Multiple trains in the same tunnel in OpenTTD?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

nordemoniac
Engineer
Engineer

Multiple trains in the same tunnel in OpenTTD?

Post by nordemoniac »

Hi!
Is it/will it be possible to run two trains on the same track in a tunnel or on a bridge?
I know the problem with lack of signals in a tunnel, but it should be possible to f.ex. set a signal on a tunnel entry, and make the signal be repeated every 3-4 tile out through the tunnel. The same goes for bridges.

Does a patch/mod exist that can do this? It would be great to have this possibility on my game, where there's a lot of islands, and I have bridges connecting the islands together.
Last edited by nordemoniac on 14 Sep 2012 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Multiple trains in the same tunnel in OpenTTD??

Post by YNM »

Next time, use the SEARCH FUNCTION first before make a topic / request. oh hell, I hate the fact that OTTD now have soo many users and the forums is crowded

here is it : [color=#000000]http://www.tt-forums.net ... ch[/color] Oh, if he can see it...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
nordemoniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nordemoniac »

I'm sorry, but where does it mention that you can have several trains in the same tunnel?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

nordemoniac wrote:I'm sorry, but where does it mention that you can have several trains in the same tunnel?
Nowhere. In his excitement about "do please search" and trying hard to avoid the impression of backseat moderation he failed to link the correct result ;-) Still, it's a valid request. There is somewhere a (hackish) patch which does exactly that, but you'll want to search for "signals on bridges" in the openttd development section

EDIT: added ""
Last edited by planetmaker on 11 Sep 2012 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

Yoursnotmine wrote:Next time, use the SEARCH FUNCTION first before make a topic / request. oh hell, I hate the fact that OTTD now have soo many users and the forums is crowded
here is it : [color=#000000]http://www.tt-forums.net ... ch[/color] Oh, if he can see it...
The search on this forum isn't very useful at best. I haven't found a way to look for a sentence (or "close" words), and without that you have to read through hundreds of results to finally not find what you where looking for.
You yourself pointed out an interesting, but wrong topic (undersea tunnels instead of tunnel/bridge signals). I remember these two where addressed together in some "unofficial" patch, but extremely discouraged from trying to find it (due to big efforts required and small chance of success).
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

bjgttd wrote:
Yoursnotmine wrote:Next time, use the SEARCH FUNCTION first before make a topic / request. oh hell, I hate the fact that OTTD now have soo many users and the forums is crowded
The search on this forum isn't very useful at best. I haven't found a way to look for a sentence (or "close" words), and without that you have to read through hundreds of results to finally not find what you where looking for.
You yourself pointed out an interesting, but wrong topic (undersea tunnels instead of tunnel/bridge signals). I remember these two where addressed together in some "unofficial" patch, but extremely discouraged from trying to find it (due to big efforts required and small chance of success).
What you mean Chills Patchpack?
There are very few glitches (the only glitches are minor anyway), and you can download a compiled version from somewhere on the topic (not sure where)
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

I generally find using the Google search option at the bottom of the search window to be more useful, as you can use "quotes" to search for exact phrases, and other Google wizardry.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Theres actually an small, unactivated url at the bottom. I tried to color it black, but cant get the url working.

let me quote it :

"size=10]here is it http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... in+tunnels Oh, if he can see it...[/size]"
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Yoursnotmine wrote:Theres actually an small, unactivated url at the bottom. I tried to color it black, but cant get the url working.

let me quote it :

"size=10]here is it : http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... nnel+patch Oh, if he can see it...[/size]"
You keep quoting and repeating the search for a different topic! He is NOT searching for tunnels under water. But signals on bridges and in tunnels. Your replies are remarkably condescending given you fail in either reading comprehension or at least to carry out the search in question yourself.

And for your information as you complain elsewhere: your first posting in this thread has been reported as abusive while failing to give the proper information at the same time. I did read that report fully. I somewhat agree with that and nevertheless dismissed it as your problem - despite possibly pointing the original poster into the wrong direction.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

umm... i get the first search wrong :( (confused this thread with this thread
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

Here is the topic: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41260. It just had a new post, so I've noticed.
nordemoniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nordemoniac »

bjgttd wrote:Here is the topic: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41260. It just had a new post, so I've noticed.
Thanks!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”