British Themed Screenshots

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: British Themed Screenshots

Post by Zakos »

As do I...
useagull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by useagull »

My game has now moved into the 1980s where Diesels reign
Attachments
Templewell moves into the 1980s.jpg
(636.37 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Colliery Town of Blackham.jpg
(635.54 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Busy 1980s Mainline scene at Puddlefield.jpg
(668.3 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
hayeswood
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by hayeswood »

nice work be good to see some bus station and some uk buses
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Where did you get those mines and mine trains? I completely forgot where they were.
useagull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by useagull »

hayeswood wrote:nice work be good to see some bus station and some uk buses
I know i forgot to download the buses would have been a nice touch, i will defo have them for my next game
IrmoTrainfan wrote:Where did you get those mines and mine trains? I completely forgot where they were.
You can get the mine carts, trucks and the better looking coalmine from this link; http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... t=cartload you can also get the tram line steam trains and trucks for all industries from the loco fan page
Last edited by useagull on 10 Feb 2013 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

These are actually really good! Makes a change from the constant US stuff that people usually make on LoMo.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
useagull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by useagull »

SwissFan91 wrote:These are actually really good! Makes a change from the constant US stuff that people usually make on LoMo.
Thanks i'm going to add some more screenies soon and look at electrifying one of the routes i think
useagull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by useagull »

Some More screenies as we approach the 1990s....
Attachments
Intercity Passes Hollywell as a local is pulling out.jpg
(639.52 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
The Pendleborough to Charton line sees a lot of freight traffic.jpg
(647 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Bootway Farm boasts the only remaining steam engines to work the fields.jpg
(642.67 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
useagull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by useagull »

As my game moves into the 1990s increased traffic has forced me to re-do some of my layouts, like a big overhaul of the track at Charton
Attachments
Charton the Terminus of two mainlines.jpg
(660.57 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
An Intercity 225 passes Applewell.jpg
(649.36 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Marshes Junction allows trains coming from Templewell to terminate at Linkton Cross.jpg
(576.34 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I like the EWS 08 hiding in the corner of the Applewell shot.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
useagull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by useagull »

Some screenies now from the 2000s....
Attachments
Complete New station at Pendleborough changed it to a terminus to help with increased traffic.jpg
(648.63 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Where the East end of Pendleborough Central would have been.jpg
(633.42 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Disused Chemical Plant line at Templewell.jpg
(618 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

Here are some screens from my curret game, Passenger and mail only is the game, the object is to produce a profitable Passenger and Mail network.

The first station built was the Overwell and Blackhall station, this serves the two towns/cities and has three lines terminating here.
Overwell & Blackhall.jpg
Overwell & Blackhall.jpg (262.13 KiB) Viewed 18258 times
Fillingstoke & Bankston City were next on the first line, the line was mainly single track with passing places built, however as profits and traffic increased the line was doubled.

Barston level junction and station
Barston.jpg
Barston.jpg (660.59 KiB) Viewed 18258 times
Longwood Terminus, this is the end of the line. A service from Longwood goes to a small village of Birdwood a short trip down the line.
Longwood.jpg
Longwood.jpg (646.23 KiB) Viewed 18258 times
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

Fillingstoke & Bankston City stations are the next calls after Overwell & Blackhall Terminus. The Fillingstoke station was build on the bridge as the line was built at this point.
Fillingstoke & Bankston City.jpg
Fillingstoke & Bankston City.jpg (272.63 KiB) Viewed 18249 times
Here is the small saddle tank approaching the Birdwood station, the juntion was remodeled with connection to the Overwell & Blackhall station.
Birdwood.jpg
Birdwood.jpg (628.52 KiB) Viewed 18249 times
The Sunningborne Branchline was built only to serve the two towns of Sunningborne Market and Leadtown.
Sunningborne Branch.jpg
Sunningborne Branch.jpg (326.11 KiB) Viewed 18249 times
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

The new line was built to connect to Great Queenstown from the Overwell & Blackhall Terminus, this passed Barston to the south/west. A new station was built where the line drops down. When the line became busy with express trains bypass bridges were built to pass this station, however they were still brick bridges to speed was still restricted.
Barston new line.jpg
Barston new line.jpg (360.14 KiB) Viewed 18248 times
The Longwood Junction was built to allow faster travel(with the bypass bridges) between Longwood and Overwell & Blackhall. This allowed express trains to run direct with no delays.
Longwood junction.jpg
Longwood junction.jpg (333.81 KiB) Viewed 18248 times
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

Further Expansion of the rail network started with works to the west of Longwood, but due to instructions to build through stations in the 4 line configuration caused issues especially when building the tunnels started to eat up much of the profit built over the years, work slowed and sometimes even halted due to this.
Longwood tunnel.jpg
Longwood tunnel.jpg (369.2 KiB) Viewed 18245 times
Again due to the top wishing all new through stations to be built to allow express trains to pass through towns, they started to refuse the company from building through their towns, however after negotiations and a small wood planting the towns soon started to see the benifits of rail travel!

Commonworth station area was built at a different level to the road, therefore the over pass brick bridge was built, this was later upgraded to earth enbankment and steel bridge allowing faster train times.
Commonworth.jpg
Commonworth.jpg (377.85 KiB) Viewed 18245 times
Trickleville station caused issues as the company was forced to build a bridge over the road to drop down to ground level to connect onto the towns of Corwstoke and Charstoke to the south.
Trickleville.jpg
Trickleville.jpg (367.62 KiB) Viewed 18245 times
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

Crowstoke town station, this connects direct to Charstoke, where lines connect and depart from. The duel tracks to the East and West both come from Charstoke, the Eastern line goes to Trickleville. The Western line is a proposed line to the far West of the Map curving round to Longwood.
Crowstoke.jpg
Crowstoke.jpg (362.47 KiB) Viewed 18245 times
Charstoke station, initially built as a 4 platform station but soon expaned to six when the line to the North East connected up with Flurryston.
Charstoke before.jpg
Charstoke before.jpg (358.18 KiB) Viewed 18245 times
Charstoke after the building of the Flurryston connection line. The express trains bypass the local trains calling at the station but the junction to the east, taking the line to the south where the lines rejoin heading onto Flurryston. The straight line to the East still ends up at Flurryston but goes via the small town of Great Longston.
Charstoke after.jpg
Charstoke after.jpg (400.97 KiB) Viewed 18245 times
As you can see the reign of Diesels are now approaching, however these were the first lines to use Diesels as all of the other lines still used steam up untill the late 1960's.
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

Ivyley Market Branch line is only to Charstoke, where this small DMU is calling at.
Ivyley Market.jpg
Ivyley Market.jpg (343.32 KiB) Viewed 18242 times
Flurryston connections, with Great longston station built on the bridge. As the land increases height there was a few curves built to take the line up and around to the new Terminus
Flurryston.jpg
Flurryston.jpg (291.84 KiB) Viewed 18242 times
useagull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by useagull »

Some nice shots there Sykesy could do with zooming in on some of the shots for a clearer view
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

useagull wrote:Some nice shots there Sykesy could do with zooming in on some of the shots for a clearer view
I agree with that, the station platforms also seem to disappear when zoomed out.

Return to “General Locomotion”