Round trip and trunk line: what vehicle orders are needed?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Steijn
Engineer
Engineer

Round trip and trunk line: what vehicle orders are needed?

Post by Steijn »

Hi, I have the idea to make the following bus service (see image), but I can't get it right. I plan to make a clockwise and counter clockwise round trip among 3 bus stations in a suburban area. In the round trip also a transfer bus station is included. At this bus station passengers can enter a trunk line to the city center.

Now I'am stuck as I can't get the appropriate vehicle orders. I looked at the Transfer function but with that function passengers just delivered enter the bus they just left to transfer (Transfer and take cargo). Further, when I set the No loading function (thus Transfer and Leave Empty) passengers are just delivered are prevented from entering the bus (so that's okay :) ) but then also passengers coming from the trunk line from the city center also can't enter the bus for the round trip in the suburban area (so that's not okay). How can I prevent just delivered passengers from entering the suburban bus again, but allow the bus to take passengers delivered from the trunk line?
busstations.png
busstations.png (7.09 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Round trip and trunk line: what vehicle orders are neede

Post by planetmaker »

Use cargodist. Or use two stations.
bear1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bear1 »

Yeah. I find a similar situation with out of town airports or train stations; particularly with valuables. The answer is to use an 'arrivals' station and a 'departures' station. Have the bus pick up passengers from your bus station(s) transfer them to the departures station, skip round to the arrivals station, pick up passengers and then head to the bus station(s). Your trains will need to do a similar thing in reverse, drop off passengers at the arrivals station and then pick them up from departures station.
It's a bit untidy but works without getting involved with add-ons.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Test the latest nightlues and enjoy the new cargodist feature included. :wink:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “General OpenTTD”