TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - August Entries

Post by SwissFan91 »

A lot of good points being made here. The last thing I want is for people to be alienated - it is only some fun after all.

I think the best thing is to keep the topic as it is and see how the numbers develop over the month. I mean, we normally only average 9 or 10 entries a month anyway so if August has 4 or 5 then it will still be an interesting competition.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

YNM wrote:Anyway, if I make a heightmap, which part of canada you canadians suggest ?
If your map has a coast to the West then it's the Pacific coast. If it has a lot of mountains then it is the Rockies. If it very flat, the it is the Prairies, with snow in summer then the Arctic. Water to the South would be Ontario and the Great Lakes. A big river down the middle is Québec. Lots of water to the East are the Maritimes. Some of each would be a very interesting challenge. :mrgreen:
Quast65 wrote:Gladly there are enough tools available (google-earth, pictures, movies) to see how a certain area looks if you have never been there.
The Atlas of Canada - Toporama is an excellent reference. 8)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

wallyweb wrote:If your map has a coast to the West then it's the Pacific coast. If it has a lot of mountains then it is the Rockies. If it very flat, the it is the Prairies, with snow in summer then the Arctic. Water to the South would be Ontario and the Great Lakes. A big river down the middle is Québec. Lots of water to the East are the Maritimes. Some of each would be a very interesting challenge. :mrgreen:
Well, so which part of this all ? :mrgreen:
Attachments
Untitled666.png
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

YNM wrote:Well, so which part of this all ? :mrgreen:
There is a yellow line that runs across that map. It is the border between Canada and the USA. "All" would be everything above that line. :D
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

I'll take the west coast it seems, I like mountainous terrains. :wink:
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

YNM wrote:I'll take the west coast it seems, I like mountainous terrains. :wink:
Look at your chosen area in the Toporama link I posted above. :D
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

OzTrans wrote:The theme for August is "Canada". This will give you 1001 ways to come up with a competitive entry.
A few ideas ...
. Take the Canadian lot of GRFs and create something beautiful.
. Create a typical Canadian scenery using any set of GRFs. There is enough realism available.
Just to clarify, nowhere did I mention, the theme would require the use of Canadian graphics files. I gave a couple of ideas. For the latter, you could use FIRS, ECS, NARS, ARRS ...

No more comments ...

That other scenario, originally created by wallyweb for TTDPatch, I mentioned would cover the West Coast, Rocky Mountains and Plains as far east as Winnipeg and west as Vancouver.

The player's job would be ...

. to service all industries, services range from wood, coal, copper and iron ore, oil (including from the Dawson Shelf), as well as, cattle and grain.
. transport coal to all power stations, it's freezing cold in winter; food to Vancouver for export and all other towns and cities for prosperity. Canadians are a hungry lot.
. secondary industries exist once and may have to be supplied from far away.
. create a comprehensive transport network for passengers, so they can travel from any town/city to any other (transfers are permitted) by rail including a fast and efficient intercity passenger service from Vancouver to Winnipeg via Calgary crossing the Rocky Mountains. Beware winter blizzards are fierce in the Rockies.
. Vancouver, Calgary and Winnipeg will grow very large, so don't forget the suburbs.
. All the existing waterways must be preserved at all cost.

Here is an overview of the map ...
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

wallyweb wrote:
YNM wrote:I'll take the west coast it seems, I like mountainous terrains.
Look at your chosen area in the Toporama link I posted above.
No need, I'm making semi-fictitious Canada. :mrgreen:
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

YNM wrote:No need, I'm making semi-fictitious Canada. :mrgreen:
Are you sure that you are not Canadian? We do that all the time, especially after an afternoon in the pub. :lol:
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

wallyweb wrote:
Are you sure that you are not Canadian? We do that all the time, especially after an afternoon in the pub. :lol:
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Whilst I can see that you could interpret the theme as a breach of decorum, I genuinely don't think OzTrans intended it as this. It definitely requires thinking as many of us don't know Canada well, but to me that makes it all the more interesting. I would have thought that everybody could come up with interesting and good screenshots all capable of winning.

I think it more likely that OzTrans would be interested in seeing how Canadian based grfs are used to improve the current grfs under development rather than wanting to increase the number of people using them.

It may be worth to remember that on the whole people are nice and decent - don't assume the worst.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

wallyweb wrote:
Certainly not, I won't submit a photo like that to the last POTM that I joined. :mrgreen:
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Seeker »

Never been there, but I got a few ideas that I might be able to put together.
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

I don´t know Canada, but I will participate. There is bigger chance for win without maybe 4 members :mrgreen: Just kidding. I hope we will see lots of screenshots.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

When it is expected to open vote :P ? And how many players have uploaded screenshots of the current theme :P ?
It is interesting to see screenshots :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Apologies - I have had a very busy month. Unfortunately I have only had one entry this month so I will run it up until the end of the month.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

SwissFan91 wrote:Apologies - I have had a very busy month. Unfortunately I have only had one entry this month so I will run it up until the end of the month.
I think by the end of the month will screenshots :wink: .
I'm very busy month. No time to play OpenTTD. Next month I will try to participate :) .
Anyone who will be this month to participate, I wish you luck :D .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SwissFan91 wrote:Apologies - I have had a very busy month. Unfortunately I have only had one entry this month so I will run it up until the end of the month.
Who's the lucky winner? :P

Looking forward for a new theme for next month :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Purno wrote:
Who's the lucky winner? :P

Looking forward for a new theme for next month :)
I'm also waiting for a new theme for the next month :) .
Whoever posted the screenshot, lucky, without a vote will be the winner :P

Return to “Screenshots”