TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April Voting

Post by Emperor Jake »

Um, mine isn't in here. I sent it in a while ago, at the beginning of last month.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April Voting

Post by Purno »

Quite some screenshots. Tough choice, but I'm just gonna vote for Quast, since that's a typical Dutch suburban station. It's the most recognizable and the one that matches my real life experiences best. Well done.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April Voting [Please re-vot

Post by SwissFan91 »

Emperor Jake wrote:Um, mine isn't in here. I sent it in a while ago, at the beginning of last month.
Darn. It is in there now, apologies to everyone but please re-vote.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

SwissFan91 wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:Um, mine isn't in here. I sent it in a while ago, at the beginning of last month.
Voted again. All screenshots are beautiful. Really liked to look :D . My screenshot of the truth is not very fit.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

Yoshi, how did you get diagonal roads? Anyway, really great screenshots here, miles ahead of me.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I think "suburban" is a vague word. Most screenshots look rather "urban" to me. :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I think most have captured the theme quite well. Mainly the idea of busy through stations in the "suburbs" of smaller houses as opposed to large terminus stations in the skyscrapers. Basically, the Clapham Junctions of the OTTD world!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Perhaps I can lay the blame in my country's infrastructure. The really big stations in the city center have several platforms, but anything in the suburbs have 4 platforms max, most only have 2 platforms. Quast's shots captures that very well; a typical Dutch suburban station. All the other screenshots more look like urban stations to me, but I guess stations in other countries are just bigger. :P

We don't have a lot of terminus stations either.
Image Image
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Indeed very nice shots!! Well done all :bow:
Purno wrote:Quast's shots captures that very well; a typical Dutch suburban station.
Thank you! Fiddeling around with the foundations gave some nice results. All you see under the stationtiles is fake (also the road), but it gives a nice suggestion of an underpassable station.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

SwissFan91 wrote:

I voted for Quast65 as well, but I must commend Yoshi for his attention to detail editing.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Nice shots guys! Sadly my laptop is out of order for good and latest save game got lost! Good news is I have bit earlyer save at my parents place PC! :)
When I get near that computer I hope to be back on competition! :)

Vote cast!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

ISA wrote:Nice shots guys! Sadly my laptop is out of order for good and latest save game got lost! Good news is I have bit earlyer save at my parents place PC! :)
When I get near that computer I hope to be back on competition! :)

Vote cast!
Come back again. Will be very interesting to see your screenshot on the next competition and just out of your games screenshots :) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I have, in my immense stupidity, somehow contrived to delete the vast proportion of the first post that detailed the rules and the leaderboard whilst editing. I presume there are no ways to restore previous versions? Always worth asking before I have to re-write it!
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

SwissFan91 wrote:I have, in my immense stupidity, somehow contrived to delete the vast proportion of the first post that detailed the rules and the leaderboard whilst editing. I presume there are no ways to restore previous versions? Always worth asking before I have to re-write it!
Well, there's a version with the rules and (old) leaderboard from January here: http://web.archive.org/web/201301231258 ... 47&t=59459
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Voting for April has shut.

The winners, with 11 votes, is...
quast65.png
quast65.png (294.9 KiB) Viewed 7640 times
Quast65

Congratulations! The other results are as follows:

8 - OzTrans
8 - Yoshi
6 - jvassie
6 - STD
3 - Zooks
1 - Emperor Jake
0 - A321Pilot

The May competition is now open. The theme will be Airports.
Last edited by SwissFan91 on 11 May 2013 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - May Entries

Post by Purno »

Congratulations! I totally agree with the winning entry :mrgreen:

Looking forward to this month's theme. I was unable to think of a fitting screenshot of the previous theme. :P
Image Image
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Thnx all for voting!!
And also congratulations to the other competitors, very beautiful screenshots were entered :bow:

The theme for the May competition will be: Airports

Good luck!!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory of you, Quast65. Very beautiful screenshot made to participate in the competition.
Quast65 wrote:Thnx all for voting!!
And also congratulations to the other competitors, very beautiful screenshots were entered :bow:

The theme for the May competition will be: Airports

Good luck!!
Very good topic for the you selected. I like it :)) . I just laid there screenshots of airports in their own topic. I will make a screenshot for participation here :wink: .
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Good day :) ! And when will be announced theme of the month?

Return to “Screenshots”