Introduction dates, lifetimes and other info on wagons

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Introduction dates, lifetimes and other info on wagons

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Currently, vehicle introduction dates and lifetimes are not visible in case of wagons and coaches (on buying window).
They should be made visible, which they have always been on locomotives and multiple units. It would unify visible data behaviour on the list.

Additionally, vehicle loading speeds are not currently visible, should they be?

Flyspray:
http://bugs.openttd.org/task/5564?project=1
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Introduction dates, lifetimes and other info on wagons

Post by FLHerne »

I don't see why the introduction date or lifetime of wagons is relevant; those only matter for locos because of reliability. On the other hand, loading speed would be rather helpful to have available.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Loco intro dates are irrelevant to the game too, but that information is displayed.

Actually, to me, it's very relevant to the game. I can see when each locos are introduced in the game approximately, which helps me when I want to upgrade my locos. I can sure use the same information for the wagons.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

I think introduction dates and lifetimes do matter on every rolling stock type, because for example, Finnish Trainset has 5 generations of wagons/coaches/multiple units/locomotives, and I, as a developer of set, would prefer that buying list shows all relevant information in all cases at the same style (with Introduction dates and lifetimes shown in wagons and coaches too). It is important thing, because that gives player information, that when (s)he may begin replacing his/her wagons/coaches with next generation ones.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

kyosuke1989 wrote:I think introduction dates and lifetimes do matter on every rolling stock type, because for example, Finnish Trainset has 5 generations of wagons/coaches/multiple units/locomotives, and I, as a developer of set, would prefer that buying list shows all relevant information in all cases at the same style (with Introduction dates and lifetimes shown in wagons and coaches too). It is important thing, because that gives player information, that when (s)he may begin replacing his/her wagons/coaches with next generation ones.
You could look at the Dutch Trainset, that displays all kinds of additional information in the purchase window already.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Transportman wrote:
kyosuke1989 wrote:I think introduction dates and lifetimes do matter on every rolling stock type, because for example, Finnish Trainset has 5 generations of wagons/coaches/multiple units/locomotives, and I, as a developer of set, would prefer that buying list shows all relevant information in all cases at the same style (with Introduction dates and lifetimes shown in wagons and coaches too). It is important thing, because that gives player information, that when (s)he may begin replacing his/her wagons/coaches with next generation ones.
You could look at the Dutch Trainset, that displays all kinds of additional information in the purchase window already.
Those things are applied trough NewGRF additional info (means additional work). Introduction dates are always coded in a trainset, it is a case of showing them, and it would help to see other set's wagons and coaches introduction dates and lifetimes without additional coding work on them. It should be OpenTTD's feature in the first place.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”