Attention Users! Need some tips and Advices!

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Agenteur
Engineer
Engineer

Attention Users! Need some tips and Advices!

Post by Agenteur »

Hi everybody...... I joined the forum today, had been visiting this forum for a couple of days now. Am playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe (not OPENTDD and I even dont know what improvements are there in OPENTTD as I've never played). So am playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe version and reached the 21st century on my own hard work self made infrastructure for transportation to cities and industries. Now the problem is as every body knows that Constant Factories Production rate is a real hectic thing in this game as it keeps randomly jumping up and down. Now my questions are:

1) How can we increase the Production rate of industries and i mean all of them whether LIVESTOCK, GRAIN, COAL, OIL, WOOD, and so on, and keep it on Increasing. Please brief me in great details on which files need to be tweaked, edited, modified or patched as I even dont know the patching of TTD before. :shock:

2) What should a person do when your TRAIN STATION (either PASSENGER, GOODS or FACTORIES Transportation) is performing at peak optimum levels and all of a sudden AI Computer player builds in the same location of your TRANSPORTATION FACILITY and it attracts sometimes half of your PASSENGERS, GOODS, and FACTORIES PRODUCTIONS and sometimes over 90% attracted :twisted: . So what needs to be done in such a scenario. I wish I could simply demolish that Crazy AI Transport Station but I am afraid I cant.
:evil:
Thank you.
waiting for nice replies.
:shock:
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Attention Users! Need some tips and Advices!

Post by FooBar »

Welcome to the forums :)

1) Industry production changes randomly, but the chance for random increase is largest if you transport at least 60% of the produced cargo (see industry window).

2) Provide better service than your competitor. See the station window for the percentages. The cargo you get at your station depends on the station rating. The amount of cargo at your station = your station rating * amount produced / (your station rating + competitor station rating). So if your rating is 40%, your competitor's 60% and the amount produced 128 t, you'll get 51 t at your station each month. Station rating depends on all sorts of things. Here's an overview for OpenTTD, but it applies equally to TTD: http://wiki.openttd.org/Game_Mechanics#Station_rating
Agenteur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Agenteur »

FooBar wrote:Welcome to the forums :)

1) Industry production changes randomly, but the chance for random increase is largest if you transport at least 60% of the produced cargo (see industry window)

Thank you for a deep analysis :D . but SEE INDUSTRY WINDOW? Where is Industry window in the game? :o :roll:

and also I googled the same question and found some tips and trick related to this forum in which there were some tweaks done with the .xml and .dat files to Permanently and constantly increase the Factories' productions. you have any idea about such patches or tweaking? :| :roll:
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Agenteur wrote:Thank you for a deep analysis :D . but SEE INDUSTRY WINDOW? Where is Industry window in the game? :o :roll:
Click at the industry.
Agenteur wrote:and also I googled the same question and found some tips and trick related to this forum in which there were some tweaks done with the .xml and .dat files to Permanently and constantly increase the Factories' productions. you have any idea about such patches or tweaking? :| :roll:
xml was not invented when the game was made, and the only .dat fle I know of TTD is hs.dat for the high scores. Perhaps you are confused with Locomotion ?
Agenteur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Agenteur »

Yeah maybe i dont know about locomotion just hardly enough read this term a few hours ago. So wats all that buzz about the locomotion? :? :lol: :(
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

What buzz?

You mention weird file formats that cannot exist with TTD, so I ask whether you are confusing TTD with Locomotion, as the latter has such file formats. How is that buzz?
?(
Agenteur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Agenteur »

haha sorry i misquoted the term "BUZZ" here. but i meant why those people were talking about those patches. let me see if i have the link to that POST. Here you go. I mean the BUZZ here, the people discussing here. I didnt get it anyway.... Can you explain me?

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=57183
Agenteur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Agenteur »

Ok thanks a lot :D :) :wink:

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”