TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December Voting

Post by SwissFan91 »

Voting for December has shut.

The winners, with 16 votes, is...
Purno december.png
Purno december.png (134.37 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
Purno

Congratulations! The other results are as follows:

12 - wallyweb
5 - oztrans
4 - Class165
4 - quast65
3 - Emperor Jake
1 - CPR1983
1 - A321 Pilot
0 - ISA
0 - Valle
0 - zooks

The January competition is now open. The theme is Congestion.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - January Entries

Post by SwissFan91 »

As a guide for your January theme - here is Congestion in the winner's own words:
Purno wrote:Congestion; when the infrastructure isn't able to handle the large amount of traffic. Be it several lanes of cars slowly moving along a highway, a number of trains waiting for a free platform at the station, ships waiting for a place in the locks, or airplanes circling the airport for a free runway: Too much traffic for too little infrastructure.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Told ya voting on my screenshot would have serious consequences. Time to create your own traffic jams, be it with cars, trains, planes, boats or whatever else you can think of :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Thank you to the people who voted for me :) , loads of good entries this month. Think that I may actually have a screenshot for this month from my current game.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SwissFan91 wrote:As a guide for your January theme - here is Congestion in the winner's own words:
Purno wrote:Congestion; when the infrastructure isn't able to handle the large amount of traffic. Be it several lanes of cars slowly moving along a highway, a number of trains waiting for a free platform at the station, ships waiting for a place in the locks, or airplanes circling the airport for a free runway: Too much traffic for too little infrastructure.
What about Nasal Congestion? Does a screenshot of a sneeze count? :mrgreen:

Congratulations to Purno and a warm thank you to all who voted for my submission. :D
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Class 165 wrote:Think that I may actually have a screenshot for this month from my current game.
I wish I had a single save with no screenshot possibility for "congestion" ... :lol:
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Congratulations to Purno! Congestion? I'm in! :twisted:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

wallyweb wrote:What about Nasal Congestion? Does a screenshot of a sneeze count? :mrgreen:
If you can visualize that with a transport tycoon screenshot, sure, go ahead. I'll be looking forward seeing your creativity. (You can't back out now, you know :P )
wallyweb wrote:Congratulations to Purno
Valle wrote:Congratulations to Purno!
Thanks, I totally did not expect to win. It surprised me I was suddenly tops in the polls.
Valle wrote:Congestion? I'm in! :twisted:
I'm glad you like it. That's what you get for voting on a traffic jam screenshot :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Purno wrote:
wallyweb wrote: ... sneeze ...
If you can visualize that with a transport tycoon screenshot, sure, go ahead. I'll be looking forward seeing your creativity. (You can't back out now, you know :P )
Imagine driving down the highway at 150 km/hr when you suddenly have the biggest sneeze of your life ... All of a sudden the congestion is not only in your nose, it's also all those cars behind you jamming on their brakes! :mrgreen:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

wallyweb wrote:
Purno wrote:
wallyweb wrote: ... sneeze ...
Imagine driving down the highway at 150 km/hr when you suddenly have the biggest sneeze of your life ... All of a sudden the congestion is not only in your nose, it's also all those cars behind you jamming on their brakes! :mrgreen:
I hoped for a bit more creativity than just an ordinary traffic jam with a nice story to go with it :P

I hoped you'd create a GRF with pink bodytiles landscape, a nose railset, and sneeze rail vehicles to show a clear congestion. :mrgreen:
Image Image
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

SwissFan91 wrote:As a guide for your January theme - here is Congestion in the winner's own words:
YAAY !
Greetings from the place with (probably) most congested traffic in the world !
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Glad you like the theme. I considered it an appropiate theme considering a traffic jam shot won the Christmas themed competition :P
Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Purno wrote: ... sneeze rail vehicles to show a clear congestion. :mrgreen:
Hopper cars or tank cars? :mrgreen:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

wallyweb wrote:
Purno wrote: ... sneeze rail vehicles to show a clear congestion. :mrgreen:
Hopper cars or tank cars? :mrgreen:
Depends on the viscosity of your sneeze stuff :mrgreen:
Image Image
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory, Purno :D .
Interesting theme chosen for the next screenshot of the month! Traffic jams are characteristic of the weight of the largest cities in any country of the world.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thanks for all the congratulations.

Choosing the theme 'congestion' made sense considering the Christmas shot of a traffic jam was popular :mrgreen:
Image Image
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

January SOTM has now shut. Voting is now open. Here are the screenshots for Congestion:

Emperor Jake
Emperor Jake.png
Emperor Jake.png (515.89 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
Katve
katve.png
katve.png (688.51 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
OzTrans
The Calgary Rail Junction was once very heavily congested, after a complete redesign, it is nowadays with its 3 levels just a very busy place ...
The Calgary Rail Junction was once very heavily congested, after a complete redesign, it is nowadays with its 3 levels just a very busy place ...
Oztrans.png (141.69 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Purno
A train broke down on the level crossing in Weisstal, congesting both the railway line and the main road through the valley. As if that weren't bad enough, a ship is blocking the river, and an airplane can't depart because airport staff is stuck in traffic
A train broke down on the level crossing in Weisstal, congesting both the railway line and the main road through the valley. As if that weren't bad enough, a ship is blocking the river, and an airplane can't depart because airport staff is stuck in traffic
Purno.png (152.81 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Quast65
Quast65.png
Quast65.png (353.8 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Valle
Running late for work during Monday morning rush hour, a tired Fiat Punto driver thought it was a smart idea to pass a tractor while going across a level crossing. Unfortunately, though, he ended up hitting an oncoming Punto, getting both cars stuck on the north-westbound track of the main line they crossed. While the drivers were able to free themselves from the wrecks of their cars in time, the Austrian EuroCity passing through the area only half a minute later at 160 km/h had no choice - despite a panic braking manoeuvre, it knocked both cars off the level crossing and came to a screeching halt just as its last car cleared the level crossing. While no further physical injuries were reported, this huge mess was the last thing the rush hour traffic was looking for. Emergency services quickly arrived and locked down the level crossing in its entirety, completely disrupting rail and road traffic. The closure of the only highway access into the town (which happens to be the workplace of a lot of commuters in the area) proved to be a disaster: within minutes, a massive jam formed and eventually extended all the way onto the highway (which is close to its peak capacity anyway at this time of day) including the nearby highway junction.
Running late for work during Monday morning rush hour, a tired Fiat Punto driver thought it was a smart idea to pass a tractor while going across a level crossing. Unfortunately, though, he ended up hitting an oncoming Punto, getting both cars stuck on the north-westbound track of the main line they crossed. While the drivers were able to free themselves from the wrecks of their cars in time, the Austrian EuroCity passing through the area only half a minute later at 160 km/h had no choice - despite a panic braking manoeuvre, it knocked both cars off the level crossing and came to a screeching halt just as its last car cleared the level crossing. While no further physical injuries were reported, this huge mess was the last thing the rush hour traffic was looking for. Emergency services quickly arrived and locked down the level crossing in its entirety, completely disrupting rail and road traffic. The closure of the only highway access into the town (which happens to be the workplace of a lot of commuters in the area) proved to be a disaster: within minutes, a massive jam formed and eventually extended all the way onto the highway (which is close to its peak capacity anyway at this time of day) including the nearby highway junction.
Valle.png (453.67 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Pingaware
Director
Director

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - January Voting

Post by Pingaware »

This is the first time I haven't been able to make a reasonably quick choice. The congestion theme has produced some really beautiful eyecandy-filled realistic shots. Well done everyone, and good choice Purno!
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - January Voting

Post by Pyoro »

I also like the little stories ;)

btw, Quast's shot doesn't have any tram tracks, are you sure it's really his?

Return to “Screenshots”