[HEIGHTMAP] Alpha Centauri - Chiron

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

[HEIGHTMAP] Alpha Centauri - Chiron

Post by Gremnon »

No, not the real thing. I wish we *did* have some heightmap data for it.
This heightmap is is based on the map of Planet from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. For those who have the game, it's the map with the filename 'planetx.mp', and since I don't have the expansion it doesn't have any differences in the updated map it has.
I've made this through greyscaling an image of the map of Planet and editing it in gimp to improve it a little.

You'll recognize or at least be able to pick out the Freshwater Sea, Sunny Mesa, Garland Crater, Mount Planet (sort of) and Monsoon Jungle (which due to issues with the source image had to be edited into a considerably flatter region).
Obviously those names will kinda only mean something to people who've played the game.
I have however removed a few things - the ice caps, and a few small islands that crossed the edge of the map on either side.

It isn't perfect, I'll grant, but it's at the stage I'm ready to put it up for all to see and play. Don't just colonize Chiron, built the planet's transportation system too!
Available on the fruit store shortly now.
Enjoy.
Attachments
Heightmap - right-click and save as
Heightmap - right-click and save as
chiron-v1.png (111.95 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
screenshot.png
Screenshot of the result in the Scenario editor
(43.88 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Flygon
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [HEIGHTMAP] Alpha Centauri - Chiron

Post by Flygon »

All we need now is a fungal bloom disaster event! And let's not forget the Mind Worms eating apart the railroad tracks mercilessly! :wink:
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Would look even better in the Mars terrain set I bet :) I am a big Alpha Centauri fan (I have the tech tree that came with the game on my wall next to my PC)
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Well on George's website you can get the Toyland to Mars conversion, which afaik is about as close as we can get unless someone makes Mars terrain for other climates. It doesn't look too bad with that grf loaded, but I don't like playing in Toyland myself.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Gremnon wrote:Well on George's website you can get the Toyland to Mars conversion, which afaik is about as close as we can get unless someone makes Mars terrain for other climates. It doesn't look too bad with that grf loaded, but I don't like playing in Toyland myself.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62699 ?
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Hadn't seen that. Will definitely be an interesting combination once that reaches a playable state.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”