Introduction topic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Introduction topic

Post by orudge »

Please don't reply to spammers, even spammers that politely introduce themselves in the Introduction topic!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

orudge wrote:Please don't reply to spammers, even spammers that politely introduce themselves in the Introduction topic!
I didn't even realise, sorry :oops:
James Coote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by James Coote »

Hi,

I'm James, 25 year old indie games developer from London. I'm actually working on a game that takes a lot of inspiration from Tansport Tycoon, but that's another story

I bought the original Transport Tycoon (the one with the martian theme) way back in the day. I must have been about 12 and thought the version in the old style box looked cooler than a cling-film-wrapped TTDX CD. Anyway, a few years later I bought TTDX as well because I misplaced the original CD :P

Since then, I've come back to transport tycoon numerous times (big thanks to the guys who work on OpenTTD). It's always been nice to be able to get the game from anywhere on any computer over the internet for free and on demand. When I was backpacking round Asia after my gap year, I decided mid way through I needed a netbook, but of course having no games CD's with me, all I could install and play was transport tycoon! So transport tycoon has been played even at the top of Himalayan mountain passes and in the depths of the Siberian forests

I also played a bunch of the other old school business sim games (rollercoaster tycoon, railroad tycoon 2 & 3, theme hospital and A-Train!), and I'm on a bit of a mission to find online communities (forums, blogs etc) that still play and discuss and maybe even develop these sorts of games as the genre seems to have died a bit of a sad, lonely death when it comes to mainstream games development
donchatryit
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by donchatryit »

Hi,
I'm Donchatryit, a 28 yr old, married PhD student in conference interpreting & a new dad. Been playing tt since ttdx was still fairly new. Oddly enough, I really enjoy Toyland maps and if I had any time, I'd want to create some more vehicles for them.
oxyk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oxyk »

howdy,
i'm oxyk from ukraine. english is not my native language so don't expect me to have proper grammar, i'll never do that ) according to lection on culture, only kids under 6 years can learn language as their native if they use it actively at that time. that's not my case, i have studied german in school and learned english by myself.
I play openttd when i need to think and find a solution for my work assignment. I hate sitting and starring at the blank screen, managing vehicles helps to organize my real projects and to have fun at the same time ) also it's a great relief to stomp AIs vehicles with train at the end of the long day ) basically what i like in this game is the ability to play tricks on AIs, therefore i keep only highly competitive AIs to have fun.
fredbull
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fredbull »

Hi all,after years playing ttd,than openttd,i finally decided to subscribe here on the forum to share my experience.
What do i mean?
Well,my real world experience:i am a truckdriver in my own company.

Some more things about me,as seen in my name,my name is frederic and i drink many,many many redbull thats why i am called fredbull :mrgreen:
I m 33 and i am not far from beeing born in a truck,cos my father was truck driver too.

i ve played many transport simulations but i allways return to openttd,but mostly offline in my truck cos at home i am more busy on simracing,my other passion after transport.

I hope my future suggestions well be helpfull :wink:
sss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sss »

SSS reporting! been addicted to openttd, but now im bored of it. :?
Maybe, just maybe, someday ill get back into it.
michiyl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by michiyl »

Hi, this is michiyl. :D
I think you can all see what my real name is (it's Michael, for those who don't see it), so I skip that part (or not) and let you know that I've been playing Transport Tycoon and TT Deluxe since the age of (at least) 10. I'm 24 now, so my companies do a bit better than in these days. :wink:

A few years ago I found out about OpenTTD, and whenever I play it I am so glad that there were people more skilled than me to expand such a great gaming experience even further! So, thanks for all the countless hours programming and figuring out how-to :D

Well, if there's anything else you wanna know - let me know ^^
Image ImageAnimation 2 :: part 2 / 5 finished :: current task: planning part 3 ~2%
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Welcome you have just met the nicest person on the forums. Have a pleasant stay.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
AxelP14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AxelP14 »

Hello, my real name is Axel Putra, 9th grade, live in Indonesia.
My favourite games are RCT1, RCT2, Loco (I call it CSL), Zoo Tycoon (ZTCC) and F1C.
I'm just start play RCT1 with all expansion packs from July 2011, having previously completed the original scenarios three times around 2007,08,09.
Played RCT2 since Jan 2009, both expansion packs follows within a year. Played CSL since August 2011, now I have completed 43/45 default(deafult?) scenarios.
(Please don't make me bad). RCT1, 2, and CSL all downloaded from the defunct megaupload.com.
Named RCT1AACFLLPortable and RCT2WWTTPortable. Now my RCT2 is broken, I not played it since February.
RaginBonaFide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RaginBonaFide »

Hello, I'm a newcomer to this here OTTD and to the Transport Tycoon gameplay in general but I'm really enjoying it so far. I've played and loved RCT and RCT2 in the past and naturally came across OTTD when looking at trying out TT.

I'm an Australian artist/animator of sorts.
ATWalex101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ATWalex101 »

Hi my names Alex I'm 13 years old with a great railway and transport knowledge. I also belong to RailUk forums. I hope one day to become forum staff of either forums in the upcoming years!
RailwayMike
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwayMike »

Hello! I'm Mike, a medical student using every spare moment to try and get better at OpenTTD. Look forward to learning a lot and having some good discussions here.

Cheers
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Wishing that I would have found this topic earlier, I post now.

Hi, my name is Nick Keriazakos, I'm 16 from the United States, known as LocoRoller or LocoRoller725 to the few web users who have seen me on other websites. I've been a member of these forums for a number of months and originally joined for help on Locomotion. Now I find myself helping with any problems that I know the solutions to. After being a member for this long, I hope to enjoy an extended stay.

A big welcome to all other new members!
Jake Grey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jake Grey »

Hi, I'm Jake. I'm 26, an unemployed PC repair technician from Northamptonshire and a hopeless trainspotter. I joined a while back but never got around to actually posting on account of real life getting complicated. Only recently got back into OpenTTD, but I've dug out the scenario I spent several months fine-tuning and uploaded it.
coop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by coop »

Heya! I was led towards OpenTTD about a year or so ago by a couple of forum members, and have been hooked ever since.

I actually work on the UK's real railway as a signaller, so I have no idea how OpenTTDs signals work ;-)

See you all around!
maanlicht
Engineer
Engineer

Hello to all

Post by maanlicht »

I only found this forum yesterday and WOW - You guys are gr8 - thankyou for letting me join.

I have always enjoyed playing tycoon style games and I now believe I have found the best one of all. Yippee gonna enjoy myself now lol

I hope as time goes by that I can be an active member of the forum.

But 1st I need to explore the game and all the options

Thanks again for creating this community.

Maanlicht

PS I may have a dutch name but I am English ..... long story lol
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hello to all

Post by Hyronymus »

maanlicht wrote:I only found this forum yesterday and WOW - You guys are gr8 - thankyou for letting me join.

I have always enjoyed playing tycoon style games and I now believe I have found the best one of all. Yippee gonna enjoy myself now lol

I hope as time goes by that I can be an active member of the forum.

But 1st I need to explore the game and all the options

Thanks again for creating this community.

Maanlicht

PS I may have a dutch name but I am English ..... long story lol
Welcome and enjoy the forum!
Zwyx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zwyx »

Hi, I'm Zwyx (as you can see). I'm 16 years old and I'm Brazillian.

I love Chris Sawyer's games. When I was a little kid I used to spend all the day playing Roller Coaster Tycoon. It was awesome! I have an original RCT2, which I bought not many time ago, a Locomotion, which I have since it was released and a RCT3, which I bought when it was released too. RCT3 is not really a Chris Sawyer game, but it's worth mentioning. The RCT1 I had was, unfortunately, a pirate copy and I lost it years ago.
Warrender
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Warrender »

Joined up ages ago and never wrote an introduction.

Right, well I'm 29, started out on deluxe before buying locomotion. Original copy then stolen by a so called friend but considering the price of it nowadays I just bought another copy a year later. Love the game, freely admit I'm not the greatest player, but I more play for fun so competitors in my way are even more frustrating :D

I'm a steam enthusiast in RL so I tend to try and keep my steam engines for as long as possible. I'm sure there's an option somewhere that stops trains expiring, though I think thats only if you create your own scenario.

Well thats me.

Return to “Off-Topic”