[OTTD] Lithuania scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
brisky
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Lithuania scenario

Post by brisky »

Hello!

I would like to announce that a new real world scenario featuring Lithuania and surrounding territories has been created. The map has realistic terrain, contains all cities with population bigger than 5000 citizens, all major rivers(!) and lakes.

A NewGRF plugin has been designed specifically for this map. It alters OpenTTD base costs and should make the gameplay of the scenario more challenging and entertaining.

Here is the map:
http://wiki.openttd.org/Scenario:Lithuania
And here is the newGRF:
http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/details ... ils&id=271

Have fun! :)
Attachments
Screenshot of the minimap.
Screenshot of the minimap.
LithuaniaMinimap.png (68.34 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Screenshot of the map.
Screenshot of the map.
LithuaniaScreenshot.png (494.53 KiB) Viewed 720 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Lithuania scenario

Post by SwissFan91 »

It looks great, I can't wait to play it tomorrow.

[EDIT] The scenario itself is ok, but having the transmitters forming the borders is quite annoying.

[EDIT2] I don't know if anyone else has played this scenario, but there seems to be a big problem with the water. It may just be some of my GRF's though..
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
brisky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by brisky »

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your comments. What is the problem with the water?
xmantasx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xmantasx »

Download link for this scenario is not working anymore, i have tried to find it everywhere, but unfortunately.

If anybody still have this Lithuanian scenario somewhere in your computer - would you please share it here?

Im from Lithuania, very nostalgic to Transport Tycoon (played 1994-98) and would like to come back.

Many many thanks in advance!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Retrieved via Internet Archive. Also fixed the TT Wiki so that file link points here.
Attachments
Lithuania.1.0.scn
(248.73 KiB) Downloaded 1711 times
xmantasx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xmantasx »

Thank you kamnet!

But im missing something again :) I can not load this scenario, nor edit it - as it asks for "AlternativeBaseCosts" newGRF and "load" button is inactive. I cant find anywhere that NewGRF as well, as download link is not working, tried to get it via Internet Archive, but unsuccessfully :).

My question for that case: is there any way to load .scn file just skipping/ignoring newGRF's that are missing? If there is no way - then .scn file becomes useless if any of it's newGRF's are missing?

Especially in that situation - I dont want to alter default base costs, I need just a map with cities, industries etc. Default base costs would be ok.
xmantasx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xmantasx »

Thank you. I downloaded it, but im missing somtehing again :)
This scenario asks NewGRF "AlternativeBaseCosts", which is missing. Load button is disabled. In cenario editor - also the same.

Can i somehow skip/ignore that NewGRF: i just need a map with cities, industries etc. But i do not need to alter any base costs. Default costs is ok for me.
In another words - do scenario file becomes useless - if any of NewGRF linked to it are missing?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

xmantasx wrote:Thank you. I downloaded it, but im missing somtehing again :)
This scenario asks NewGRF "AlternativeBaseCosts", which is missing. Load button is disabled. In cenario editor - also the same.

Can i somehow skip/ignore that NewGRF: i just need a map with cities, industries etc. But i do not need to alter any base costs. Default costs is ok for me.
In another words - do scenario file becomes useless - if any of NewGRF linked to it are missing?
I just approved your original post which means there's now a doublepost. Please try some patience before circumventing post approval.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

xmantasx wrote:Thank you. I downloaded it, but im missing somtehing again :) This scenario asks NewGRF "AlternativeBaseCosts", which is missing. Load button is disabled. In cenario editor - also the same.
The scenario asks for the file altbasecost.grf version 1.0, which I cannot find anywhere anymore. However, if you use the in-game content download service, you will find version 1.1. Download this and the scenario should detect it and run without any issues. This is the safest way.
xmantasx wrote:Can i somehow skip/ignore that NewGRF: i just need a map with cities, industries etc. But i do not need to alter any base costs. Default costs is ok for me. In another words - do scenario file becomes useless - if any of NewGRF linked to it are missing?
Once a scenario is created using a NewGRF, removing that NewGRF is not advised, especially if it alters the economy in the game. A base cost NewGRF most certainly does that. Any changes to a scenario may make the scenario unstable, cause a crash or introduce other glitches. If you wish to do that, you will need to find the instructions to enable Scenario Developer mode, then remove it via the Scenario Editor and save it before you play a new game.
xmantasx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xmantasx »

Perfect, thanks. I removed that newGRF in scenario editor (by enabling editor mode). Seems no issues, everything is working ok now, lets play and see.

With these Alternative Base Costs v1.1 also everything was ok more or less, except one parameter: x512 raise/lower land. That makes bankrupt all the computer competitors immediately (tried various, most popular AI's), before they build several tiles of road/track :). I could live with that , saving frequently the game, as one click on unflattered tile - can make you bankrupt. That slows highly the building tracks - i need to be carefull and not to take any paths where raise/lower is needed (even one corner "flattering on the stones" costs are crazy). But for AI's it was crucial: when they started to build any first road/track tiles - pair of raised tiles with so high price - and they had no money to even finish the path :).. Nobody survived after placing 6-10 tiles! :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I doubt it was built with AIs in mind at all. At best, that might be useful in multiplayer games with real players who can make better decisions on when and where to place tracks.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”