Train Signals & Routing in TT Android

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
7thGalaxy
Engineer
Engineer

Train Signals & Routing in TT Android

Post by 7thGalaxy »

Hi

Is anyone else having problems with signals for trains not triggering properly? I've been trying to set up a simple single track with passing points for freight trains, so I've been using double signals at either end, so in theory my trains should wait for the line to clear on the siding by stafford mines (in the picture) then go whilst the other one is loading in the station, at the other end is a double platform, again with double signals out of each branch.

As it is, the train goes to the siding, sits there whilst the other train bumbles up and down, and eventually gets bored and reverses its course.

How might I solve this?

Thanks
Attachments
.jpg
.jpg (14.56 KiB) Viewed 16778 times
Mainline421
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Train Signals & Routing in TT Android

Post by Mainline421 »

Welcome to the forums 7thGalaxy. I'm not entirely clear what's going on, the screenshot is too low quality. Assuming it's all the same as Locomotion though perhaps this is because if a train waits at a signal too long it will turn round and head off in the opposite direction. The only solution I ever found was to place a signal which only allows travel in one direction directly behind the train, but this only works on one way tracks.
C3805.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by C3805. »

From what I can see in the screenshot, try putting just two bi-way signals on both ends of the coal loading siding, removing the signal on the passing siding. This will work if both ends of the single track line have signal protection at the stations. If you introduce more trains on that section of line you will probably have to duplicate it.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Also make sure that the train fits on that station. If it's on or outside the signal at all, then that defeats the purpose.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Worrawat wrote:Hello, I am a new member nice to meet you
Thanks for digging up a 3 year old post to bring us this information.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Leanden wrote:to bring us this information.
At least the Bothans didn't have to die this time. 8)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”