All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Released!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:47 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

bokkie wrote:
The mail says that there's no version for Android phones yet

There's not?

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:09 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Sorry, I haven't had much chance to play since I got it this morning. Will have a good fiddle later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:03 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

ChillCore wrote:
If you have not, may I suggest starting with the tutorials instead?
Things, including how to use the gui, are pretty well explained if you do.

Ah, I assumed that they were just the same tutorials given in Locomotion.

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:04 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

kamnet wrote:
bokkie wrote:
The mail says that there's no version for Android phones yet

There's not?

You seem to imply I said it is not for Android. I did not.

The mail says: (*Android Phone support is being introduced as we speak)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:30 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

He's telling you that it's available right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:19 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Maybe he meant the lowering of specifications? Id est, "Android phone support for weaker versions"?

In which case leaves me in a dilemma... I haven't really tried playing my games on a tablet/phone, and I don't mind trying...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

I purchased tt13 and ran it on nexus 10.
The animations were extremely choppy. However the 31x said that it will be fixed.
-No pbs unfortunately

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:46 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Even an Galaxy S4 (quad core processor), cant run it?

What they should have said, is its arriving on Tablets, which aren't that far off from laptops, so no PC version is pretty lame.

Learn Openttd
Learn Planetary Annihilation
Learn Orbit
Whose poo?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

What they are saying is this:
latest newsletter sent out yesterday wrote:
TRANSPORT TYCOON
Available now for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android Tablets*!

*snip*

(*Android Phone support is being introduced as we speak)

*snip *

If you had taken the time to read to some topics here you would have noticed that there is no mention of a pc port yet, or are you really expecting them to drop everthing they are doing right now (see the * part) and do a port so you can make a youtube tutorial that is already provided ingame?
I will send them a message right now(**) to tell them they are doing it wrong, OK?

(**) Yes they do reply and it is not some standard automated pre-crafted message.

--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:50 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well, the Android port is not getting rave reviews so far. Nearly everybody complaining about lag and slow frame rates.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:00 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I understand Kamnet and I am sure that me telling you that it runs flawlessly on the iPad 4 is not going to help much to make you feel better at this point in time.

What they have released is a full fledged game and not a slimmed down version of what it could have been.
I am pretty sure they will do their utter best to make things better but they need a bit more time?

--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:31 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Lol 2.6 stars, what a great start.

Chillcore u know me too well.

Learn Openttd
Learn Orbit
Whose poo?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:41 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

ChillCore wrote:
I understand Kamnet and I am sure that me telling you that it runs flawlessly on the iPad 4 is not going to help much to make you feel better at this point in time.

What they have released is a full fledged game and not a slimmed down version of what it could have been.
I am pretty sure they will do their utter best to make things better but they need a bit more time?

Clearly from the reviews sofar the iOS version is good, so why not just go with that? Like I mentioned earlier, it seemed odd that they only ran the beta tests for a few weeks, and apparently didn't beta test the Android version at all, instead just launched it same date. I'm just kinda surprised, why put out the Android version at all if it wasn't ready? Makes no sense to me.

Then again, now that I've seen the screen shots of the product, I'm also baffled as to why Sawyer would continue to use the 15 year-old dirty, grainy graphics compared to the nice, crisp, clean UI graphics.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:11 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

kamnet wrote:
Then again, now that I've seen the screen shots of the product, I'm also baffled as to why Sawyer would continue to use the 15 year-old dirty, grainy graphics compared to the nice, crisp, clean UI graphics.

It was a nice and relatively cheap bargain to resell Locomotion to a new market and probably to a new audience.

regards
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Regarding Android phone support: I haven't seen any phone being aupported. Did anybody?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:14 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Impressions so far: (android version)
- it does take a while to load. However, my tablet does have rather cheap flash memory so I'm used to this. Some sort of progress bar would be nice, however.
- it does occasionally get a bit sluggish but it always speeds back up again and I generally attribute this to my tablet doing other things in the background.
- a clone vehicle button would be reeeeeally nice, instead of having to build another from scratch and copy/paste the orders.
- I only seem to be able to zoom between 1:1 and 2:1 pixel mapping, the latter of which looks kinda hideous. I daresay they've probably limited the zoom range so as not to have too many sprites on the screen at once.

Other than that however, the interface is lovely and the gameplay is...well, it's Locomotion!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I couldn't agree more on the cloning button; that's something I've wanted in Locomotion for ages. I'm not sure if anything was changed at all. I haven't encountered any bugs yet, though.

The nice thing about this being an app is the fact that instead of complaining about the same issue for 10 years on the forums, a simple update may fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:21 am 

LocoRoller wrote:
I couldn't agree more on the cloning button; that's something I've wanted in Locomotion for ages. I'm not sure if anything was changed at all. I haven't encountered any bugs yet, though.

The nice thing about this being an app is the fact that instead of complaining about the same issue for 10 years on the forums, a simple update may fix it.

That is the good thing. They were pretty good with bug reports on their private beta forums. If you give them a good bug report via their email address, with details of how to reproduce, I reccon you will likely get it fixed. I was just happy with the clone orders button but can see why a clone vehicle button would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:34 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Pretty ficken slow on a phone, I highly doubt recording it will be anything worth while doing... Theres $7 wasted (I downloaded it and was going to return it, but I got away from my phone for longer than 15 minutes.)

Time to void the warranty! :D

EDIT: I actually might be pretty close to emulating it :D

Learn Openttd
Learn Orbit
Whose poo?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:30 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thank God they released an update with "improved stability". Mine has been crashing every time I open it unless certain conditions are met, not to mention the constant auto-saving.