iron ore mines and the oilwells of course. However I need those as city-buildings because I already have 16 industries in use (mostly from the food-mod). But via this way I will be able to mix the two mods in one map...

I also got some messages that the oilwells as city-buildings don't produce enough oil...As far as the city oil wells, I have coded them so they produce the maximum of oil but I think I need to build much bigger oilwells. Take a look at this:

<variable name="numproduce[0]" size="1">255</variable> (max Oil Produced)
<variable name="numproduce[1]" size="1">255</variable> (max Oil Produced)

<variable name="numaccept[0]" size="1">0</variable> (no oil is accepted here, so number is 0)
<variable name="numaccept[1]" size="1">0</variable> (no oil is accepted here, so number is 0)

<variable name="numaccept[2]" size="1">255</variable> (passengers accepted)
<variable name="numaccept[3]" size="1">0</variable>

<useobject desc="cargo[0]" class="8">OIL </useobject>
<useobject desc="cargo[1]" class="8">OIL </useobject>

<useobject desc="cargo[2]" class="8">PASS </useobject>
<useobject desc="cargo[3]" class="255"> </useobject>

This is a part of the code from the city-oil wells. The one below (in blue) marks what kind of cargo must be produced, in this case oil. The one above marks the production. The maximum production is "255"...That stands for like 12 tons (according to Fultron) of oil per month. In this case, I have entered in both productionlines "255", so the production is 2x12=24 tons of oil per month. So with each "building" I place on the map 24 tons of oil is produced. If the complete oilwell excists out of 10 buildings then 2x12x10=240 tons of oil each month. That's equal to a normal Oilwell, the only thing that cannot be done is increased or decreased production, so production is the same for each month...So the more buildings are build for one oil well the more it will produce !

The red marks that no oil is accepted here, and the green marks that passengers are accepted, but not produced. Cargo [3] (yellow) is not used at all...
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Luckily, I didn't have to tackle that, though I'm sure it wouldn't have been too tough.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”