The Nations Game

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Nations Game

Post by Voyager One »

Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:Veto Robots not working
Counter-veto.

A.
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:The thing you PM'd me about has happened in less than a year.
No, it's not that. Besides, I never posted I was involved.

B.
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:Someone, without even posted, managed to find a way to disable my robots without informing me.
Why should "someone" need to inform you about a counter-robot device? If there is a plausible explanation, within your posted specifications, then the solution is plausible and it could/should work.
I.e. I never posted my Agni FX weaknesses although there are some. Kasper found one and just countered them, although it was an exercise, not a war-like situation.

C.
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:Saying you can control the robots
Noone is controling your robots, they simply lay powerless.
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:If This tech hasn't been posted on here, it doesn't exist
This tech exists for 40 years now. Noone has used it like this until now.

Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:I would also like to know why every nation in the world has gone against robotics, without the doing 1 illegal thing.
That is simple roleplay. People don't like robots taking over their lives. It's like that IRL and it is happening in our game too.
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:For those of you thinking of aiding Britain, let me be frank, Britain had a reason to attack me
That is another issue. It has nothing to do with your veto and my counter-veto. Don't mix apples and oranges.
---

Back on topic:

This is CNN News, reporting from the Isle of Man:
"We are on board a RAF helicopter, scouting the northern side of the Isle of Man. Everything seems covered in ashes, this is a scene from hell. All land looks scorched and gray. I can confirm there are dozens of Aternian robots laying around motionless and British soldiers taking them apart and loading them into trucks. But what strikes me the..."

* Pilot voice in the background: "Sir, I'm losing power. Master Alarm on! We're turning back!" *
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Last_Ninja_Monk »

Jacko wrote:may I dig up the quote? (wait whilst I search)

Here we go, you cannot veto it now, as it was not vetoed before.
I Previously wrote:one jackal was caught in a magnetic field generated by a nearby science lab and disabled
however it exploded before we could get its overload function disabled.
1. Was completely random accident revealing the weakness
2. it was posted
3. its fairly simple to make, no actual weapon
4 Well its not like you weren't thinking of wiping me out anyway, besides if I don't have enough weapons, I can help someone who does.
5. See numbers 1 & 3

Youve got to be kidding me? a Magnet? That wouldnt work, unless Britain decided to walk in with a wall of magnets then thats pointless! Thats like saying "oh well microwaves destroy guns, so we just microwaved your weapons!"

Firstly, the robots have guns, secondly, what magnets? You can just say "MAGNETS!" without a reasonable idea, like a wall of magnets. Britain cant just magnetize the battlefield >.>

And again, thats hardly a method to destroy all my robotics, a science lab that SOMEHOW generated a magnetic fields outside without any equipment.

For this to work, Britain would need to install magnetic equipment all over the Isle of man, and have a science lab on there to control it....

This is actually utter BS, that I spend years making robots and someone goes "MAGNETS!" and now none of them work >.>

And again, MY argument, was WHY are other countrys attack ME not robots. My Robots are defending Aternia soldiers, so what the other nations are actually saying is "we dont like robots, lets let the British kill the defenseless soldiers!". Its the same as going "I dont like President Obama, so I blew up this house!"

Posting ONCE that you killed ONE Jackal is not a development of a freaking weapon! A Jackal, that got caught on a magnetic wall, does not mean Magnets defeat robots, if theres magnets everywhere, how is britian using there f*** metal guns! :x
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Jacko wrote:may I dig up the quote? (wait whilst I search)

Here we go, you cannot veto it now, as it was not vetoed before.
I Previously wrote:one jackal was caught in a magnetic field generated by a nearby science lab and disabled
however it exploded before we could get its overload function disabled.
1. Was completely random accident revealing the weakness
2. it was posted
3. its fairly simple to make, no actual weapon
4 Well its not like you weren't thinking of wiping me out anyway, besides if I don't have enough weapons, I can help someone who does.
5. See numbers 1 & 3

Youve got to be kidding me? a Magnet? That wouldnt work, unless Britain decided to walk in with a wall of magnets then thats pointless! Thats like saying "oh well microwaves destroy guns, so we just microwaved your weapons!"

Firstly, the robots have guns, secondly, what magnets? You can just say "MAGNETS!" without a reasonable idea, like a wall of magnets. Britain cant just magnetize the battlefield >.>

And again, thats hardly a method to destroy all my robotics, a science lab that SOMEHOW generated a magnetic fields outside without any equipment.

For this to work, Britain would need to install magnetic equipment all over the Isle of man, and have a science lab on there to control it....

This is actually utter BS, that I spend years making robots and someone goes "MAGNETS!" and now none of them work >.>

And again, MY argument, was WHY are other countrys attack ME not robots. My Robots are defending Aternia soldiers, so what the other nations are actually saying is "we dont like robots, lets let the British kill the defenseless soldiers!". Its the same as going "I dont like President Obama, so I blew up this house!"

Posting ONCE that you killed ONE Jackal is not a development of a freaking weapon! A Jackal, that got caught on a magnetic wall, does not mean Magnets defeat robots, if theres magnets everywhere, how is britian using there f*** metal guns! :x
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:MAGNETS
All I'm allowed to say is that it's not magnets.

On another note, I must agree with LNM that magnets would be implausible.
---
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:And again, MY argument, was WHY are other countrys attack ME not robots.
Sorry? What? Who has attacked you? All I can see here is a in-game fight.
---
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:so what the other nations are actually saying is "we dont like robots, lets let the British kill the defenseless soldiers!".
Defenceless soldiers?!? Now you're talking like APDAF.

Also, all I've seen here is banning robots not banning Aternia or Aternians or, for God's sake, banning LNM... :roll:
---

OT @All - If you read carefully my previous reports, you can find clues about what, where, how, who, etc.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Again, how can i say where or not its effective if I dont know WTF it is! It could be anything! So far ive got Ash, and dropping like Flies. Its its EMPs, I already stated that although I could affect maybe 1/20 the others would still reboot in about 3 seconds.

As for attcking me, yes you are.

Example:

6 men sit on a room, outside are 2 guards, and beyond that, a gun man wanting to kill the 6 men. Someone distracts the 2 guards, allowing the gun man to go int and atatck them. The 6 men magaed to fight him, but 3 are killed. That is what you are doing.

Robots are our defenses, its the same as destroying the Kiran airforce, then attacking from the air stating "well we didnt kill people" no but you left the people below which a hell of a lot less defense, therefore you aided in their deaths simply because you didnt agree with what they sued to protect themselves.

If your against guns, removing someones pistol leaving him fighting unarmed against a man with a knife is allowing the man with the knife a massive advantage to kill you.

Britian is attacking ME, robots are the defense, so basically, you went "He has robots, lets remove them and allow Britian to attack them unhindered" Basically helping britian in this fight.

Your disagreement is with Robots, no with Aternians, yet what your doing is against Aternian's! Again, if you take away the mans gun because you dont like guns, leaving him defenseless against an attacker, that doesnt show your hatred for guns, but your hatred for the man you sentenced to death.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

What you're saying is that your soldiers have no rifles, pistols, mortars, artillery...
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:Its its EMPs
No, as I've already told you it's not an EMP.
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote: So far ive got Ash, and dropping like Flies
Read more carefully. A few more clues are within. :wink:

Look at it this way: When a "new" weapon (I'm not saying it's a brand new weapon) is deployed and your men witness it for the first time, all they see is the effect and some clues about what it could be. Deducting from those clues and effects MAY allow them to figure out what it really is and how to counter it, if it can be countered.

Also, I haven't seen one single Aternian casualty yet, just robots.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Voyager One wrote:What you're saying is that your soldiers have no rifles, pistols, mortars, artillery...
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:Its its EMPs
No, as I've already told you it's not an EMP.
Last_Ninja_Monk wrote: So far ive got Ash, and dropping like Flies
Read more carefully. A few more clues are within. :wink:

Look at it this way: When a "new" weapon (I'm not saying it's a brand new weapon) is deployed and your men witness it for the first time, all they see is the effect and some clues about what it could be. Deducting from those clues and effects MAY allow them to figure out what it really is and how to counter it, if it can be countered.

Also, I haven't seen one single Aternian casualty yet, just robots.

Pilot told me xD (Well I followd his hitns and found it, the he told me and linked to the same wiki xD)

And thats why I wanted to know, because currently Ive just found masisve holes in the "logic" you used, mainly absed on the fact i stated my robots were Anti EMP for a single reason, that me and Kasper spoke about around September. (I discovered it, Kasper stated it would work but was expensive, however overtime it would have become cheaper. It was orginally designed to ensure Key Computer systems went unaffected. Code named Operation foiled for thse of you wishing to search about when I posted about it slightly)

Me talking about it ages ago: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 8#p1053858

Me originally posting it: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1025437
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

seems unlikely but it wasn't questioned at the time, so I assumed that it was possible
besides we're in the future now so it could be perfectly possible.

@Britain Vs. robots - there's a sour feeling to the air still over Mexico, don't think after your lack of trust, and belief in us has simply been forgotten.
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Jacko wrote:seems unlikely but it wasn't questioned at the time, so I assumed that it was possible
besides we're in the future now so it could be perfectly possible.

@Britain Vs. robots - there's a sour feeling to the air still over Mexico, don't think after your lack of trust, and belief in us has simply been forgotten.

Its not, and If it was, how would pilot attack me? Plastic knifes and forks? a big battle royal?

Everything made of metal; tanks, planes, ships, guns, bullets, bombs, missiles, computer systems, dog tags, pace makers, metal fillings, metal plates in the body, army boots, walkie talkies etc etc.

So IF he had got a magnet big enough, hes destroy billions worth of his own equipment too, or put it out of service......and if the argument is "well he pulled out" ok why not just bomb me then? :lol:

Magnets may hold the robot in place, which is what i posted when you stated that you had the jackal, in which i posted that it blew itself up to destroy capture, another method of attack they were DESIGNED to do, that doesnt mean all robots would. asoon as the magnets off, they'd start back up and if it had destroy some circuits, surely its done the same to the UKs VERY expensive tanks, planes, trucks, boats and computer systems...

@Voyager and Pilot: also, ontop of my defense system against it, wouldn't this also take out all pilots equipment too........Other then manual guns....
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

hmmm
I'm going to look like I'm contradicting myself when I say not all metals are magnetic... but I'm sure your robots are formed in some way from any combination of, or either one of Cobalt (unlikely), Nickel (maybe), or Iron (including steel, high chance)

but besides you didn't veto it earlier so don't start pointing fingers and saying 'no' when you should've done it then.

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Again, I didnt veto a science lab having a big magnet on it that managed to stick 1 Jackal. I am however, vetoing the possibility that suddenly giant magnets can be added to a battlefield which render every robot useless....

The main arguement is the fact that most military objects are metal. Robots work using cogs and gears, like tanks and other vehicles, so if you stick 1, you stick everything.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

true, but they could be assembled fairly quickly
Making an Electromagnet is a doddle.

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

again, the point is, an attacking force, suddenly cannot built an electromagnet in the middle of a battlefield, which manages to strike down all robots in a 5 ile radius.

The fact remains, if it attracts 1, it attracts ALL, therefore even the soldiers carrying guns get effected by it. If it can attract robots, then it can attract tanks, troop transports, helipcoters, low flying gets, guns, bullets, armors......

The 1 thing used to remove the enemy, also removes the ally. And this is just 1 of many arguments against.

War update *Ignoring the robot debate, not ignoring, but more of not reporting it until its resolved*

Heli's off the Island have been grounded. Several key personnel were removed once the special forces teams were detected, but now it is unsafe for the choppers to leave.

Non military personnel have been taken to the bunkers underneath the military compounds. Soldiers have been seen fully gearing up for battle, while extra FOF systems have been placed around the base.

Aternian naval vessels have set off from the mainland, in order to begin to set up a blockade around the island. Crews have been urged to not venture towards the mainland, as to not start a panic in the British coastal cities. (Only a small update while the debate rages on)

Today chairman Bullson finally addressed the nation on the issue.

"Yesterday, at 08.00 GMT, British soldiers landed on the Isle of man, in an attempt to attack and remove Aternia personnel. At 9.30 am GMT Britain officially declared war on Aternia, over the Isle of man. While we hope this conflict will not reach the shores of either homeland, it is expected that the battle for the Island will rage on.

I can assure Aternia now, that this will be a successful defensive attempt, and while distance is on their side, strength is on ours. I have signed a petition today, to allow the full usage (the stuff agree'd to by me and pilot) of the Aternia military for the defense and safety of the Isle of man, and its people.

Today the world has stood against Aternia technology, banning it. We will show them through this conflict, the true strength, the true power, and the true awe that is Aternia craftsmanship!

I assure you, that this will be remebered, as the 1st robotic battle, as the 1st robotic war, and as the 1st robotic victory!"
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

@LNM - If A321Pilot showed you the link I PMed him, do we assume it happened as I reported?
---

Wrt giant magnets - I agree with LNM. Although not impossible it is VERY impractical and virtually not applicable on the field. Also, British troops would have been affected too, anything metallic would be affected.

What I reported affected only robots. Once again, seemingly making them short-circuit, remain without a power source and basically shut-down.
---

OT - Just today, I've read an interesting article in the newspaper. It is about several nobel prize winners launching an anti-robotic campaign in order to ban military robots. One sentence strikes the most, an I quote it: "Regardless of 3 or more laws, it is impossible to program a robot to effectively make a difference between an armed soldier and a child with a toy gun."

I'm saying my IRL thoughts, that says it all about a possible doomsday scenario.
---
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Not EVERYTHING metallic - only metals that are Cobalt/Iron/Nickel Based
however I agree that this argument is getting ridiculous.

Still, let the fighting continue for the sake of this thread :D

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

British Commando squads head deeper into the Island, but there Advance is slowed by the Mountains between them and the Aternian Bases. Radar Planes have been launched from British Air Bases in an attempt to monitor Aternian movements, whilst a Small Satellite has also been launched.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

BREAKING NEWS!

A massive tsunami wave strikes the south of the Isle of Man!

Reportedly, a massive 20-meters wave has struck the south shores of the Isle of Man, including outposts on the southern beaches and any ship present in the area. The wave has travelled hundreds of meters deep into the dry land, sweeping anything in its way.

What is most puzzling is that no earthquake has been registered in he area and the wave seemed coming from the middle of the Irish Sea. Parts of Ireland, Scotland and northern England have been hit too but damages were significantly lesser because of high cliffs smashing the wave.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

The Tsunami has caused some British Losses, being 3 Fishing Boats, and a small Ferry. A few Off-Shore Wind Turbines have also been damaged. No Troops have been lost as they are in the Mountains on Higher Grounds.
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Again, as stated, Your weapon didnt work for a clear reason, yet this has been totally ignored >.>

1) The method i told pilot about

2) 2 the fact of how it was actually deployed

3) How non of Britans vehicles were affected

I also Pm'ed pilot why, but got no reply >.>

Also, a tidal wave? :shock: Are you joking, if thats not obviously kira then were fighting the Uk and GOD. We'd also like to know HOW this was done too, cant just say a tidal wave was made, again, with no post about the etch (i cant remember anyway)

EDIT: Spoke to Kasper about the EMP device, he said it would work against the weapon. He has spoken!
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

STRICTLY OT - you can't use this for roleplay purposes.

1. The first strike was made with graphite fiber bombs. 75-80% of ALL electronics are affected and they short-circuit regardless if they are high or low voltage. Therefore 75-80% of robots have been affected.

2. There is no evidence who has dropped these bombs and how. All sensors have immediately ceased functioning making impossible to determine even if it was a bomb or something else.

VERY-OT speaking - they were dropped from stealth airplanes that noone's radar was able to detect. The bombs themselves are too small to be detected by radar.
EDIT: Agni FXes are detectable by Dutch most modern 3D radars only. Noone else has this technology.

3. Britain did not use any vehicles during the graphite bomb attack. A321 clearly stated that he used special ops INFANTRY, meaning foot soldiers with guns, nothing more. In fact, all British that could have been affected were probably just some radio stations.

4. Tidal wave - caused by a submerged nuclear multiheaded-device. VERY-OT speaking, a nuclear submarine packed with additional explosives was detonated near the surface causing a tsunami. A321 has been informed in a PM.

Since no fleet in the Irish Sea has been announced to be on max alert (meaning ACTIVELY sonar sweeping), the submarine could not have been detected.

5. You can argue that Kira is behind all this but there is absolutely no evidence of it, therefore any accusations cannot be proved. It comes to Aternian vs. Kiran word of honor. In fact, Kira is not the only one to posess these technologies, the Dutch, Lau and Canad'Oh have (or had) them too, even other smaller countries have SOME of these technologies.
---

Now continue...
Leon

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Forum Games”