the advantages if this game?

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
gogo214
Engineer
Engineer

the advantages if this game?

Post by gogo214 »

I am kinda tired of playing ottd could you tell me why I should play this rather than ottd?
What are the advantages over ottd.
Thanx
Dwachs
Engineer
Engineer

Re: the advantages if this game?

Post by Dwachs »

Imho advantages of simutrans over ottd are:

-- Passengers and goods have destinations: Passengers will only travel with your transport company if you provide a service to the destinations they want to go.
-- Real underground networks possible. Elevated ways as well.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: the advantages if this game?

Post by YNM »

gogo214 wrote:I am kinda tired of playing ottd could you tell me why I should play this rather than ottd?
What are the advantages over ottd.
Thanx
Maybe you downloaded a lot less of NewGRF ? :mrgreen:
Well, I've been a player to both, my thinking of advantage is :
- NO LOAN LIMIT ! (even with a very negative value, you can always ignore the message... and hold steady for around some month...)
- Highly customizable economic factor (starting money, no. of cities with a custom population median (mean ?) , custom no. of industries, industry crosslink, tourist attraction, etc...)
- Highly customizable network (custom airport, docks, station, road stops); NOTE : a bit unrealistic, for junctions, signal, and diagonal (visible vertical/horizontal) networks, unluckily :(
- Shared infrastructure
- Public Service - this allowed you to make a public stop/station, and sharing it with other.
- More than 1 human player, even in offline mode (allows you to make rather realistic company division)
- Elevated ways and custom tunnel
- A lot more... (electricity, etc.)

But as well, the game lacks some feature OTTD has :
- Stiff route and path (new path are calculated once a vehicle stated to gone lost, but this mainly cause no real thing happened)
- Less realistic graphics (already quite realistic, but some shows plasticity)
- Lesser amount of signaltype
- Passenger (and cargo) had a specific destionations, even before your service start (and your company), and so a lot harder to make profit
- Not every industry can send its product to a receiver - only linked industry can (so start to see the description)
- Harder to make addon graphics (maybe easier to make a single .pak file compared to make a single .grf file - but most don't do this)
- A lot more... ( :( )
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “Simutrans”