Only Heightmap available for now.
The scenario includes the Cape Town metropolitan area http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Cape_Town
as well as the West Coast District. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Coast_District_Municipality
The Overberg District is partly included as is a tip of the Northern Cape Province.
Starting date is 1902, the year in which the 2nd Boer War has ended. Now South Africa is united and peace is settled in the Western Cape. The Industrial Revolution brings new ways to grow and manufacture high amounts of food and the West Coast is the breadbasket of South Africa.
- Grow the Cape Town region into the African Metropole it is today.
- Follow old Apartheid infrastructure Planning or create an inclusive transport network.
- Transport the fresh produce of the lands and provide the big cities with foods and alcohol.
- Tourists will want to get around too.
- Matroosfontein is the location of Cape Town International Airport and the portal for tourism to the Cape.
- Citrusdal produces Lemons and Oranges which go directly to the stores all over Cape Town.
- Malmesbury has the BoKoMo grainmills which create breadproducts for the whole of South Africa.
- Most of Stellenbosch, Franshoek, Paarl, Vredendal en Robertson fruit is used to create the world's best Wine.
- Darling is most famous for it's high quality of Milks and Cheeses.
- Fishhoek and Houtbay both have very popular fishmarkets, but the most famous one is the Cape Town Fishmarket.
- South Africans like to eat good food, especially Cape Town must be supplied by a wide variety of foods.
- Copper / Iron in Saldanha Bay
- A thriving Wood industry to the east of Cape Town
- Oil in the Atlantic Ocean
- Manufacturing industries of the food industry
- FIRS general economy, preferably Heart of Darkness (Cape has: copper, diamonds, wood, wheat, fruit, cattle, fish, oil, sand, tourism)
URKS2 (+ addon) or NARS or 2CC
AV8, HEQS, eGVRS, FISH r941M
CHIPS, Newstation, ISR,
Marico, Supercheese'sNewObjects, FineScaleStandardGauge2
newGRFs are still open for discussion
Since I am still at the very start of development all I can share is a heightmap.