SuS / Trains and Trucks Tycoon Reloaded

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

SuS / Trains and Trucks Tycoon Reloaded

Post by don_quijote »

Since i discovered this game last year i realised that this is the most realistic railgame ever released (unfortunately incomplete but realy good enough). So i worked ours an ours to replace the games horrible old original graphics with realistic and high definition graphs. Since now all waggons and most of the engines are replaced and the game comes in an absolute new look. If you never heard about this game, the gameplay is similar to Transport Tycoon. This graphic mod is not ready but you`re may interested in this stuff...so i ll give you some preview screenshots:
Attachments
ICE-Train DB AG
ICE-Train DB AG
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-06-03-72.jpg (294.09 KiB) Viewed 28305 times
new bridges
new bridges
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-06-39-06.jpg (272.24 KiB) Viewed 28305 times
great detail
great detail
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-22-22-34.jpg (330.89 KiB) Viewed 28305 times
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Re: SuS / Trains and Trucks Tycoon Reloaded

Post by don_quijote »

more pics ;)
Attachments
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-21-48-04.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-21-48-04.jpg (448.13 KiB) Viewed 28301 times
complete new terrain textures
complete new terrain textures
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-14-40-00.jpg (410.51 KiB) Viewed 28301 times
in detail
in detail
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-08-04-67.jpg (261.19 KiB) Viewed 28301 times
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

Wow Don Quijote! I really like those HD textures! Can you somehow share those textures so I can use them in my game? :bow:
I still play this game a lot and also made changes to some textures (not HD) and vehicle speed and availability (years) so they look more realistic.
I love this game! It's a shame it never got finished :cry:
Sometime ago I tried to contact the maker of the game but with no reply at all....
BTW, in this topic on the second post you can see a few screenshots I made some time ago :)
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=40825
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi,

good to hear from you. Seems that there is absolutely no community for this game in the web. Yes i can share these textures with you. I will bundle a pack an give you download link. I am a little bussy those days...so you have to wait a little bit. First of all i will give you some more impressions the nex days with screens an a video ;)

One Question: You got the vehicle editor to work with TTT? Because i wasnt able. How you did it and on which System? Would be very nice...for example to fix some grafic issues like that two passenger waggons have the same front bmp, although they have a differnt colour^^

By the way....it is planed to launch a website (in German) for this Game to present this grafic mod and to show modders and coders who ar interested in railway games the hugh modding abilities of this game. Webspace and .de domain are already purchased.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Your pictures have a lot of views. I'd say people are interested!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

don_quijote wrote:Hi,

good to hear from you. Seems that there is absolutely no community for this game in the web. Yes i can share these textures with you. I will bundle a pack an give you download link. I am a little bussy those days...so you have to wait a little bit. First of all i will give you some more impressions the nex days with screens an a video ;)

One Question: You got the vehicle editor to work with TTT? Because i wasnt able. How you did it and on which System? Would be very nice...for example to fix some grafic issues like that two passenger waggons have the same front bmp, although they have a differnt colour^^

By the way....it is planed to launch a website (in German) for this Game to present this grafic mod and to show modders and coders who ar interested in railway games the hugh modding abilities of this game. Webspace and .de domain are already purchased.
Can't wait to try out your textures but take your time! :)

Ahh....the vehicle editor. That one was hard to find out how to get it to work, but some time ago I posted a little step by step tutorial. Read this:

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL DATA.WDB FILE FIRST!!!

1. Unpack the Data.wdb file with the wdbentpacker program. This will create a DATA_WDB folder inside the DATA folder.
2. Copy the vehicle and building editor into the DATA_WDB folder. Also copy the repmaker program + the data.rif file into the DATA_WDB folder. You will need it to reconstruct a new customized data.wdb file.
3. Once you have the vehicle and building editor in the DATA_WDB folder, copy and paste the ADDONUK.LGD and the ADDONDE.LGD into de UI folder that is inside the DATA_WDB folder. Don't remove the files from the DATA_WDB root!
4. This is a thing I forgot to tell you. You need to copy and paste the 3 road(STRASSE) (straight, + junction and T juntion) textures and the 5 rail track(GLEIS or GLEISE) (straight, 2 closed junctions and 2 open junctions) textures from the GFX_HI to the GFX folder.
5. Start the vehicle editor and now you will see a piece of road and a piece of rail track. Congratz! It works!
6. Make the changes you want, save and use the repmaker program to create the new customized data.wdb file. Now cut the new created data.wdb file from the DATA_WDB folder into the DATA folder and overwrite the existing one.
7. Start the game and check your changes!

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL DATA.WDB FILE FIRST!!!

I hope it is clear enough. A new website where modders can share stuff would be great, but is there enough people doing it you think?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

TTgamer wrote:I hope it is clear enough. A new website where modders can share stuff would be great, but is there enough people doing it you think?
Only one way to find out but may I suggest to keep it in English? I think more people may find their way then (for me either is OK, I find my way in German too).
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

I think there will be a way to present it in english, too. of course with the help of somebody with more abilities in this speech than me ;) ...for translation. But we are not at this point at the moment. i will work on the website the next weeks and will work on spread this over the net with screenshots and videos. We will see if there are enough interested people to build a little modding community...but if not, it doesnt matter ;) Its hard to find, but in an archive service i found an old website where the programmer Peter Dobrovka write about the abilities of the powerfull game engine. Nearly everything is possible, what Railroad enthuisiats always dreamed for a PC-Game. And due to his comment it would be easy to mod the programcode for those who have knowledge in programming.
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

Well, I am a programmer in my daily life :) I already tried to contact Peter to somehow get his latest alpha version (version 8 I think) source code or at least the latest working alpha version of the game...but with no luck.
The game Ubisoft released is apparently alpha version 4 of the game. The are two files in the game that contain the game engine...one for DirectX called TTT_DX.dll and one for OpenGL called TTT_GL.dll.
Those are the most important files, but those files are compiled code so it is not possible to make any changes to it unless you can decompile them totally. I tried to decompile the code but I only manage to decompile some portions of the code and it was not possible to make changes. I think the game engine is writen in delphi but I am not totally sure. Hopefully we can manage to contact Peter somehow....
You tried to get the vehicle editor working using my tutorial?
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi TTGamer,

the last livesigns from Peter in the net i found in an german forum from Kalypso: http://www.forum.kalypsomedia.de/showth ... p?tid=1560

He stated there that he will give the source code open, if there are interested modders and declares that he give the whole project free as open source....like it was started from his former internetteam WAY-X.

There was an old Site: http://www.3dtt.co.cc

Although this page does not exist anymore i found it archived by google: https://sites.google.com/a/3dtt.co.cc/3dtt/home

Most of the links and downloads are still working...even the old way-x site: http://web.archive.org/web/200706160609 ... -game.org/
There is even an old address, maybe a good old letter is usefull. Or maybe other former team members of way-X can help to contact, if their emailaccounts are still alive: https://sites.google.com/a/3dtt.co.cc/3 ... way-x/team

no i didnt try it with the vehicle editor until now, because lack of time...but i will try it soon ;)
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

....and yes the code is written in delphi...i have the 3DTT Alpha 6.2.

(by the way: there is anothe post from me, but is waiting for admin permission;)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

don_quijote wrote:(by the way: there is anothe post from me, but is waiting for admin permission;)
That sometimes happens but I'm getting a bit fed up with it now: the software seems to do it at random now.

Anyhow, it will be nice if a dedicated group of interested people can obtain said 3dTT (SuS) code.
TTgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTgamer »

Ah yes...I know 3dtt.co.cc. That one was made by an german guy who was active on this forum some time ago. He suddenly stopped with it.
The other sites I already read all of them and I tried all Peters mail addresses I found on them. Maybe mailing to some team member is a good idea yes :)
Sorry, in my last post I was talking about alpha but I meant Beta versions. So the one Ubisoft released was based of Beta 4 but I heard that Peter latest version
was Beta 8.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

From what I've read (several years back), this guys partner took the code, sold it to Ubisoft who then did a big eff you to Peter and released it anyway. Peter was involved in quite the court battle as to who owned the rights and code. Something along those lines anyway. It's all here on the forum I believe. Anyway, that might impede your efforts to get a later version if Peter cannot legally distribute it (I am not sure how said court case went, but pessimistically, generally big game companies just throw money around until they win, no matter how immoral and no matter how shaky their case)
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Yea...i read A LOT about these circumstances. After he was fired by VX-Software he was working further on 3DTT but gave up when he realised that he will not make it without financial backup from a company. Anyhow finally he wins the trial in 2009, where it was said that the game TTT/SuS published by Ubisoft is a beta version of his game and he is the legal owner of this program and the code. Nevertheless the code contains codesegements from VX-Software, so he startet to cleanup the code because he was afraid of become indicted for himself, if he would publish a version with code segmets of VX-Software/Ubisoft.

But we dont want du publish here anything of VX-Software and when a court said that Peter is the legal owner of this game then of course he is allowed to give the source-code of it to anyone he want. We just need access, the rest can be done by a willing community ;)
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

As i promissed here are some new screens of my grafic retexture mod. hope you like it ;)
Attachments
one of my best works. high detailed...look at the collectors on the top of the engine.
one of my best works. high detailed...look at the collectors on the top of the engine.
TTT_GL 2013-01-17 19-03-33-45.jpg (278.77 KiB) Viewed 27991 times
this is how german inter city trains looks in the 80s
this is how german inter city trains looks in the 80s
TTT_GL 2013-01-17 19-05-25-07.jpg (306.3 KiB) Viewed 27991 times
locomotives are very hard to retexture
locomotives are very hard to retexture
TTT_GL 2013-01-20 17-34-06-75.jpg (304.61 KiB) Viewed 27991 times
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Aaaaaaaand more!
Attachments
detailed texures
detailed texures
TTT_GL 2013-01-20 17-48-41-64.jpg (284.15 KiB) Viewed 27989 times
also new water...not perfect because of the odd tile-system...but much better than the originals ;)
also new water...not perfect because of the odd tile-system...but much better than the originals ;)
TTT_GL 2013-01-20 17-49-18-80.jpg (281.69 KiB) Viewed 27989 times
express train with german streamline locomotive
express train with german streamline locomotive
TTT_GL 2013-01-20 17-52-54-36.jpg (360.31 KiB) Viewed 27989 times
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

OK...just thre more ;)
Attachments
big Station
big Station
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 20-37-38-90.jpg (279.16 KiB) Viewed 27989 times
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-20-09-50.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-20-09-50.jpg (359.91 KiB) Viewed 27989 times
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-07-17-62.jpg
TTT_GL 2013-01-12 19-07-17-62.jpg (248.23 KiB) Viewed 27989 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Really looking good!
NinoRivera
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NinoRivera »

Muy buen trabajo Don Quijote.
Very goob job. Don Quijote.

The textures look great. And we expect the project to finish soon.

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”