Hargs' stuff.

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Hargs' stuff.

Post by hargs »

Right changed my mind again, had a go at long wagons and such.
The grf is basicly usable but a long way from done, what there is, is currently set to be out in 1920.
Attachments
01.png
01.png (181.27 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
mh04.grf
(416.96 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Last edited by hargs on 06 Jun 2013 11:20, edited 5 times in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hargs' graphic gubbins

Post by Purno »

Looks like a succesfull test?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Interesting. Based on anything real?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by hargs »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/211_series

Good old square Japanese EMUs, makes them much easier to draw.
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Hargs' pointless fine scale narrow guage Japanese trains

Post by hargs »

Well it's not quite a proper release, but here’s a (hopefully) basically useable selection of narrow gauge Japanese trains for the years 1870 to 1900.
Attachments
NGJ.grf
(61.29 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
NGJ list.png
NGJ list.png (6.13 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Good stuff. What do these icons mean?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Hint: It´s usually spelt "narrow gauge", not "guage".

Those icons are representing Japanese railway companies.

regards
Michael
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ah, that's why they were totally unfamiliar to me :P
Image Image
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by hargs »

michael blunck wrote:Hint: It´s usually spelt "narrow gauge", not "guage".
:oops: How embarrassing.
michael blunck wrote:Those icons are representing Japanese railway companies.
The icons are probably a little redundant at this point as I’ve been moving away from trying to model specific trains and such, to making them more representative of a type.
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Awesome work you're doing there! Maybe you should add this in the Japan Set Development topic if you want to continue with it or if you'd like to integrate your work with the Japan Set.

I've also used those icons in my TIAS set to distinguish all railway companies from one another. Albeit them looking rather similar, I think it's useful when having a lot of trains that look pretty much the same.
Kikai Transport, 01-06-1976.png
(310.74 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

I'll never complain about more Japanese trains! Wahey!
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Hargs' pointless fine scale narrow gauge Japanese trains

Post by hargs »

Toni Babelony wrote:Awesome work you're doing there! Maybe you should add this in the Japan Set Development topic if you want to continue with it or if you'd like to integrate your work with the Japan Set.
Yep I'm still going with it, had to take a break and do some assignments :cry: .

It's very generous offer, if you're happy to associate with me, I'll gladly take it up. So long as you know I'm heading in a somewhat different direction to the current Japan train, not quite so realistic, its already got that covered and I couldn't and wouldn't compete with the level of quality there.
Toni Babelony wrote:I've also used those icons in my TIAS set to distinguish all railway companies from one another. Albeit them looking rather similar, I think it's useful when having a lot of trains that look pretty much the same.
You're set was the direct inspiration for that one, so all credit goes to you there.
Doorslammer wrote:I'll never complain about more Japanese trains! Wahey!
That was my reasoning for starting this, seemed good enough to me :D .
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

I'm very honoured to hear my set was an inspiration to you! I hope you took a look at my programming as well (which is long and a bit messy) for a bit of help. In NML, it's pretty much straightforward, so if you understand programming trains in NML, it's easy to understand.

Since your title was about "narrow gauge Japanese trains" I at first thought you were doing 750mm gauge trains, instead of the 'standard' 1067mm gauge trains. I kind of got excited about that, since we also had plans for the Japan Set to do 750mm gauge trains as well. Railways like the Sangi Hokusei line, Kintetsu Hachiko and Utsube lines, and the Shimotsui Electric Railway. I've attached a picture of the Shimotsui ER as an example.

Anyway, you needn't worry about the quality you deliver, since it's always good to have more people working on the projects of the Japan Set anyway. During the process, you'll notice that you're improving with help of other members. It's the same how I started out, so you have to start somewhere. We're slowly starting up again with the development of the Japan Set (it's been very quiet), so you can jump on the bandwagon and do whatever suits you I think. ;)
Attachments
img_1192041_32372404_3.jpeg
(374.06 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by hargs »

I might well look into the 750mm trains when I’m done with this one. The scale I've been using for these trains will probably be appropriate for 750mm trains with the normal Japan set.
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

this would be great! even if many japanese ng stuff is realy tiny (kisou forest equpiment for example)! nevertheless i can support you with links and pictures of a lot of 762mm stuff if you want.

/edit: i looked at youre set yesterday and was a bit impressed. nice one. are there any special rails you used for the first screen?! at first i thought you used the finescale uk rails but these use more ballast even if the fit well for youre vehicles
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by hargs »

kackofant wrote:this would be great! even if many japanese ng stuff is realy tiny (kisou forest equpiment for example)! nevertheless i can support you with links and pictures of a lot of 762mm stuff if you want.
It might be a while before I'm ready to move on to it, still a lot of things I need to learn and practice on this one first. But happy to have any info you can send me in advance.
kackofant wrote:/edit: i looked at youre set yesterday and was a bit impressed. nice one. are there any special rails you used for the first screen?! at first i thought you used the finescale uk rails but these use more ballast even if the fit well for youre vehicles
The track should be in the version on the first post now, needs a bit more work on it though :(
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

mhhh as i said, i give it only a small try and i thought, the 2nd grf overwrites the first one. i need more time to check this (my grf list ist a bit long, maybe i simply overlooked it -.-). hopefully i have more time at the week end to play with this small diamond ^^
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by hargs »

Small update, see first post.
hargs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Hargs' stuff.

Post by hargs »

Update, sort of...