Private minecraft server (FTB Mindcrack v8.2.0)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Private minecraft server.

Post by smallfly »

White-listing works this way:

step 1) edit the server settings using the webinterface and go the line "white-list:false" and set it to "white-list:true".
step 2) use a FTP program to connect to your minecraft server (for ftp settings, see nitrado "my server" => webinterface)
step 3) when connected via FTP program, download the file "white-list.txt". add the usernames (one line for each username). upload the file again.
step 4) restart minecraft server using webinterface

//edit: but i suggest you don't use white-listing in the first days, so everybody can try out if he/she want to play on the server at all. but thats your choice of course.
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I will do as you suggest Smallfly and leave it open for now.
First I need to read more. ;)

good night all and I wish you all a lot of fun, see you soon on the server.

Just leave the spawn chunk untouched for now please.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Yeah I think there nice creeper hole near spawn.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hmm, box their spawn in if you can?
We will deal with that later if needed.

Dang ... I will have no choice I guess then to try and join you before I receive my activation.
I am 500% sure I saw the screen telling me my transaction went through ... however those 20 euros are still sitting on my pre-paid card ... slow moneybrokers is slow??
Hmm will open a support ticket on MineCraft forums tomorrow ... no much use doing this now as they as Notch, Jeb & co are in the same timezone as me.

Can I have some screenies please?

EDIT:
Feedback much is apreciated. ;)
Untill I have my minecraft acccount too I can only go by what you people tell me about the gameexperience.

So far there are five peeps to add to the whitlelist ... including me

Also 10 slots available which I will increase once someone tells me he could not join because the server was full.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

The server restarted right after I took a pic...

I must be high -- the first thing I did was collect indigo flowers for no real reason...

Here's your screenie.
2013-04-03_11.36.07.png
(358.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
EDIT: What times (GMT) are you usually online? I probably live half a world away, so my chances of seeing someone online are pretty slim.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Many of us are european. but I usually go to bed late, or I am up very early ... one of both.
Currently it is here 5.30 am.

Don't make me regret me saying this ... please.
If you have some local friends who want to play too feel free to invite them too and PM me their ingame names, however I will hold you semi-responsible for them to stick to the rules then.

Edit:
Thx for the screenie , spawn looks nice and we can do somthing with that. I only hope the map is not flat like that all over the place.
Ifso I might restart the map if that is wanted by most. ;)

Can you go into creative too? ifnot I will enable that as soon as I know how.

Edit2:
I will look at adding FTB and my modpack later too on the server so we can change map and mods from time to time. ;)

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

I can. But I usually stick to survival for the fun of it (or, forget it's there...).

It is quite an awesome map. As part of general courtesy I set up my home about 170 blocks away (give or take 30) from spawn. It is quite a nice map; managed to settle on high ground with plains, deserts, swamps and trees (because I'm not sure if it's a forest) nearby, and recently I found out a ravine jutting into the mountain at the back.

You stay up late? Perfect. I wake up early. We'll be able to compensate the time difference this way. I'm currently adjusting my body clock to sleep from 10 pm till 5 am... So I'll be around at 9 pm (GMT) or so.

Can't wait to try out the tekkit features. Does anybody know if marble is harder than cobblestone/stone?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I can. But I usually stick to survival for the fun of it (or, forget it's there...).
OK perfect.
Some people, including me, do like building stuff somtimes wihout harvesting resources.
The main reason I asked however is for ability to fly from time to time ... taking some nice sreenies ans stuff.
It is quite an awesome map. As part of general courtesy I set up my home about 170 blocks away (give or take 30) from spawn.
Nice to know that.
It is quite a nice map; managed to settle on high ground with plains, deserts, swamps and trees (because I'm not sure if it's a forest) nearby, and recently I found out a ravine jutting into the mountain at the back.
first come first serve.
I'd like to make spawn (+- the whole chunk) something we all build toghether, a meeting place if you will.
Then we each gave a little of our own around that and then beyond we can do all the crazy stuff, just do not go out too far yet, that way we have some new chunks not too far off in case some mods are added later on.
eg. my choochoo that drops quite some coal if you manege to kill it, if because it jumps as high as creepers do but it is faster and sees you from futher away too, also it takes quite some damage ... there are two versions on is harder than te other but the tougher ones only spawn in groups of 3 instead of 5 for the easier ones. Also they are wanderers and one of them can swim too.

They are not there yet but if you see one later you'd better get in a tree fast or nerdpole up. :D
You stay up late? Perfect. I wake up early. We'll be able to compensate the time difference this way. I'm currently adjusting my body clock to sleep from 10 pm till 5 am... So I'll be around at 9 pm (GMT) or so.
Actually I want to bed early today ... but I was awake at 2.30 and could no longer sleep, leftover from younger days when I slept for only three hours a night.
Can't wait to try out the tekkit features. Does anybody know if marble is harder than cobblestone/stone?
Me neither never played tekkit before.
No idea really and does it matter? just a question.

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

ChillCore wrote: Can't wait to try out the tekkit features. Does anybody know if marble is harder than cobblestone/stone?
Me neither never played tekkit before.
No idea really and does it matter? just a question.[/quote]

It's just that I'm not sure what to do with it, since I spent a day harvesting 2 stacks.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Don't tell me you are still using a wooden pickaxe ... lol.

Get at least a stone one then find some iron ore and build a furnace so you can get a metal one then go find some diamonds and you will be picking a lot faster ...

Hold on just I just killed Steam, suddenly my computer acts normal again ... just came back here for the server's IP and I should be there in a minute or so I have about an hour or so before verything opens here, bank and other places I need to go ...
hm never used the ingame chat though I can not remember right now what button it was to open it ... has been a while I have played minecraft at all.
Don't quote me on that minute or so though. Still on windows here because of steam downloading before ... :mrgreen:

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

It's t. I was using stone pickaxes.

I'm absolutely terrible on coping with the fear of darkness, creepers, etc... please do pardon me if I'm a bit slow :oops:
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

No problem wanderer, once I start dabbling in the tekkit stuff I need to look up things too ... I will be just as slow as you.

Afraid of the dark, eh. :mrgreen:
Make some (more then a few) torches and instead of going into existing caves start digging a hole yourself ... make sure you close the opening behind you, as you proceed make sure to light up the place adequately and you will not see no creepers or skeletons or whatever.
Also you might be able to find exposed cliffs with resources in it without having to wander into caves.

As for slow ... the tekkit launcher has decide to download everything and/or starts up the wrong versions each and every time,
So I wil not be joining right now but instaed make sure I downloaded alla nd everything before continuing.

Also I tried my vanilla versio on Smallfly's server and I can join no problem there, so all is good.
I will just be a little later to come to the party.

At earliest around midday I think, if I do not see you then then I will see you tonight.
Untill I can reply ingame feel free to co,tinue asking questins here. if not me someone might be able to answer them. ;)

5 minues till the bank opens ... see ya later alligator. ;)

ps:
Whatever you do never dig straight down or up; jou may encounter some nasty suprises if you do.

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Will do. I love shaft mining at bedrock level.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

What build is it, latest?

EDIT: When will people be on?
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I have just joined to have a look APDAF. ;)

Not sure how long I will stay though as I still have something to do later and am waiting for a phonecall.

hey peeps, I think I will be giving installing my own modpack a try ...

First time I play tekkit and honestly I am already missing too much things I am used too ...
Like I said before If I can install three versions of minecraft on the server to switch between then I will do so.

I will see if I can take a screenshot of my current modfolder ...
I will keep you updated going to read some more.

EDIT:

I have been running aroud a bit on the server and I am convinced now that I will be trying someting else ... as mentioned above.

Attached is a screenshot of everything I have now and that I will be uploading (*) soonish somwhere, I am currently trying to add another two or three mods before I send an email to the server owners to install my modpack as a second minecraft version.
I am simply missing way too much stuff I am already used to. eg the boots that allow to go up 1 tile without juping I simply can not live without ...

(*) You will only have to download once as the modpack once uploaded will not change for a very long time ;)
Attachments
I may make this available for everyone to download later, however I first need to clean up my folder, and I need to make sure I do not run into trouble leagally.
I may make this available for everyone to download later, however I first need to clean up my folder, and I need to make sure I do not run into trouble leagally.
Schermafdruk.png (144.46 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
my house and the mine.
my house and the mine.
zoom1.png (29.51 KiB) Viewed 7503 times
Last edited by ChillCore on 03 Apr 2013 15:38, edited 2 times in total.

APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

ChillCore wrote: Attached is a screenshot of everything I have now and that I will be uploading (*) soonish somwhere, I am currently trying to add another two or three mods before I send an email to the server owners to install my modpack as a second minecraft version.
I am simply missing way too much stuff I am already used to. eg the boots that allow to go up 1 tile without juping I simply can not live without ...
Will there be a download link for that?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Ofcourse APDAF. ;)

I was currently trying to add the two mods that were suggested to me to add but my game crashes if I do add them,
Now after removing them my world seems to be corrupted, and keeps crashing after a few seconds.
Going to put back the backup now, remove the unneeded folders again and then get it on the server somehow.
This may take a little while still.

(*) The only thing I would like to know is if the map needs to be on the server only or if I need to give that too each of too,
The map is rather big already (+350MB) because I alreaddy loaded many many chunks.

Note:
If I can figure out how to simply restart the map with the same seed (I do not remember which one I used) I would not mind restarting completely as I was just meesing around. It is a very beautiful map.

I will upload a screenie in a bit but for you to see the whole map I would like us to play on. It is really beuatiful.

APDAF, do you want me to send you a PM when I uploaded it? it wil take a while
That way you do not have to check back every minute to see if it is there or not for nothing.
Attachments
On the left of the house is a town that I am building a wall around ... an idea stolen from the minecraft thread
On the left of the house is a town that I am building a wall around ... an idea stolen from the minecraft thread
zoom2.png (23.4 KiB) Viewed 7503 times
Aproximately at the end of the river; bottom of the map is spawn, there is a desert town there. I;d like to build a road from ther to my house.
Aproximately at the end of the river; bottom of the map is spawn, there is a desert town there. I;d like to build a road from ther to my house.
zoom3.png (29.37 KiB) Viewed 7503 times
An overview of the whole map and the reason my savegame is this big already.
An overview of the whole map and the reason my savegame is this big already.
zoom4.png (24.74 KiB) Viewed 7503 times

CmdKewin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CmdKewin »

Count me in :D

I myself use a modified Vanilla (FORGE + Minimap + Not Enough Items + Damage Indicators), but I wouldn't mind playing more advanced mods (like Voltz, for instance). *hint* *hint*
"I'm an engineer!"
http://www.cmdkewin.net/ (Out of Order)

Eve: Since Beta Phase 2
Civilizazion Fan: Seems like forever...
SimCity Fan: SC 2000 is still the best
TT Fan: Since 1995
Switzerland: Since 1291
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Welcome CmdKewin,
For now can just log in and find you somewhere nice to live.

The server will remain open for all for the rest of the running month.
After that I'll see.

Please, pm me your ingame name so I can whitelist you later if needed. ;)

Next week we change to FTB.
As I never played that before it will run for a full week also before I put it back on Tekkit.

How shall we proceed after that?
Weekly change and the current version keeps running untill someone requests a change? (server rule nr. n + 1: Simple request by anyone is enough to trigger the version change.)
This allows also for the same map to run for weeks on end but also avoids any and all discussion.

Unless some big project is running the change would happen on a fixed day or days in the week.

Thoughts?

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

I'd much rather have continuity, and be able to keep working on the same world/buildings/project. Just make a poll to see which modpack people prefer (I'd vote FTB), and then run with that... :P
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.

Return to “Off-Topic”