mods on MTTD (mobile ttd)

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
ConrailHeritage
Engineer
Engineer

mods on MTTD (mobile ttd)

Post by ConrailHeritage »

Just wondering, can you get mods on MTTD? because before I buy it, I want to make sure you can have mods, as the original trains and things are quite boring.
Mainline421
Engineer
Engineer

Re: mods on MTTD (mobile ttd)

Post by Mainline421 »

It's theoretically possible as far as I know (although I haven't played it) but at this time none exist. Also as a minor aside the generally used shortening is TTM (Transport Tycoon mobile) as there is no Deluxe in the name.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

As far as I know, it's been established that they won't be allowed, or at least aren't at the moment. Any mods would most likely be released as updates.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

If you have an Android, try to root your phone and explore the game files yourself. Note that you might be the first people to do so, if you don't have enough knowledge around programming you won't really found anything (other than the possibility to damage the installation). Also, they might not work for iOS versions (as iOS are far more stricter).
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

Personally i think that the mods would work for both ios and android. They say, savegames would work in both versions too.

Btw.. The png's in the data-folder aren't palette-sprites. They are in true-color with a simple alpha-channel.
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

The constraints over iOS would be "how to place the mod folder in order for it to work". Without rooting it also won't be able to be done over Android (all application core files are stored in a hidden folder, not a folder that can be seen directly)
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Just looked back at this.
YNM wrote:The constraints over iOS would be "how to place the mod folder in order for it to work". Without rooting it also won't be able to be done over Android (all application core files are stored in a hidden folder, not a folder that can be seen directly)
It may actually be possible with the aid of an iFile-type app.
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

Possibly, but installing iFile requires prior jailbreaking. The question is... is there any actual interest in modding TTM? If I were to - let's say - donate a community project, I'd send money to bringing OpenTTD a proper Android/iOS port. This would get us a way more robust and promising mobile TT game.
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I don't think there's any real interest in modding TTM, that game is intended to be what it is.

It would be better to focus on making OpenTTD more playable on mobile. To t hat end, though, there's no interest in doing it for money, as currently nobody is asking for money when they could. Rather, donations of time in improving things like code, controls, interface and display is what is needed.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

vear wrote:Possibly, but installing iFile requires prior jailbreaking. The question is... is there any actual interest in modding TTM? If I were to - let's say - donate a community project, I'd send money to bringing OpenTTD a proper Android/iOS port. This would get us a way more robust and promising mobile TT game.
Now that I think of it, that might pose another problem: each update would probably have to be uploaded again for the mobile port (though it wouldn't necessarily be too much of a burden).
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

I thought the reason we stayed off from iOS was due to our license ? And the goddamit amount of money required ?

iOS is too strict, and I guess we should let that die away (as the key people is dead now)... Let's focus on Android. :wink:
Anybody to help him ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

Open source licence does not prevent you from making an app for iOS. iTunes Store's TOS do however prevent you from putting a GPL'd application there. However, jailbroken phones can run whatever technically possible, most likely utilising Cydia as a replacement store. This way ScummVM has releases for iOS.

Of course, audience is greatly limited. It is also truth that iOS is a piece of limited crap that could've been a decent mobile OS had Apple not adopted Microsoft's ways of getting absolute scrutiny over market.
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Aside from the license incompatibility for Apple Store, you have the expenses of paying for a developer license from Apple. There is no such cost with Android, and although you do have to pay to get into the various Android-based stores, there are no licensing restrictions and the store costs are much more affordable.

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”