TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - July Voting

Post by OzTrans »

Quast65 wrote:... the shot by OzTrans really jumps out of them! ... Just curious, what is the little bridge over the river on the left just above the railbridge, is it a footbridge? ...
Yes, that little bridge is a footbridge across the river (at level 1), thus marking the river to be a no-go zone for ocean liners. Before anybody asks, it is part of Canadian Waters, still heavily under development.
... that dirtroad between the paved road and the river, also some kind of new feature?
Not at all, it is indeed foundations for the road above.

Why sub-arctic without snow ? 1) The sub-arctic trees look much better than the temperate ones. 2) I wanted some snow, but decided to wait for summer, because I didn't like the snow transition for the trees (we don't have transitional trees between grass and full snow) and then I favoured a summer scenario over an all winter one. For a change ...

Thank you everybody for clicking on the 'I like it' button ...

BTW, there has not been any photoshopping ... all is real ...
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Purno wrote:
Pingaware wrote:(and in the case of Purno, brave. Trying Toyland's a risky strategy!)
It's not risky, it's creative. I wanted to do something different. But if I knew nobody would do Arctic or Tropical... :/

Whether it be risky or creative, it got my vote!
Purno wrote:So am I the only one who really mocks up a shot specifically for this competition?
Not at all. Last few competitions we've had shots that were clearly modified in an image editor first, in order to enhance their appeal.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

kamnet wrote:
Purno wrote:So am I the only one who really mocks up a shot specifically for this competition?
Not at all. Last few competitions we've had shots that were clearly modified in an image editor first, in order to enhance their appeal.
Gah, language barrier. I'm not talking about image editing (photoshopping). What I mean is that I'm building a scene in TT, specifically for a screenshot, and I'm only building the part that's necessary for the screenshot. It's not a fully operating network. Vehicles are often manually stopped at the precise location I want them to. Perhaps the attached screenshot explains :P

This way, I don't have to pick a Climate or NewGRF that I like to play with ;)
Attachments
Diet Cola Choo Choo, 19th May 1991.png
Diet Cola Choo Choo, 19th May 1991.png (126.77 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Purno wrote:
kamnet wrote:
Gah, language barrier. I'm not talking about image editing (photoshopping). What I mean is that I'm building a scene in TT, specifically for a screenshot, and I'm only building the part that's necessary for the screenshot. It's not a fully operating network. Vehicles are often manually stopped at the precise location I want them to. Perhaps the attached screenshot explains :P

This way, I don't have to pick a Climate or NewGRF that I like to play with ;)
This is how I made my last screenshot - the one with the cable car. The tunnels, rails etc lead to nowhere offscreen! However, I have only entered this twice and the first time (last autumn sometime) was from a genuine UK map I am running.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

OzTrans, where are the trees? :mrgreen:
Congratulations
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Purno wrote:Gah, language barrier. I'm not talking about image editing (photoshopping). What I mean is that I'm building a scene in TT, specifically for a screenshot, and I'm only building the part that's necessary for the screenshot.
No, you were not misunderstood. I was only stating that you're not alone in creating images just for the screenshot competition, and not as a complete game. I'd say that probably most of the submitted images are set up specific for competition. It would take a lot of work to put many of these into a full game, and there's typically not enough time between competition for most people to do that.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

kamnet wrote:I'd say that probably most of the submitted images are set up specific for competition. It would take a lot of work to put many of these into a full game, and there's typically not enough time between competition for most people to do that.
Not true! For me atleast. I have never post a shot what isnt from the game! But that just me! :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Meh, this poll is extremely boring. Do we really need to sit it out the full duration? :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Purno wrote:Meh, this poll is extremely boring. Do we really need to sit it out the full duration? :mrgreen:
Indeed, I will close it tonight. OzTrans - get your topic thinking shoes on!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate OzTrans with a cool screenshot :)) .
I would hope that the theme of the next month will be good and versatile for ideas to create a screenshot :P .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

STD wrote:I would hope that the theme of the next month will be good and versatile for ideas to create a screenshot :P .
And I hope people will use that versatility :P

Also, Toyland rules!
Image Image
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Voting for July has shut.

The winner, with 26 votes, is..
OzTrans.png
OzTrans.png (159.29 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
OzTrans

Congratulations! The other results are as follows:

7 - Ladusa
3 - Purno
1 - Chrill
1 - IrmoTrainfan
1- Quast65
1 - STD
0 - ISA
0 - thphwh

Again, not a close month! The August competition is now open. The theme will be announced soon.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate OzTrans with a victory :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - August Entries

Post by OzTrans »

Thank you everybody for liking 'my' forest ...

The theme for August is "Canada". This will give you 1001 ways to come up with a competitive entry.

A few ideas ...

. Take the Canadian lot of GRFs and create something beautiful.
. Create a typical Canadian scenery using any set of GRFs. There is enough realism available.

A further option, that may become available in the next few days, is the scenario 'Rocky Mountain Challenge' by wallyweb. It was created many years ago for TTDPatch players. Yesterday, I (just) managed to convert it to OpenTTD v1.3+, switching climate to arctic and replacing all GRFs with the v1.6 series. Now, I just have to fix the sub-arctic forests and we should be in business.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

does it count if I simulate a train crash?
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Jacko wrote:does it count if I simulate a train crash?
Ofcuz, just use other Canada theme grf to let us see thats on topic, cant wait to see! :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'm just gonna be very honest here and probably stirr up quite something.

IMO the new theme is lame. Of course OzTrans is free to pick any theme he likes, but I'm free to disagree.

Firstly, the theme is very restrictive by limiting it to one specific country. A country many of us probably have never seen IRL.
Secondly, there's only a few Canadian GRFs available in the Online Content, and a train set isn't one of them.
Thirdly, since I know OzTrans is involved in developing a Canadian set, This seems like a blunt way to promote his own GRFs.

I think I'll just skip participating in this month's competition.
Image Image

Return to “Screenshots”