Traffic lights (r17455)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Traffic lights (r17455)

Post by ChillCore »

3298 wrote: This patch is for r17455.
Please scroll up a little bit and check that revision nr again. ;)
But I believe ChillCore has a heavily modified version of this patch in his patchpack based on r22555.
This is the exact version I have in my patchpack as I updated this patch to include it.
For as far as I remember I have not changed things after inclusion (besides perhaps a codechange here and there to keep up with trunk).
I would have to check if or if I have not fixed that setting I mentioned earlier.
PS: Ninja'd by the one I'm talking about, why didn't you advertise your own patchpack?
Because you guys do such a good job at it. :P
My signature is only because there were too many bugreports all over the forums at some point, before that I did not even have that ...
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 3298 »

ChillCore wrote:
3298 wrote: This patch is for r17455.
Please scroll up a little bit and check that revision nr again. ;)
Oops, sorry. I was much more concerned about the stable+patch thing and looked at the thread title. My bad ... Updating it should be much easier then.

But still, for a player who apparently knows nothing about patching, the patchpack is the easiest solution as there are binaries for clueless players (and lazy developers :P ).
Kosov_1986
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kosov_1986 »

Hello!

Sorry for bumping this up, but does it have any chance that traffic lights would be involved in the near future in the stable releases?
Kosov from the depths of East Europe!

My English isn't good but i never use translating programs :D

I had a Chinese gf, for 3 days, now she's in Germany because she studies there... she was my first serious gf.

Minibus topic, (Renault-Ikarus 546 released by wyctor) http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25662

Ikarus buses from all around the world! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26985
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i doubt it.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

As much as I enjoy it, I don't think significantly improves gameplay enough to garner consideration.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Kosov_1986 wrote:... does it have any chance that traffic lights would be involved in the near future in the stable releases?
I hope it doesn't. I think there are more useful and important patches waiting, like the ability to upgrade airports to mention a random item. But go figure with what criteria patches are selected for stable versions... :?
jeremyquann
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jeremyquann »

Where's the new update?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

jeremyquann wrote:Where's the new update?
Nobody is promised updates for any patch. You're free to bump it to the latest nightly, if you prefer.
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello, anyone is able to write the traffic light patch 1.5.3 / r27475 new?
Traffic lights are in city traffic simply a must.
MfG
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Hey guys. Is there any way how to put my 32bit extra zoom graphic into this trafficlights patch? 3D model was finished but I have no idea how to write a nml code. Original nfo seems quite siple - only number of sprites with dimensions, offsets and position of sprites. Any idea if it is possible or not? Thanks :)
Attachments
ses.png
ses.png (50.48 KiB) Viewed 3521 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Replace the sprite sheet, adjust the code for the offsets for the new sprites. Pretty much that simple. Oh and make sure to update the code for 32bpp support.
stefino_cz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by stefino_cz »

Extrazoom trafficlights done :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXmMKgznhEI

Return to “OpenTTD Development”