[OTTD] Dutch Road Furniture

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Dutch Road Furniture 0.6.0 (2012/01/19)

Post by YNM »

Hmm, I didn't realized it :o Thanks !
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Hello my comrades 8) 8)

I don't know if it's already in, but would the people be interested if I created a high-exit sign as it is in some sort of demand? If you don't know what I mean, I mean like a gantry sign with just 1 support and for that reason could be put on 4-lane highways in OTTD instead of having to build a 6 lane to simply put a gantry sign. I am guessing it would be on a shoulder tile. :P

And I am not sure someone else has made it, but complete concrete barriers as an alternative to a guardrail median would be something I would be interested in to draw. But I warn, I've only drawn train and vehicle sprites before now :lol:

Your dear commisar, Hans :mrgreen:
Attachments
I used the template from the repository of the normal gantry sign. Differences are the gantry itself being shorter and different design, and the signs are shortened.
I used the template from the repository of the normal gantry sign. Differences are the gantry itself being shorter and different design, and the signs are shortened.
halfgantryexit.PNG (4.87 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
Tschüß!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Interesting suggestion, I like it :)

I've added it to the tasklist here: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/6442
Can't tell when it will be added though. I haven't been into coding and/or drawing for quite a while now.

I don't know of any concrete barriers, but those surely would be interesting to add. Those aren't very common in the Netherlands, but seem to be popping up more and more.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

FooBar wrote:I don't know of any concrete barriers, but those surely would be interesting to add. Those aren't very common in the Netherlands, but seem to be popping up more and more.
They're mostly easier to maintain (on most occasion no need to replace when there's a crash) and deflects more light. It's also happening down here, altough mostly I see it uglier than fences/guardrail.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

YNM wrote:
FooBar wrote:I don't know of any concrete barriers, but those surely would be interesting to add. Those aren't very common in the Netherlands, but seem to be popping up more and more.
They're mostly easier to maintain (on most occasion no need to replace when there's a crash) and deflects more light. It's also happening down here, altough mostly I see it uglier than fences/guardrail.
Stuff like this?:
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Could we also get medians with lights ? I might draw them when there's the time.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

YNM wrote:Could we also get medians with lights ? I might draw them when there's the time.
It's on the list ;)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Which style are used in Dutch ? The high mast or the conventional ones ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Don't know what you consider conventional ;) If you draw what I consider conventional it's probably fine :D

Maybe take a look around on streetview. In the west of the country there should be plenty examples.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

I think we have both flavors, lights on masts and on lines between masts (if that is what you call conventional). I think the first are more common, but there are also some stretches on highways with the second.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Pcrtje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pcrtje »

Hello people,

I already have been reading these forums for four years without any post, so this is my first one. ;)

I think I found a bug in this set. When I play this set in a game or scenario editor, in full screen, my screen colors get distorted/inverted after some minutes. I tried to make a screenshot, but the screenshot option in the right corner of the game gave me one in normal colors and a screenshot by the printscreen key results in an almost black picture. So I then googled for an example and it looks like this:

When I play the game without this set I do not get distorted colors. I also tried to solve the problem by updating the OpenTTD version (from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0) a few weeks ago, but it didn't solve. The version of this set is 0.6.0 (which is the newest, I guess). Now I try to play this set in not full screen (how to call that? windowed version?) and nothing strange happens.

Any idea what could fix it or what could be wrong? I prefer playing in full screen and all the other Newgrf's are apparently compatible with full screen, except this one.

Before posting I searched the forums but I couldn't find someone mentioning this bug. If someone issued this before, sorry for double post.

Pcrtje
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

could be some palette issue ? try changing in advanced settings the "default palette"...perhaps that helps :-/
or it is completely unrelated and your gfx card drivers are misbehaving...hm...
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

It looks like the windows screen saver issue to me.

Since you are still in the intro screen, the newgrfs are not used.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Alberth wrote:It looks like the windows screen saver issue to me.
I second that guess.

I find it hard to believe that this set is causing the issues. But on the positive side it's good to hear that people are using it! :)
Pcrtje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pcrtje »

Alberth wrote:It looks like the windows screen saver issue to me.

Since you are still in the intro screen, the newgrfs are not used.
I think I explained it wrong. The screenshot I attached to my post is a random screenshot I looked up on the internet since I cannot take a screenshot of the distorted colors in game. So actually I only got the distorted colors when I play with that gfr and it looks like the one I posted before, but of course I get it not at the intro screen but when playing.
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

I love this eye candy set, but the fact that you can't drap & drop objects makes it extremely tedious to place these on longer stretches of road. It's a shame really, I hope this becomes possible somewhere in the future (though I'm pretty sure NewGRFs can't change anything about that).
PET
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PET »

Any luck making this work with the new version? I start a new game, GRF is active... but I still have the normal roads.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

This set doesn't replace roads. It provides eyecandy NewObjects for you to build around/over the roads. You can access it from the Objects submenu.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

If you did want new roads, the UK Road Set is compatible with the Road Furniture with some different additions :)

Return to “Graphics Releases”