ISR/DWE style dock and objects, Version 1.1 released

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ISR style dock and objects, Version 1.4 released

Post by Quast65 »

Well, a lot of work is almost finished.
And it was well worth not putting a version on Bananas yet, the GRF has improved a lot and is not at all compatible anymore with the old one.
Some numbers: round about 930 objects that only use 76 object-ID's :D
Little tasters,
Land based tiles:
ISRDWE01.png
(752.06 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Water based tiles:
ISRDWE02.png
(411.09 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
There are also loads of road-overlapping tiles and drive through tiles, but those are for you to discover yourself ;-)
Almost ready for release (and yes it will go on Bananas then), just have to do a doublecheck on the graphics for obvious mistakes.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

Quast65 wrote:Well, a lot of work is almost finished.
Awesome ! :shock:
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Lots of very nice items. It will even save a few spots in my New Objects section as you have combined quite a few of my individual favorites into this one NewGrf. There are also a few objects in there that will help me get around the extra station creation problems my style of play entails. Great work. I will look forward to the release.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
FlameSing
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by FlameSing »

That's simply awesome! Brilliant work!!
Sorry for my awful English.

My modest screenies.
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

Quast65 wrote:Well, a lot of work is almost finished.
And it was well worth not putting a version on Bananas yet, the GRF has improved a lot and is not at all compatible anymore with the old one.
Some numbers: round about 930 objects that only use 76 object-ID's :D
Little tasters,
Land based tiles:
ISRDWE01.png
Water based tiles:
ISRDWE02.png
There are also loads of road-overlapping tiles and drive through tiles, but those are for you to discover yourself ;-)
Almost ready for release (and yes it will go on Bananas then), just have to do a doublecheck on the graphics for obvious mistakes.
Excellent, can't wait!
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Final teasers before release ;-)
ISRDWE03.png
ISRDWE03.png (87.55 KiB) Viewed 15601 times
ISRDWE04.png
ISRDWE04.png (53.66 KiB) Viewed 15601 times
ISRDWE05.png
ISRDWE05.png (55.75 KiB) Viewed 15601 times

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

The first part of the release:

ISR-style dock v1.3

The GRF that will change the normal dock into a dock that fits better into an industrial environment.
Recommended is to use this dock in combination with the ISR/DWE-style objects GRF, that has multiple dock overlapping tiles in it to make all kinds of different appearances of the dock.

No new features, but now with all the necessary stuff, so that it can be released under the GPLv2 license.
The GRF can also be found on the ingame content downloader (Bananas).

.zip with GRF, licence.txt and readme.txt:
ISRDock_v1_3.zip
(15.29 KiB) Downloaded 658 times
.nfo with code:
isrdock_v1_3.nfo
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
.pcx with graphics:
isrdock.pcx
(61.88 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
License:
- GPLv2

Credits:
- Developed and coded by Quast65
- Foundations of the dock made by SAC
- New and altered graphics by Quast65
- Original ISR-graphics by the developers of the ISR-set

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ISR/DWE style dock and objects, Version 1.0 released

Post by Quast65 »

And to celebrate post :twisted: 666 :twisted:, I proudly present:
ISR/DWE-style objects v1.0

As it is now completely uncompatible with any previous releases, I decided to rename the project and gave it a new GRF-ID.

The GRF can also be found on the ingame downloader (Bananas), but for license reasons the files:
.zip with the GRF, license.txt and readme.txt:
ISRDWE_objects_v1_0.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 693 times
.nfo with code:
ISRDWE_objects_v1_0.nfo
(272.24 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
.pcx with graphics:
isrobjects00.pcx
(4.7 MiB) Downloaded 397 times
To minimize the number of object-ID's, a lot of objects are under a single view.
You can get the different representations of the object by multiple placement of the object on the same spot. The sequence in which they appear is sadly random (not possible yet to have it in a numbered sequence), so you might need a couple of clicks until you get the tile you want ;-)
These objects are representated in the menu via miniviews inside the menu view itself.

License:
GPLv2

Credits:
- Developed and coded by Quast65
- New and altered graphics by Quast65
- Original foundations made by SAC
- Original ISR-graphics by the developers of the ISR-set
- Original DWE-graphics by the developers of the DWE-set
- Original trucks by the developers of the LRV-set
- Original ships by lead@inbox and the developers of the FISH-set
- Original tramtracks by Foobar
- Original OpenGFX-graphics by the developers of the OpenGFX-set
- Many thanks to Wallyweb for his help with parts of the code

Matching foundations can be found via this link: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p1005422

Enjoy!!!

jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Does this one also include your ISR dock?
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

No the dock is a seperate GRF, but it will be automatically downloaded with the objectGRF (on Bananas). You only have to place it in your active GRF list yourself.
I did this because the dock changing GRF has to be loaded last if you have any other GRF's that change the appearance of the dock (like FIRS).
And people who have their GRF list in an orderly fashion (ObjectGRF's with objectGRF's, stationGRF's with stationGRF's, etc), might get a problem if other dock changing GRF's are loaded after them. Like I do in my games ;-)

Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I tinkered a bit with the idea, and came up with an idea. Drive-through road stations can be used as waypoint, so long as they are set to "no unload" and "no load". Problem is, the vehicle stops for a second at them.

Most industries, especially nowadays, requires truckers to check in at the gates. I used the gate road overlay piece to disguise a road drive through stop. This is useful for routing trucks to specific parts of an industrial complex, and also simulates "check-in" when entering the complex.

The attached screenshot is not pretty, was taken as I started building and tinkering, but demonstrates the idea.
Attachments
isr truck gates.png
isr truck gates.png (53.87 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Without Trains America Stops

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Railwaymodeler wrote:I tinkered a bit with the idea, and came up with an idea. Drive-through road stations can be used as waypoint, so long as they are set to "no unload" and "no load". Problem is, the vehicle stops for a second at them.

Most industries, especially nowadays, requires truckers to check in at the gates. I used the gate road overlay piece to disguise a road drive through stop. This is useful for routing trucks to specific parts of an industrial complex, and also simulates "check-in" when entering the complex.

The attached screenshot is not pretty, was taken as I started building and tinkering, but demonstrates the idea.
Well, even better, In the go-to menu you can give the vehicle an order to go non-stop-via a roadstop. It won't even stop there anymore then (and you don't have to set orders like no(un)load anymore) ;-)

Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Quast65 wrote:
Railwaymodeler wrote:I tinkered a bit with the idea, and came up with an idea. Drive-through road stations can be used as waypoint, so long as they are set to "no unload" and "no load". Problem is, the vehicle stops for a second at them.

Well, even better, In the go-to menu you can give the vehicle an order to go non-stop-via a roadstop. It won't even stop there anymore then (and you don't have to set orders like no(un)load anymore) ;-)
Go figure. This morning I check again, and sure enough, there it was. I suppose the way I do it works for industrial areas, because it makes trucks stop briefly for paperwork/sign in/inspection, and then within the complex I set speed limits to 10-15 MPH.
Without Trains America Stops

Steijn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steijn »

Hi, I am using the dock with parameter 1 set to 4. When I build a dock, and make a nice quay of it with the eyecandy tiles, I notice a fine black line between the dock and the rest of the quay (see image attached). Intended or an error? Just for info when you plan to release a new version. ;)

PS: I like the set very much, it's incredibly versatile. :bow:
Attachments
Naamloos-3.png
Naamloos-3.png (13.31 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

I believe you are using the set in combination with the INFRA-foundations GRF, right?

Because that issue is caused by the way those foundations are drawn. On the sloped sides the foundations give little black dots to indicate the end of the slope, this is done to see the difference between hights, otherwise it would look like one big flat surface:
Example01.png
Example01.png (131.85 KiB) Viewed 14153 times
There is a way to go around that issue and that is by using the dock-overlapping tiles. They will overlap that black line.

There probably will not come a new version very soon, I'm rather busy with real life at the moment ;-)
And good to hear that you enjoy this GRF!

zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zgrillo2004 »

Im not sure how to use this addon. there isnt any documentation on where I can find the objects. Is it in the ship building panel?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

zgrillo2004 wrote:Im not sure how to use this addon. there isnt any documentation on where I can find the objects. Is it in the ship building panel?
New Objects are always found in the landscaping panel. Click on the radio tower button there.
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

How does this handle multiple vessels waiting for cargo on a single pier? Best would be an "anchorage" where vessels are waiting, and only one vessel per dock face alongside, also vessels should have preference of docks of specific types (oil tankers go to oil/pump pier, coal bulk carriers goes to coal pier, etc). I don't know if this is difficult to code?

Also, how the vessel moor up should be dependent on vessel type (side along, stern to quay, etc).
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

skippern wrote:How does this handle multiple vessels waiting for cargo on a single pier? Best would be an "anchorage" where vessels are waiting, and only one vessel per dock face alongside, also vessels should have preference of docks of specific types (oil tankers go to oil/pump pier, coal bulk carriers goes to coal pier, etc). I don't know if this is difficult to code?

Also, how the vessel moor up should be dependent on vessel type (side along, stern to quay, etc).
Much like your other post that I responded to, this isn't even close to possible through the existing NewGRF interface. The game itself (not just this grf) would need a lot of new code - it's not even possible to build more than one dock per station, let alone allocate ships to specific docks. :(
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.

Return to “Graphics Development”