Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Cronester
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Introduction topic

Post by Cronester »

Hi :) I'm Cronester, not for real of course, it's just a pseudo...something.

I like a variety of games as long as they are multiplayer and I can have a chat every now and then. I see there's about 100 servers still up and running and an average of what.. 50-100 players on public servers? So far I've seen a lot of quiet people :(

A few have shown kindness and helpfulness which is great! Thanks.

Hope to meet you in game somewhere.

Greets,
Cronester

ps. afteral it's an introduction thread:
age: 33, name: Peter, job: financial, country: Netherlands, hobby: gaming, sex: yes please (male), opttd status: somewhere below noob
zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zgrillo2004 »

Yo everyone. just signed in and I have to say that this was my favorite childhood game. Thank you everyone for keeping this game alive. Been playing this version for 2 years and it never ceases to amaze me on how many mods are out here
mosemarienelson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mosemarienelson »

Hello people! new here. work in a call center. Life is pretty good. Looking forward to have some good experiences and friends as well.
rochellevega
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rochellevega »

hey guys! recently joined community and getting addicted. Posting first time and happy to join this forum. hope to have lots of good experiences here

gokken
Last edited by rochellevega on 17 Sep 2013 06:30, edited 2 times in total.
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

gmk04 wrote:My name is Steph, live in Jakarta. 40 years old father with 3 children. I always play OpenTTD everyday and just start to join the TT-forums.
Nice to have a new person in this forum. Are you Indonesian, or are you an expat?
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Looks more like a spam account. His website is for car rentals, and he hasn't logged on since 7 minutes after he joined.
Novex
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Novex »

Hello,

First of all. For those working on development of Openttd, Newgrf’s, scripts... Keep up the great work! After all these years, and hours and hours of playing ttd en openttd it stays addicting. My name is Martin, 33 years old and I work in the Dutch rail maintenance sector.
gsorsnoi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gsorsnoi »

It's been nearly 10 years ago I first paid this forum a visit, so I think it's about time for me to introduce myself :P

My name is Gsor Snoitasilivic Llafo Dog, currently 32 yo. When I was still in highschool I used to play TT, after which I decided that I should built a website at my own based on Transport Tycoon. Although it never came to a spin-off that you guys here would be able to compare with TT in any way, TT had something that you can still see in my weblog. My weblog is called Tycoon Newspaper (Dutch). And as I made it I was inspired by the (anoying!) popup newspaper-messages that you could see in TT when some crazy opponent decided to launch a transportline where you where just about to do the same thing. When a UFO landed on your railtrack something similair did happen, again there was a headline. My weblog www.wsnoi.com/tn formed the base of what is now my game-website www.wsnoi.com (also Dutch). The website is still running and after recreating it in 2008 I'm still designing the games myself.

Feel free to ignore my website or weblog if you're not Dutch or not interested at all, I just felt like sharing my good old memories on how one Chris Sawyer-game played a huge part in my life.

Oh by the way: I might someday try to published a book with the name Tycoon Newspaper (based on my articles and monsterstories, but actually on TT :wink: )
Wrong is always wrong, no matter how you would write it...

Designer of:
http://www.wsnoi.com
http://tycoonnewspaper.wsnoi.com
whitehair
Engineer
Engineer

Post by whitehair »

hej all you members here - have a good new year!
from an old hanse-town at the baltic sea in northgermany coming, arriving sonn 70years, I send you my hallo.
Please understand, that my english is not the best. I became here a member, because i have great wish. I hope to find here somebody, who can and want to help me. my knowlidge of computer is small, so I dont understand many of the advices on these pages not. I have a running transporttycoon on my win7 laptop - installed from a friendly young man. but...... it is not funktioning well. for example: in some games I cant transport persons with cars. ---
my wish: is there anybody in germany ( or south sweden - I am several times in the year there for some weeks ) who gives me the chance to drive to him and helps to install a good running version on my laptop??
thank you for reading. thomas
crashit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by crashit »

Hi all,

New here. Thought I'd introduce myself :)

I'm a guy from The Netherlands and I think I'm addicted to OpenTTD :) Played the original TTD first when I was still a kid, about 14 or 15 years ago :D Still playing today, and in recent years purely OpenTTD. Love all the additions, enhancements and upgrades of the game!

I'm just looking around the forums to find new interesting ways to build my empires and maybe give some advice myself too. Looking forward seeing you!

Yours truly,

Crashit.
The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before. Gilbert K. Chesterton.
Ezrail
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ezrail »

Heya all...

Just registered here after years of lurking around this place. I've played TT since the first one and never stopped. Great community you have here and my :bow: to all you developers.

Greets from Croatia
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello,

I'm Erik from the Netherlands and I have lived a while on the tt-forums :lol: I mostly play Locomotion and have made a few mods for the game. Like most early members I too started with Transport Tycoon and it's successors in 1994 and I loved it. But when Locomotion came out in 2004 I started to that game (and never stopped) because there was finally a game wich had normal turns instead of turns in a triangle...

I've been into videogames for a very long time, I started with an Atari 2600 and a Commodore 64 in the early eighties...Later I also started to play on the MSX 1 and 2. In 1984 I turned to the NES and later to the SuperNES and Sega Megadrive. My favorite Nintendogames are still the adventures in the Mario-series and I currently own a Nintendo Wii, a Playstation 2 and an XBOX360.

After all these years I still love video-games and I still like some games in the Tycoon-genre, my most favorite game being Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and Locomotion...

My hobby's are video-games, model-kits, cars, star wars, music, the titanic and trains.

Well, even though I'm a member here since 2006 I hope that you got to know me a little better and to see people back on the forums...

Regards,

Erik
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:I have lived a while on the tt-forums
Yes, you're a bit of an outcast on this top aren't you :wink:
StepanBarth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by StepanBarth »

Well, ok. My name is Štěpán. I´m from Czech Republic. I´m 20 yo student (studying railway transportation at Pardubice university). I play OTTD - respective TTD from my grammar school, it might be 10 or 11 years back.

When I´m not at school or not playing OTTD, I play other PC games - such as Terraria or Eurotruck Simulator II. Or play guitar - in a band.

And I´m active member of czech tycoon community :)
jm-ayala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jm-ayala »

Hi! I'm Juan Manuel from Mar del Plata, Argentina. Mar del Plata is located on the Atlantic coast, 400km south Buenos Aires. I first play the original TT and TTD when I was 13yr, then I played Railroad Tycoon II, and a few years ago I found OTTD and now Im 23yrs and still playing this game I love it :D unfortunately, not many people play this game in my country. about me I work in a factory that makes food, and I study gastronomy. . other hobbies are playing bass, I love music.. and play some rol games, now Im playing TESV Skyrim. Sorrry if my English is bad, Im doing my best!! :lol: ok thats all folks!! have a nice game :mrgreen:
Solanus612
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Solanus612 »

Hi, everyone! I really should have started here instead of those thread-killing mega posts about space transport sims...

I'm a long-time PC gamer (the first PC I bought I upgraded to 4 MB of RAM, woo!) and a fan of many genres, especially strategy, RPGs, and simulation. My professional background has taken me through the military, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and now distribution sectors, handling documentation, production and shipment planning, and data management. I live and work in the Chicago region, although I grew up in Missouri. I still have my original CD for Transport Tycoon, but I've only been playing the Open TTD versions for a couple of months now.

I am eager to contribute whatever ideas I can, although I am sorely lacking in the graphics and programming skills that would likely be necessary to help in the actual modding. Thanks for having me!
romeairport
Engineer
Engineer

An Introduction to new member

Post by romeairport »

Hello friends,

This is Jaxchristensen, a new guy to the forum.I am newbie here. I have joined this forum today and i am very excited to share some ideas and gain knowledge from here.

Best regards
Jaxchristensen
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Hello,

More of a 're-introduction' than anything, as it's been a good 3 or 4 years since I last touched TTD or this forum.

Anyway, I've thought about the game a few times over the past few months and due to an empty weekend I finally re-downloaded and re-educated myself, hopefully will be playing often again!

Marshy
darkdaz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by darkdaz »

greetings to all

firsly i like to apolgoises i thought i made a post when i joined, but when i looked didnt, so forgive me on that..

about me
-----------
i love tycoon games and also Star Trek
i am Star Trek fan..
i play a few online games but not many

i love at movies, and songs(expect rap)

i have got a website,
link can be provided if needed.
All my posts are with respects
Regards
Darkdaz

Return to “Off-Topic”