issue with trains and level crossings

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

tmgould
Engineer
Engineer

issue with trains and level crossings

Post by tmgould »

Hello,

I've been playing TTD for years, and have enjoyed building my own transport empire.. but recently i've been tinkering with ttdpatch and the switches..

I've so how managed to set something so that all my trains slow to 25mph when approching a level crossing, - which is decreasing the profit of my trains quite a lot.

I've downloaded a fresh copy of ttdpatch, and ran my save game with the new created cfg file - this resolves the issue, but throws out all my other settings that i do want, and crashes the game.

does anybody know what flag i've set/changed that i shouldnt have? - I dont want to have to check every town and delete all the offending track pieces, as this will take me years (in real time not TTD time!!)

I've attached my cfg file if that helps..

thanks in advance..
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(18.84 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Last edited by planetmaker on 23 Jan 2013 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to correct section. TTDPatch != OpenTTD
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: issue with trains and level crossings

Post by Lakie »

It's down to an experimental feature, adding 'experimentalfeatures.slowcrossing off' under the 'experimentalfeatures on' line in ttdpatch.cfg should disable this behaviour.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
tmgould
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tmgould »

thanks for your reply:

I have the following 2 lines in my cfg now:

// `experimentalfeatures' (-XF) enables the latest experimental features.
experimentalfeatures on
experimentalfeatures.slowcrossing off

When the game starts: - i get the following message:

TTDPatch V2.0 rev 1 (Windows) starting.
Warning: Invalid cfg line 'experimentalfeatures.slowcrossing off'.
Press Escape to abort, or any other key to continue.

did I do it wrong?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Ah sorry, I didn't realize you were using such an old version of TTDPatch (evidently named bits aren't available). I believe changing the original line to this should work as desired. There is more information about experimental features on this page of the wiki.

Code: Select all

experimentalfeatures 126
I'd suggest taking a look at the 2.5 betas and 2.6 alphas, both of which are quite stable now.

Hope that helps
~Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”