Screenshot of the Month - August 2014 - Submissions Open

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Screenshot of the Month - August 2014 - Submissions Open

Post by kamnet »

TT Screenshot of the Month Competition

Submissions are currently OPEN for August 2014.
Screenshot submission deadline is Sunday, 24th July 00:00 GMT.

Voting is currently CLOSED for August 2014.
Voting starts Sunday, 24th August 08:00 GMT and ends Sunday, 31st August 00:00 GMT

Current competition theme and notes are listed here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 3#p1127903.
You can view the last screenshots for voting here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4#p1127134.

A comprehensive overview of the competition results is maintained on the SotM wiki entry.
  • TT Screenshot Competition Rules
  • All participants must register an account on tt-forums.
  • Screenshots must be submitted by PM (private message) to the competition moderator, Kamnet.
  • Screenshots must be no larger than 800x600, and no smaller than 640x480.
  • Only one entry per participant. Entries may be withdrawn or replaced at any time before the deadline.
  • Captions are permitted and encouraged in order to elicit greater voting.
  • Use of graphics programs to enhance screenshots (aka "Photoshopping") is permitted.
  • The winner is offered the chance to pick the next month's theme. If the winner declines to select a theme, or is not able to submit a theme within seven (7) days after being declared the winner, the competition moderator shall select a theme for the next competition.
  • In the event of a tie, the winners will be offered an opportunity to collaborate together on a theme. If they cannot come to a quick decision, the competition moderator shall select a theme for the next competition.
  • If fewer than three entries are submitted in a month, the competition will automatically roll over to the next month. If after two months there are still fewer than three entries, the competition moderator will declare the competition a draw, and select a theme for the next competition.

Competition Leaderboard

Code: Select all

WINNER        TOTAL   MONTHS
Quast65 	     5 	 09/12, 01/13, 04/13, 08/13, 03/14    __                         _           _   
ISA 	         5 	 06/12, 05/13, 02/14, 04/14, 07/14   / _\ ___ _ __ ___ _ __  ___| |__   ___ | |_ 
Emperor Jake 	3 	 04/12, 10/12, 11/12                 \ \ / __| '__/ _ \ '_ \/ __| '_ \ / _ \| __|
Ladusa 	      2 	 11/13, 01/14                        _\ \ (__| | |  __/ | | \__ \ | | | (_) | |_         
Purno 	       2 	 12/12, 05/13                        \__/\___|_|  \___|_|_|_|___/_| |_|\___/ \__|   
romazoon 	    2 	 07/12, 08/12                                 ___  / _| | |_| |__   ___                   
SwissFan91 	  2 	 06/13, 10/13                                / _ \| |_  | __| '_ \ / _ \                    
Yoshi 	       2 	 03/13, 06/14                               | (_) |  _| | |_| | | |  __/            
alluke          1     07/14                                       \___/|_|    \__|_|_|_|\___| 
Badger 	      1 	 07/12                                       /\/\   ___  _ __ | |_| |__                        
EXTspotter 	  1 	 07/12                                      /    \ / _ \| '_ \| __| '_ \           
OzTrans 	     1 	 07/13                                     / /\/\ \ (_) | | | | |_| | | |            
Sallarsahr 	  1 	 02/13                                     \/    \/\___/|_| |_|\__|_| |_|
Seeker 	      1 	 12/13      
Valle 	       1 	 09/13           
Last edited by kamnet on 04 Aug 2014 21:33, edited 33 times in total.
kamnet

Re: Screenshot of the Month - January 2014 - Submissions Ope

Post by kamnet »

The November 2013 winner is Ladusa
December's theme is "Happy Holidays"
January's theme is "Out with the Old, in With the New!"

As noted back in October, SwissFan91 selected "Happy Holidays" for our December theme, but was unable to conduct the December competition. Due to his schedule, he is no longer able to continue hosting the competition, and Kamnet has agreed to continue it on (see discussion here). The December competition will roll into January in order for everybody to have an opportunity to participate. However, since there was confusion about what the December theme would be, I've decided to step up the competition a little.

Instead of just rolling over with the December theme, we will have a January theme as well, and run two competitions at once. Participants are free to enter BOTH competitions, but cannot win both. Two different people will win for each month, and the participant whose screenshot earns the most votes will have the option of selecting February's theme.

A few small tweaks will happen over the next few months. I will start an archive of all the past and current submissions over on the OpenTTD Wiki. Contests will still be conducted here. I'll also create a little graphic that winners can stick in their forum footers to show off their wins.

So, have fun, please PM me with any questions, and let's see some awesome screenshots!
Last edited by kamnet on 04 Jan 2014 11:08, edited 2 times in total.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I wish good luck to all participants. Even I wish more screenshots were sending you, kamnet :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

We're nearly a week into the contest, and there have not been any submissions yet! Hopefully our players will get some downtime this weekend and think about making a submission or two!
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Oh crap... forgot that due the undercover drawing work! :)
Ill cold start my game and see what I can come up with! :)
EDIT: Is it ok to use one old shot what I have been already nominated some time back in another thread? Reason... as I am very busy with work, only PC what I can use is the work computer and Im not able to use any programs to modify my shot as I want!
EDIT1: Sent!
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

OK, screen for december voting sent, january screenshot in progress :)
Edit: Second screenshot was sent!
Last edited by Ladusa on 13 Jan 2014 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
JammezB
Engineer
Engineer

My First Screenshot of the Month

Post by JammezB »

Hello everyone.

I am new to the forums. I've enjoyed playing Openttd for a couple years now ever since being introduced. I saw this competition was running and thought I might give it a go.
So do we pm Kamnet with our submission?

Thanks everyone :) I hope you have all had a good holiday break.

Ps. Any tips for the screenshots from the pros? :bow:
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Seeker »

Yeah you send a PM but don't forget to tell him which month the shot is for, December or January
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
JammezB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JammezB »

Thanks Seeker
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I sent a screenshot of the theme December :) . On the theme of January I will try this week to send :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

One more week to get your submissions in, we've got several fantastic ones already. Good luck!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Less than 8 hours to go until submissions are closed off, all last-minute entries are welcome! This next round of voting should be fairly competitive.
kamnet

December 2013 Voting - Part 1

Post by kamnet »

Submissions are now closed, and voting will start at 0800 GMT! This is December 2013 - Part 1 - "Happy Holidays"
From ISA: No comments.
From ISA: No comments.
ISA.png (514.16 KiB) Viewed 15439 times
From Ladusa: There is no snow in this year, but Christmas tree must be in every family!
From Ladusa: There is no snow in this year, but Christmas tree must be in every family!
Ladusa.png (678.14 KiB) Viewed 15439 times
From Planetmaker: Tropical island resort.
From Planetmaker: Tropical island resort.
Planetmaker.png (900.71 KiB) Viewed 15439 times
Last edited by kamnet on 27 Jan 2014 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
kamnet

December 2013 Voting - Part 2

Post by kamnet »

December 2013 Voting - Part 2 - "Happy Holidays"
From Seeker: No comments.
From Seeker: No comments.
Seeker.png (184.98 KiB) Viewed 15439 times
From STD: A small town on the beach - a great place for relaxation in the winter holidays. No urban bustle of big cities, the traffic noise. Rare cars and buses on the streets. There is also a small quay, where you can walk with your family or friends. If you will come towards the train station, you can see the town square with the Christmas tree. Clean fresh air. Snowy mountain peaks, where you can go skiing or snowboarding.
From STD: A small town on the beach - a great place for relaxation in the winter holidays. No urban bustle of big cities, the traffic noise. Rare cars and buses on the streets. There is also a small quay, where you can walk with your family or friends. If you will come towards the train station, you can see the town square with the Christmas tree. Clean fresh air. Snowy mountain peaks, where you can go skiing or snowboarding.
STD.png (304.79 KiB) Viewed 15439 times
kamnet

January 2014 Voting - Part 1

Post by kamnet »

The following images are for January 2014 Voting - Part 1 - "Out with the old, in with the new."
From FLHerne: Three generations of DMU development at Lyndhurst - brand-new Turbostars have just taken over the main route up the valley, demoting the older Cl150s to Tyseley shuttles. The first-gen DMUs replaced there - now almost a half-century old - have been relegated to seeing out their final years on secondary mail services; the last loco-hauled formation still in that role is living on borrowed time until the last conversion enters traffic.
From FLHerne: Three generations of DMU development at Lyndhurst - brand-new Turbostars have just taken over the main route up the valley, demoting the older Cl150s to Tyseley shuttles. The first-gen DMUs replaced there - now almost a half-century old - have been relegated to seeing out their final years on secondary mail services; the last loco-hauled formation still in that role is living on borrowed time until the last conversion enters traffic.
FLHerne.png (185.21 KiB) Viewed 15436 times
From ISA: People always try to find ways to travel faster or transport freight quiker. Here we move from cars to trains and on to bullettrains. Planes have got competitor, because of the procedure what need to be done first... and ofcorse the comfort!
From ISA: People always try to find ways to travel faster or transport freight quiker. Here we move from cars to trains and on to bullettrains. Planes have got competitor, because of the procedure what need to be done first... and ofcorse the comfort!
ISA.png (85.06 KiB) Viewed 15436 times
From Ladusa: New dieselelectric shunting locomotive is hauling old steam locos to the scrap yard.
From Ladusa: New dieselelectric shunting locomotive is hauling old steam locos to the scrap yard.
Ladusa.png (660.27 KiB) Viewed 15436 times
Last edited by kamnet on 27 Jan 2014 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
kamnet

January 2014 Voting - Part 2

Post by kamnet »

January 2014 Voting - Part 2 - "Out with the old, in with the new."
From Purno: No comment.
From Purno: No comment.
Purno.png (86.08 KiB) Viewed 15436 times
From STD: Replacement of steam locomotives on new locomotives, the transition to the wagons with greater storage capacity. Also built a new railway - main with direct current. Purchase of new passenger cars with a greater capacity and electric locomotives allows to deliver passengers to cities quickly and with comfort (comfortable coupe, air conditioning)than before (for example, 10 years ago).
From STD: Replacement of steam locomotives on new locomotives, the transition to the wagons with greater storage capacity. Also built a new railway - main with direct current. Purchase of new passenger cars with a greater capacity and electric locomotives allows to deliver passengers to cities quickly and with comfort (comfortable coupe, air conditioning)than before (for example, 10 years ago).
STD.png (285.89 KiB) Viewed 15436 times
From StepanBarth: Last train on the old local railway, and first on new corridor. Lots of people came to enjoy this piece of history.
From StepanBarth: Last train on the old local railway, and first on new corridor. Lots of people came to enjoy this piece of history.
StepanBarth.png (738.35 KiB) Viewed 15436 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: January 2014 Voting - Part 2

Post by STD »

Beautiful and very interesting screenshots in both themes :)) . I wish good luck to all participants :D .
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Screenshot of the Month - January 2014 - Voting Open

Post by Seeker »

Good luck to everyone, they are all good shots :D
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
kamnet

Re: Screenshot of the Month - January 2014 - Voting Closed

Post by kamnet »

All voting has now closed.

The December 2013 Screenshot of the Month goes to... Seeker
Other votes: Ladusa (6), STD (4), ISA (2) and Planetmaker (2).

The January 2014 Screenshot of the Month goes to... Ladusa
Other votes: ISA (6), StepanBarth (5), STD (4), FLHerne (3) and Purno (3).

As Seeker gained the most overall votes, the choice of the next theme will go to him. Thank you for all who submitted screenshots, and thank you for all who voted!

Return to “Screenshots”