"please acquire a graphics set for OpenTTD"

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

natallia
Engineer
Engineer

"please acquire a graphics set for OpenTTD"

Post by natallia »

hello everyone! I hope someone can help me here. I just downloaded ttd for my Mac but when I try to open it it gives me an error message:
"Failed to find a graphics set. PLease aquire a graphics set for Open TTD." Can someone tell me what to do now? I was so excited to find TTD for Mac - I love this game, but I don't know much about computers and was hoping there will someone here to help me. Thank you so much! :)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: "please acquire a graphics set for OpenTTD"

Post by planetmaker »

You download OpenGFX and extract that zip into the folder ~/Documents/OpenTTD/baseset (create that folder if it doesn't exist)
That is also explained in the readme which you have gotten within the zip you downloaded.
If you know how to programme, help with getting the automatic download of the graphics set on a mac like on linux or windows (e.g. by supplying a patch) is appreciated.
natallia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natallia »

thank you so much - I will try right now!
natallia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natallia »

it worked! :) I had to create a folder and transfer the zip file there - thank you so much! the only problem is that I don't have any sound - when the game window opened there was a little red window which said something like I need to download the sound from somewhere. Could you pls. point me in the right direction how to get the sound work? thank you again!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

natallia wrote:it worked! :) I had to create a folder and transfer the zip file there - thank you so much! the only problem is that I don't have any sound - when the game window opened there was a little red window which said something like I need to download the sound from somewhere. Could you pls. point me in the right direction how to get the sound work? thank you again!
Now that the game starts, use the online content from the main menu to obtain sound and music set(s). And if you like also AIs, game scripts and / or NewGRFs to modify the game. You change sound and music sets in the game options accessible from the main menu.
natallia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natallia »

omg - it totally worked! thank you! xoxox
Jaest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jaest »

Thank you very much!

My girlfriend is out,..im bored and I only have a Mac at hand.
And I havent used a Mac in ages.... so had to find a way to make it run.
And damn! It worked!

Thanks for making the past present! Love this game!

Windows version works like a charm too!!

Thanks!
Greetings from Amsterdam!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”