Graphics Needed for American Trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Graphics Needed for American Trains

Post by paulicus25 »

No, nothing to do with RUST. Don't fret yourself Railwaymodeler. Should've been given away by the first line :).
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Re-read everything now that the headache I had has gone away. Makes sense now.

Planning to try repainting some more US Set graphics. Anyone know if I can do that and have them used?
Without Trains America Stops

juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

Railwaymodeler wrote:Re-read everything now that the headache I had has gone away. Makes sense now.

Planning to try repainting some more US Set graphics. Anyone know if I can do that and have them used?
From American Transition Train Set readme (not NARS):
This set is licensed under the GNU Public Licence v2. As such, it may be freely distributed and modified as long as it remains under this license.
If you wish to use any part of this set in another set, you may of course do so, but we would be very grateful if you asked the artist concerned for permission, which will probably be granted. However, the individual elements remain the property of their respective artists, and they have the final word in this regard.
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

paulicus25 wrote:Tested the grf files.

Firstly I said you could use my graphics, not change them. I probably would of said yes but at least ask me before you edit things.

Secondly, you should either set the southern pacific colour option as a refit option rather than separate loco to save on purchase list space. Either that or the player can set their company colours to orange and red :)

Thirdly, I provided animated wheel sprites for my loco. I guess you probably haven't got round to that sort of stuff yet but might be a good idea.

Fourth, the diagonal sprite lops of the bottom corner of the front of the train???

Fifth, I may decide to have a go at redrawing for that smaller loco if you want if I have time, rather than simply squishing the loco.

Lastly, i suggest having a go at rounding the top of the carriages. They look a bit flat at the moment. Try and find some online images of the carriages or use some print screens of other carriages to give you an idea.

However yes I understand that this is an early stage WIP. But it was good to see what I have drawn alive (mostly) in game. Some good first steps. Round of applause.
Hmm I see your point, it didn't even occur to me that editing would be differen at the time but in retrospect that seems really stupid... my apologies.

Railwaymodeler wrote:Re-read everything now that the headache I had has gone away. Makes sense now.

If you can make graphics I can probably code them.

Unfortunately I left my computer somewhere and I won't get it back for a couple days. When I do I hand some plans for it though. I think I'm going to combine all the cars into one which changes sprites. Also I'll probably go over the graphics again and add an observation car in the daylight scheme. I was also thinking that the Burlington Zephyr and the California Zephyr would be cool. Speaking of which I'm also planning to make the engines refittable to their different liveries. A war baby GS4 would be cool too.

Also forums suck on a phone.
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

New update:

--combined all 6 cars into 2 which change livery
--fixed the short tender
--made the class A a little more expensive
Attachments
passengerSet.grf
(25.78 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

New update: version 13

--nerfed the class A to be realistic. Turns out that before the introduction of the class F7 they only could haul 5 cars at a time.
--added the Milwaukee class F7 with matching cars. It is as powerful as the old class A (9 cars).
--fixed the clipped pilot on the Daylight engines.
--reduced the P-14 to a more reasonable speed
--planned to start working on an FEF-3 in the near future.
Attachments
passengerSet.grf
(32.49 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Good to see there's development here. Could you post some screenshots? :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

This is now the thread for develpoment, here is a separate thread for releases and information (and screenshots :D )

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=68439
openttdfan2020
Engineer
Engineer

Post by openttdfan2020 »

Ruiluth, can you make chessie system set? start: 1973 end: 1995 because we always needed this set for the 1980s railfanning. :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”