2.0.1 alpha / 2.5 beta discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

V3.1 has most of the graphics fixed - except the armoured van (using the DBSet with cutom armoured vans turned off). It's the same steam train as in the previous screenshot (I assume that it's the first sprite or something like that)
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

Alpha 3 seems to be very unstable. It crashes the odd time when saving.
Anyone else experiencing this??
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Two "bugs":

1. When a train arrives at a station and unloads accepted cargo green income is displayed. Sometimes this does not happen, allthough the income is added to the trains annual income. I´m not 100% sure about this, but very sure. Maybe only a limited number of income can be displayed on the whole map at the same time. The patch dev. will know about it.

2. When a train is stopped and let drive again, it has still the speed at which it was stopped. That makes a train go from 0 - 300 in a second. Can this be fixed?
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Marcel wrote:1. When a train arrives at a station and unloads accepted cargo green income is displayed. Sometimes this does not happen, allthough the income is added to the trains annual income. I´m not 100% sure about this, but very sure. Maybe only a limited number of income can be displayed on the whole map at the same time. The patch dev. will know about it.
Maybe you've run out of objects, which is particularly likely if you're using moresteam. Try increasing morevehicles to compensate.
Marcel wrote:2. When a train is stopped and let drive again, it has still the speed at which it was stopped. That makes a train go from 0 - 300 in a second. Can this be fixed?
That's always been the case, but it would definitely make sense to see it 'fixed'.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Oracle wrote:
Marcel wrote:1. When a train arrives at a station and unloads accepted cargo green income is displayed. Sometimes this does not happen, allthough the income is added to the trains annual income. I´m not 100% sure about this, but very sure. Maybe only a limited number of income can be displayed on the whole map at the same time. The patch dev. will know about it.
Maybe you've run out of objects, which is particularly likely if you're using moresteam. Try increasing morevehicles to compensate.
Actually, no. These are "text effects" and they have their own array of 30 entries. In theory, if you run out of them, the oldest one will be removed before it's done floating up and the slot is reused for the new effect. So in theory, the only time you don't see any floating income is if 30 of them happen at the exact same time.

If you can make a savegame just before this happens, I'd be interested to see it, maybe there is a bug after all.
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

I had a closer look on this, it happens quite often, mostly when some train windows are open. When the income is limited to 30 on the whole map this is a good explaination, I´m pretty sure this happens nearly permanent in my game :D .
Attachments
cfg´s.zip
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
TRP00.zip
(282.41 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Actually, I just tested it, and that bit of code doesn't work as I thought it did. So basically, if you run out of text effects (if 30 are in use already), no new ones will be displayed.

Not a bug as such, just a limitation, although I suppose I could make it remove older ones instead of not displaying new ones.

You can test this by building a long stretch of road (more than 30 squares), where each square will generate its own text effect. Only the first 30 squares will get a text effect.
goalie
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by goalie »

why isnt the new station size in in the new alpha 4
Last edited by goalie on 20 Oct 2003 07:58, edited 2 times in total.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Because.

What on earth did you hope to achieve with that question?

I mean, how would your life be better if you knew just the arcane reasons for which I didn't include this? Why not just wait until a version comes out which does support it? You'll have to do that no matter what.

Sheesh.
goalie
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by goalie »

ok bad question clear my post
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Now the last three post get totally useless :?
-edit-

Got a pm, it was about bigger station support.
The current plan is to add it to alpha 5,
it was simple to heavy to make it all in one release.
goalie
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by goalie »

sorry that i aksed so but i thought it was a bug
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

Hmm... Interesting.
ttdpatch.net wrote:In 2.0.1 alpha 3 (October 12, 2003):
really, really, *really* fix sharedorders...
ttdpatch.net wrote:In 2.0.1 alpha 4 (October 19, 2003):
order windows weren't redrawn properly after sharing an order list
Not really a discrepency - I just thought it looked funny. :D
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Again I found some "bugs" or suggestions: As you can see in the picture the fences don´t look right. In the smaller circle you can see that there are fences near the elec. track. I think they are there because of the station. In the other circle the fences aren´t connected to each other, it would look much better when they were. This also applies to the track in the bottom. It has of course only cosmetical character. But I now that the patch dev. allways want to be perfect...

Next it happens sometimes to me that a train is very long in a depot for service because it can´t leave it, the tracks are blocked. When it leaves it the train has the last service when it entered the depot, not the date when it leaves it. So it is also possible to have a breakdown while it is in the depot, or just leaving it. I also saw a train enter the depot directly after leaving it. Maybe they should get a permanet service as long they are there, or a service in the moment they are leaving.
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (53.77 KiB) Viewed 9864 times
HOVORKA
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by HOVORKA »

Exscuse me: What is the "rev1" ? Probably I did not read everything.
http://www.tt-league.net
New Transport tycoon instalation pack is on http://www.tt-league.net/store/prog/install.exe (12 MB - multilanguage)
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Rev 1 has the functionality of 2.0 stable only - none of the new alpha features, but includes a number of bugfixes that Joesf didn't know about when 2.0 stable was released.
mastodon
Engineer
Engineer

Crash Report

Post by mastodon »

Version: 2.0.1 alpha 4 - Windows

I have encountered a repeatable crash when a train has load from station that has been deleted, and you click on the information button (that shows the contents of the carriages.

The attached save game demonstrates this - click on the information for train 1 and the game will crash. Clicking for any of the other trains (or indeed other vehicles) works normally.

I know I can work around this (by not clicking until the train has delivered it's cargo), but thought that I should report it
Attachments
Crash Report 29Oct2003.zip
(148.18 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Alpha 4.1 exp by Oskar

Post by George »

I try to make my long vehicles to support paper in temperate, but I see the following problems:

1) The paper is in the refitting list (action 0), but not in game - you can not refitt the lorry to paper. When I specify the cargo type to paper, it becomse paper carrier, but still can not be refitted to paper

2) The action 3 is not affected to paper, even when the paper carrier view is specificated. It shows default truck view instead.

These bugs has to be fixed to make long vehicles support paper in temperarte :(
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Could you explain me it in detail?
Josef made a working train wagon for paper, maybe you can see how it's done?
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

I have looked around and if you mean this list in TTDPatch:
b) The following cargo types are defined by TTDPatch:

You could try to use this id to make it work:
0C 1000 0B Food

Only a raw idea what your problem is ...

Return to “General TTDPatch”