Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Post by George »

Sadguardian wrote:Does anyone saw this problem or encountered it ?
PS: I've attached a save game too
I can't open the save in OTTD r25151. Something wrong with it.
Image Image Image Image
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Your problem sounds like one in chillpp: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p1060790
Are you using that patch-pack, and running a version before that bug got fixed, by any chance?
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

The game was loaded in openttd-newmapfeatures-r25136 but it did happened in other versions of ottd (1.05, 1.1.0...). Regarding to 1.47 patch, I never use it :roll:

Is there a way to make the save game accessible for testing somehow ?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Sadguardian wrote:Is there a way to make the save game accessible for testing somehow ?
Nope.

Before you report issues like this, it is good practice to also try to reproduce the problem in standard unpatched openttd.
If you manage to do this, you should ask in the normal threads like this one.
If you fail to reproduce the issue in unpatched openttd, it is safe to assume the openttd patch itself is to blame. You should contact the author of the patch in that case.
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

It's hard to reproduce in normal ottd because it does have a limit of GRF allowed to be introduced in a new game....I'm using above 90 newgrf...and I've did reproduced it many times with different versions of ECS and ottd...same problem :(
With FIRS works correctly but I wouldn't choose one over another and I'm willing to run in this way than to give up from ECS vectors. I just hope after making the whole Europe, things wouldn't go from worst to really bad...

..still I will submit this problem to another topic and check if I can make it running properly.
In other cases, I don't have any idea what it could be...
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Sadguardian wrote:I've did reproduced it many times with different versions of ECS and ottd...same problem :(
provide a savegame please
Image Image Image Image
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

I've posted an early version of my savegame, hope this one works...and remember, it's made in a newer version of ottd, more exactly, from here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=140

Thanks
Attachments
IMT Europe, 08-09-2001.sav
(4.51 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Sadguardian wrote:I've posted an early version of my savegame, hope this one works...and remember, it's made in a newer version of ottd, more exactly, from here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=140
It is not the trunk.
Unfortunately, I can't solve bugs that I can't reproduce. Please reproduce the bug in the trunk.
Image Image Image Image
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

Did that and hope I did it correctly. I've started a new game (ottd last stable release 1.3.0) and only used ECS vectors + ECS addon and here are the results for Chemical and Plastic Plant:

and in scenario editor it happens the same thing:

What's the most weird thing, all industries with problems, are those who use fuel (Oil Wells and Refinery), Chemical, Plastic and 2-3 more. I've had the same problem last year with Glass Works, Sand Pit (but Oil Wells and Refinery worked correctly then) :roll:

Ah and the savegame is at the bottom.
Attachments
MacDonald & Co., 20-01-2010.sav
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Sadguardian wrote:Did that and hope I did it correctly. I've started a new game (ottd last stable release 1.3.0) and only used ECS vectors + ECS addon and here are the results for Chemical and Plastic Plant:
Ah and the savegame is at the bottom.
You have started a scenario. Does it happen in a new random game?
Image Image Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Sadguardian wrote:Did that and hope I did it correctly. I've started a new game
Where did you get the scenario from? Did you modify it, especially the used NewGRFs?

If you did the latter, I suggest you disable the developer tools which you trip yourself over: close OpenTTD, then set
scenario_developer 0
in your openttd.cfg, then re-start OpenTTD.
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

It seems it doesn't. With your idea, I've tried to start a new game on temperate and it does work correctly now. In this case it should be the scenario ? :roll:
Where did you get the scenario from? Did you modify it, especially the used NewGRFs?
Besides loading it in Scenario Editor and applying newGRF, saving it and playing after, I didn't do any modifies...
The scenario is called Europe (second on the list), from here: http://bananas.openttd.org/en/scenario/
If I set it to false or 0, how I'm gone introduce newgrf in a scenario ? :D
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Sadguardian wrote:Does anyone saw this problem or encountered it ?
This should have been an Chemical Plant...Thanks
It appears that the Industries GRF has been added OR changed (Either to a new version or from one set to another) either in the SaveGame OR in the original Scenario.
The Coal Mine Sprites are a frequent occurrence when this sort of thing has happened...

No solution I'm afraid, other than DON'T change NewGRFs in either the Scenario Editor or Savegame; some you can get away with, but industry sets, even for version updates, don't tend to be successful.

The basic rule to follow is unless the NewGRF or Patch developer says that it will work (For example the update between ISR 0.81 and 0.82 stated compatibility); it most likely won't. Feel free to try it out, but always be prepared for your savegame/scenario to go wrong immediately or a few years in...
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

You are right, it is possible that in a few years everything to be messed up (industry or rails or anything else) and I was aware of that because when I've started the game I've placed every type of rail, industry, roads to check if they work how it should do and they worked correctly but after some time.....
So, 99 % it is my fault but my next question is, how could I play on a real based Europe map and use my preferred GRF ?
And if I did get it right, any patch would do harm to a new game because incompatibilities between GRF, so what's the point for making patches for departure timetables, 24h day length, etc. if they can be used ? :roll:
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Sadguardian wrote:
It seems it doesn't. With your idea, I've tried to start a new game on temperate and it does work correctly now. In this case it should be the scenario ? :roll:
Besides loading it in Scenario Editor and applying newGRF, saving it and playing after, I didn't do any modifies...

If I set it to false or 0, how I'm gone introduce newgrf in a scenario ? :D
You don't. And that's the whole point. You made here a good example why this is disabled by default.

You should not use developer settings unless you know what they do, what they imply and what there possible consequences can be. You messed with the savegame, expressly accepted the consequences by clicking 'ok' in a red warning window. And now come and complain that the savegame or scenario is bugged after tempering with it in one of the worst possible ways: changing NewGRFs, most importantly industry NewGRFS, after it was initially created. Generally changing NewGRFs after a map is created NEVER works. If it appears to work, it still may have consequences which are not obvious and lead to bugs and crashes later on - all due to tempering with it in the first place.
Sadguardian wrote:how could I play on a real based Europe map and use my preferred GRF
configure your NewGRFs to what you want to use. Then go to create new game and choose a heightmap which shows the map section(s) you want to play with.
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

Do you know a place where I can get a real height map ? Because all have mountains in the sky :)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Sadguardian wrote:Do you know a place where I can get a real height map ? Because all have mountains in the sky :)
You can export the heightmap of a scenario you like and then play on that with whatever grfs you want. Load it in the scenario editor and look for "Save heightmap" in the save menu.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
AlexG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by AlexG »

Done that. It was something that I didn't know, thanks! :D
Saved the heightmap, applied the newgrf before, hit the play heightmap button...and hoping it will work for 1 year or more :bow:
Correctly if I'm wrong...and sorry for making off-topic posts about something which was my fault.
Robbedem
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Robbedem »

I'm having a small problem. When I start a map with minimal industry, I never get enough coal mines compared to steel mills and power plants.
Sandman7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sandman7 »

hi, can someone delete my email in this topic, page 22, please?

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”