Forum Name

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Forum Name

Post by Zakos »

I wasn't sure if this should go in suggestions and feedback or the relevant forum, but should this forum be renamed to something to the effect of "Transport Tycoon Mobile"? That seems to its name in news articles, and I recall seeing that its abbreviation is to be "TTM".
WWTBAM

Re: Forum Name

Post by WWTBAM »

I would agree to the renaming.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Nah, you can't change what owen have named, unless he will to do so.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

I think Owen should shorten the name to:
"A veritable goodly internet location wherein to discuss the techniques, merits and mechanics of Chris Sawyer's Transport Tycoon 2013".
8)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The question will be whether we should open up a whole category for Transport Tycoon Mobile, I guess. Something along the lines of:

General Discussion
Problems, FAQs and Tutorials
Beginners

Obviously "Scenarios and Saved Games" and "Graphics, Modifications and Tools" forums won't be applicable to TTM (at least not on iOS). Although saved games may be interchangable, I suppose. I wonder if you can take an iOS saved game and use it on Android...
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I think a new forum category would be acceptable. TTM is unique enough from TTD and Locomotion that it doesn't need to be a subforum.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

kamnet wrote:I think a new forum category would be acceptable. TTM is unique enough from TTD and Locomotion that it doesn't need to be a subforum.
I don't think it generates enough traffic to earn its own category yet. I'd suggest waiting until the amount of posts/topics is high enough that spreading it out over multiple forums is necessary.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

The later you'll do the more work it'll be.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Purno wrote:
kamnet wrote:I think a new forum category would be acceptable. TTM is unique enough from TTD and Locomotion that it doesn't need to be a subforum.
I don't think it generates enough traffic to earn its own category yet. I'd suggest waiting until the amount of posts/topics is high enough that spreading it out over multiple forums is necessary.
We all know you hate the index being rearranged. I think a new category called Transport Tycoon Mobile works. I presume it would go as a sub category within the existing Transport Tycoon category?
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Purno wrote:I don't think it generates enough traffic to earn its own category yet. I'd suggest waiting until the amount of posts/topics is high enough that spreading it out over multiple forums is necessary.
I don't think traffic has anything to do with a game having its own forum. Just look at Locomotion :P

In all seriousness, though, I agree, under the assumption that it will later be given its own spot on the index. For the time being, it's still really easy for newbies to find the help threads because there's only one page of topics.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

1. A forum set up similar to that for Locomotion has my vote.
2. Do it now to avoid the rush.
3. Buy me an appropriate device so that I may join the party.
:mrgreen:
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I just realized that the forum still says "due to be released in late 2013." :P
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, I thought about updating it, but figured I'd just wait until I rename the forum. ;)
Mainline421
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mainline421 »

orudge wrote:The question will be whether we should open up a whole category for Transport Tycoon Mobile, I guess. Something along the lines of:

General Discussion
Beginners

Obviously "Scenarios and Saved Games" and "Graphics, Modifications and Tools" forums won't be applicable to TTM (at least not on iOS). Although saved games may be interchangable, I suppose. I wonder if you can take an iOS saved game and use it on Android...
It need it's own category IMO but that won't cover everything, save games are interchangeable.
I think it should something like:
General Discussion
Official News (as there is a lot of talk of more features in future updates)
Saved Games and Modifications (modifying the Android version should be quite possible)
Beginners
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Mainline421 wrote:(modifying the Android version should be quite possible)
That's still a grey area as of now, so it's irrelevant. If it gets its own forum, then I'm sure that will be added if the possibility arises.
oboka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oboka »

LocoRoller wrote:
That's still a grey area as of now, so it's irrelevant. If it gets its own forum, then I'm sure that will be added if the possibility arises.
I've been able to change some graphics in the game very very easily...
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

oboka wrote:
LocoRoller wrote:
I've been able to change some graphics in the game very very easily...
If you make a program / app for Android, once it's released / leaked you can't give strict control to it anymore ! (thanks to root mostly)
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

That may be true but they could refuse support for people who have modified the game using methods not provided by them. I would say we should avoid mods for now.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Since there are official forums for this mobile iteration of Transport Tycoon, perhaps it is not wise for us to try and compete with that. As it is now, not many topics have been created about this game. I see no reason to clutter this further, at least not before things start taking off.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

How about Transport Tycoon (Mobile) instead ?
what are you looking at? it's a signature!

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”