Bus Depots are greyed out even after changing the game year

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sridharan_eee
Engineer
Engineer

Bus Depots are greyed out even after changing the game year

Post by sridharan_eee »

Dear All

I am new for open ttd and playing for the last few weeks. I really appreciate all your efforts to make the game an interesting one.

I was reading many questions related to grey-out of bus depots that really hurts, but many of the game experts replied to change the game year using Alt+Ctrl+C.

I am also a victim of this situation, unable to build bus depots as they are greyed out. Changing of year does not help.

Request your suggestions.

Thanks

Sridhar
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Bus Depots are greyed out even after changing the game y

Post by PikkaBird »

Hopefully the threads you've already found contain more information than just a bald instruction to "change the game year". :roll: Otherwise, can you think of any other pertinent information you may be able to provide? "It doesn't work" isn't easy to fix. :)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Well, what year *is* it in-game? If not using any grfs, then the game year should be at least 1950 to guarantee that buses are available.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Typically if it's greyed out, then you're likely playing during a year where there are no buses yet available. The solution would be to EITHER change the start date to when they are available, or add a NewGRF vehicle set that adds vehicles in the year you want to start.

In an OpenTTD game that is not running any NewGRFs at all that either add/remove vehicles or alters the starting date or the economy, the first bus is available in 1930 for Temperate, Sub-Arctic and Tropical environments, and 1946 for Toyland. If you are running NewGRFs, check the documentation for information about what years vehicles are introduced.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”