West Norway heightmap

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Hirogen2
Engineer
Engineer

West Norway heightmap

Post by Hirogen2 »

The built-in terrain generator in Mountaneous/VeryRough setting comes close, but is not coded to have fjord-like structures. So here is a West Norway heightmap (2048×2048) made from Public Domain USGS data, and placed into the BaNaNaS system.

The heightmap encompasses the niveaus 0-1500m, linearly distributed onto the 15 height levels of OpenTTD. So, the height will be clipped in the east, giving the player a bit of flat space to toy with as well. Note that the value of industry_platform tunable (“Flat area around industries”) should be low: It seems the industry generator will not touch the heightmap to achieve the desired flat area, but rather relocate an industry until it fits, leading to an absurd placement of all industries on the right half of the map with industry_platform=4.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: West Norway heightmap

Post by JamieLei »

This looks really interesting! I was thinking today of doing a hilly yet realistic scenario with passenger trains
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Oh, this is nice. I'm going to give this a go. I'm thinking it would fit better in the arctic climate too, with the hills and snow etc.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Chrill wrote:Oh, this is nice. I'm going to give this a go. I'm thinking it would fit better in the arctic climate too, with the hills and snow etc.
You should wait a while.. some pistes might be coming soon. :o
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”