Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server (Tekkit Classic)

Post by ChillCore »

No problem, I am looking forward too to a bit of enchanted forest and we still need to build that wall to keep them creepers out. ;)

Do let me know if you would like to be able to change games yourself too.
You could already with that special server account I gave you, but a little explanation is needed anyway to prevent you from de-installing games by accident.
You said you prefered not to do so before and that is fine but if you change your mind, the offer still stands.
If you do not remember the details to log into that account I can look them up for you as I stored them offline.

I hope your desktop is handling it fine, my lags come from my ISP being LAN based and the upload speed gets tuned down a bit during peak hours, off peak I am staying connected quite reasonably.

Also the inevitable has happened and I have put back a backup from the 27th. I hate using my powers like this and even more being forced to do so, I really do. :evil:
If you have been active the last three days please let me know, I can put back a later version then the one I have chosen if needed, the latest one being the one that was made this morning.
Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused ... I hope noone got affected too badly (I really do not feel like spitting through the logs at this point in time); most, if not all, of the "decorating" happened on my plot anyway.
Let's see if I can find our friend online and have a final word with him before I remove him rom the whitelist ... :roll:
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Who has been online the past few days, anyway? I'd like to know as every time I do log in (which is, admittedly, quite occasionally) I don't see anyone around.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

That person that made me revert 4 days has been quite active during that period.
Me too quite a bit, despite not really having the time for that now, trying to explain to him how this games works with the plots (the classic game I mean) and trying to convince him to stop what he was doing in a civil matter untill he nearly blew up the mine; he is still whitelisted and I hope he has learned his lesson.
Then there is someone building in the nether, his friend has chosen the end as place of residence but I must admit that I have not really been following their progress.
Geo Ghost used to be quite active and will be again from time to time according to his last post.
CmdKewin's place is much bigger than at first meets the eye. But he has work and I am sure other obligations too like he said from the start. I almost never see him online but what he has build was not done in five minutes.
When the server was down for a few days a while back due to small error in the config which made the server not start up properly for a few days I thought noone had noticed untill FLHerne mentioned he thought I had taken it down.
A certain Axxxxx62 who tried to log in but is not yet whitelisted ... If I knew for sure that he was the one I think he is then I would have whitelisted him already but I am not sure.
And when I leave another version up for to long I do get a PM to please put back Classic for a bit.

I really do not read the logs every single day, but I do log in from time to time to check if everthing is fine ... sometimes I build a bit sometimes I do not have the time.

I was just mentioning it in case someone was ... although the place seems deserted (which I blame on timezones and real life obligations) it is not as dead as I too thought it was/is, that is why I keep the server up at all times and not only on request. ;)
I do see progress from time to time without having a clue when exactly this or that happened.

Please do not hesitate to give me a poke if you see me online on steam and want to play for a little bit, I may be able to free up some time to come and play with you. ;)
Also feel free to use this topic to announce when you will be playing and see if someone would be willing to join you; by appointment so to speak.

Finally, the offer to invite some of your friends still stands. I will gladly add them to the whitelist.
I am just not leaving the server wide open as most people play from time to time instead of all the time and when they come back they expect to find their buildings in the condition they left them.

Maybe we could attack spawn one of these days and make a group project out of it? I just have no idea on what it should look like.

ps:
Not everything in this post is directed at you alone Wanderer, just trying to explain for a wider audience I guess.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

ChillCore wrote:Geo Ghost used to be quite active and will be again from time to time according to his last post.
I go through phases of playing Minecraft loads, then hardly at all :P
I'll pop back on at some point. Mainly to carry on with my build. Was a long way from completion when I left it!

Saying that, if I find so much as a microblock missing, I will raise hell ;)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

Post by ChillCore »

Geo Ghost wrote: I go through phases of playing Minecraft loads, then hardly at all :P
I'll pop back on at some point. Mainly to carry on with my build. Was a long way from completion when I left it!
Whenever is fine, the server is not going anywhere and as mentioned before it is not a race.
Saying that, if I find so much as a microblock missing, I will raise hell ;)
That's the spirit. ;)

Currently running FTB mindcrack v8.2.0 untill the end of the weekend/beginning of the new week.

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

A screenie: built a section of straight track from the mountain workshop to the factory. Not fully functional, but useable (with manual control).

This week was pretty lonely... didn't get to see anyone :(
insulfrog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by insulfrog »

Got some time to play on the tekkit server which was on the time of this post and did a few bits around the factory. Also I noticed the overhead shuttle service near the factory what wanderer built.

I noticed that there's no station near the mine along the line that goes by the factory so managed to sort that problem.

First I created an island platform underneath the path/junction/bridge area near the 3 lifting bridges.
2013-10-24_21.25.58.png
2013-10-24_21.25.58.png (155.56 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Then I went down a few steps, turned left, then up to connect to the pathways above.
2013-10-24_21.28.16.png
2013-10-24_21.28.16.png (156.19 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Lastly, I created the link along with a stone structure at the junction for signs. Lastly, I decided to have a logo for our main rail network with a yellow wool 'R' in a cobblestone sign to indicate a rail station there.
2013-10-24_21.28.36.png
2013-10-24_21.28.36.png (420.52 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Another reason for that location that its next to a path junction so it has plenty of access. Hope you like it :) .
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Sooooooo after a looooong while ........

I am modding this server: 93.188.166.243:25565
^^^ which means you get no special servises whatsoever. :P

Vanila 1.14 for now ... we'll be addding some mods soon

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Also if anyone wants the old saves ... I still have those ... somewhere

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

it's 31.214.128.63:12800 now ...

Just saying ...

Return to “Off-Topic”