Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1438 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Voting for December has shut.

The winners, with 16 votes, is...

Attachment:
Purno december.png
Purno december.png [ 134.37 KiB | Viewed 1515 times ]

Purno

Congratulations! The other results are as follows:

12 - wallyweb
5 - oztrans
4 - Class165
4 - quast65
3 - Emperor Jake
1 - CPR1983
1 - A321 Pilot
0 - ISA
0 - Valle
0 - zooks

The January competition is now open. The theme is Congestion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:34 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

As a guide for your January theme - here is Congestion in the winner's own words:

Purno wrote:
Congestion; when the infrastructure isn't able to handle the large amount of traffic. Be it several lanes of cars slowly moving along a highway, a number of trains waiting for a free platform at the station, ships waiting for a place in the locks, or airplanes circling the airport for a free runway: Too much traffic for too little infrastructure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Told ya voting on my screenshot would have serious consequences. Time to create your own traffic jams, be it with cars, trains, planes, boats or whatever else you can think of :mrgreen:

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thank you to the people who voted for me :) , loads of good entries this month. Think that I may actually have a screenshot for this month from my current game.

Formerly Class 165

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

SwissFan91 wrote:
As a guide for your January theme - here is Congestion in the winner's own words:

Purno wrote:
Congestion; when the infrastructure isn't able to handle the large amount of traffic. Be it several lanes of cars slowly moving along a highway, a number of trains waiting for a free platform at the station, ships waiting for a place in the locks, or airplanes circling the airport for a free runway: Too much traffic for too little infrastructure.
What about Nasal Congestion? Does a screenshot of a sneeze count? :mrgreen:

Congratulations to Purno and a warm thank you to all who voted for my submission. :D

Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018 - December 2018

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:35 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Class 165 wrote:
Think that I may actually have a screenshot for this month from my current game.

I wish I had a single save with no screenshot possibility for "congestion" ... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Congratulations to Purno! Congestion? I'm in! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

wallyweb wrote:
What about Nasal Congestion? Does a screenshot of a sneeze count? :mrgreen:

If you can visualize that with a transport tycoon screenshot, sure, go ahead. I'll be looking forward seeing your creativity. (You can't back out now, you know :P )

wallyweb wrote:
Congratulations to Purno

Valle wrote:
Congratulations to Purno!

Thanks, I totally did not expect to win. It surprised me I was suddenly tops in the polls.

Valle wrote:
Congestion? I'm in! :twisted:

I'm glad you like it. That's what you get for voting on a traffic jam screenshot :mrgreen:

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Purno wrote:
wallyweb wrote:
... sneeze ...
If you can visualize that with a transport tycoon screenshot, sure, go ahead. I'll be looking forward seeing your creativity. (You can't back out now, you know :P )
Imagine driving down the highway at 150 km/hr when you suddenly have the biggest sneeze of your life ... All of a sudden the congestion is not only in your nose, it's also all those cars behind you jamming on their brakes! :mrgreen:

Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018 - December 2018

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:21 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

wallyweb wrote:
Purno wrote:
wallyweb wrote:
... sneeze ...
Imagine driving down the highway at 150 km/hr when you suddenly have the biggest sneeze of your life ... All of a sudden the congestion is not only in your nose, it's also all those cars behind you jamming on their brakes! :mrgreen:

I hoped for a bit more creativity than just an ordinary traffic jam with a nice story to go with it :P

I hoped you'd create a GRF with pink bodytiles landscape, a nose railset, and sneeze rail vehicles to show a clear congestion. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

SwissFan91 wrote:

Purno wrote:

YAAY !
Greetings from the place with (probably) most congested traffic in the world !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Glad you like the theme. I considered it an appropiate theme considering a traffic jam shot won the Christmas themed competition :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Purno wrote:
... sneeze rail vehicles to show a clear congestion. :mrgreen:
Hopper cars or tank cars? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

wallyweb wrote:
Purno wrote:
... sneeze rail vehicles to show a clear congestion. :mrgreen:
Hopper cars or tank cars? :mrgreen:

Depends on the viscosity of your sneeze stuff :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I congratulate with the victory, Purno :D .
Interesting theme chosen for the next screenshot of the month! Traffic jams are characteristic of the weight of the largest cities in any country of the world.

My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks for all the congratulations.

Choosing the theme 'congestion' made sense considering the Christmas shot of a traffic jam was popular :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

January SOTM has now shut. Voting is now open. Here are the screenshots for Congestion:

Emperor Jake
Attachment:
Emperor Jake.png
Emperor Jake.png [ 515.89 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

Katve
Attachment:
katve.png
katve.png [ 688.51 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

OzTrans
Attachment:
File comment: The Calgary Rail Junction was once very heavily congested, after a complete redesign, it is nowadays with its 3 levels just a very busy place ...
Oztrans.png
Oztrans.png [ 141.69 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:52 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Purno
Attachment:
File comment: A train broke down on the level crossing in Weisstal, congesting both the railway line and the main road through the valley. As if that weren't bad enough, a ship is blocking the river, and an airplane can't depart because airport staff is stuck in traffic
Purno.png
Purno.png [ 152.81 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

Quast65
Attachment:
Quast65.png
Quast65.png [ 353.8 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

Valle
Attachment:
File comment: Running late for work during Monday morning rush hour, a tired Fiat Punto driver thought it was a smart idea to pass a tractor while going across a level crossing. Unfortunately, though, he ended up hitting an oncoming Punto, getting both cars stuck on the north-westbound track of the main line they crossed. While the drivers were able to free themselves from the wrecks of their cars in time, the Austrian EuroCity passing through the area only half a minute later at 160 km/h had no choice - despite a panic braking manoeuvre, it knocked both cars off the level crossing and came to a screeching halt just as its last car cleared the level crossing. While no further physical injuries were reported, this huge mess was the last thing the rush hour traffic was looking for. Emergency services quickly arrived and locked down the level crossing in its entirety, completely disrupting rail and road traffic. The closure of the only highway access into the town (which happens to be the workplace of a lot of commuters in the area) proved to be a disaster: within minutes, a massive jam formed and eventually extended all the way onto the highway (which is close to its peak capacity anyway at this time of day) including the nearby highway junction.
Valle.png
Valle.png [ 453.67 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:39 am 
Director
Director

This is the first time I haven't been able to make a reasonably quick choice. The congestion theme has produced some really beautiful eyecandy-filled realistic shots. Well done everyone, and good choice Purno!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I also like the little stories ;)

btw, Quast's shot doesn't have any tram tracks, are you sure it's really his?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1438 Next