Released! Purchase links here.

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
kamnet

Re: Released!

Post by kamnet »

bokkie wrote:The mail says that there's no version for Android phones yet

There's not?
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Sorry, I haven't had much chance to play since I got it this morning. Will have a good fiddle later.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

ChillCore wrote:If you have not, may I suggest starting with the tutorials instead?
Things, including how to use the gui, are pretty well explained if you do.
Ah, I assumed that they were just the same tutorials given in Locomotion.
bokkie
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bokkie »

kamnet wrote:
bokkie wrote:The mail says that there's no version for Android phones yet

There's not?
You seem to imply I said it is not for Android. I did not.

The mail says: (*Android Phone support is being introduced as we speak)
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

He's telling you that it's available right now.
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Maybe he meant the lowering of specifications? Id est, "Android phone support for weaker versions"?

In which case leaves me in a dilemma... I haven't really tried playing my games on a tablet/phone, and I don't mind trying...
vinaximus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by vinaximus »

I purchased tt13 and ran it on nexus 10.
The animations were extremely choppy. However the 31x said that it will be fixed.
-No pbs unfortunately
Good day building rails
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Even an Galaxy S4 (quad core processor), cant run it?

What they should have said, is its arriving on Tablets, which aren't that far off from laptops, so no PC version is pretty lame.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

What they are saying is this:
latest newsletter sent out yesterday wrote: TRANSPORT TYCOON
Available now for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android Tablets*!

*snip*

(*Android Phone support is being introduced as we speak)

*snip *
If you had taken the time to read to some topics here you would have noticed that there is no mention of a pc port yet, or are you really expecting them to drop everthing they are doing right now (see the * part) and do a port so you can make a youtube tutorial that is already provided ingame?
I will send them a message right now(**) to tell them they are doing it wrong, OK?

(**) Yes they do reply and it is not some standard automated pre-crafted message.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Well, the Android port is not getting rave reviews so far. Nearly everybody complaining about lag and slow frame rates.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I understand Kamnet and I am sure that me telling you that it runs flawlessly on the iPad 4 is not going to help much to make you feel better at this point in time.

What they have released is a full fledged game and not a slimmed down version of what it could have been.
I am pretty sure they will do their utter best to make things better but they need a bit more time?
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Lol 2.6 stars, what a great start.

Chillcore u know me too well.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ChillCore wrote:I understand Kamnet and I am sure that me telling you that it runs flawlessly on the iPad 4 is not going to help much to make you feel better at this point in time.

What they have released is a full fledged game and not a slimmed down version of what it could have been.
I am pretty sure they will do their utter best to make things better but they need a bit more time?

Clearly from the reviews sofar the iOS version is good, so why not just go with that? Like I mentioned earlier, it seemed odd that they only ran the beta tests for a few weeks, and apparently didn't beta test the Android version at all, instead just launched it same date. I'm just kinda surprised, why put out the Android version at all if it wasn't ready? Makes no sense to me.

Then again, now that I've seen the screen shots of the product, I'm also baffled as to why Sawyer would continue to use the 15 year-old dirty, grainy graphics compared to the nice, crisp, clean UI graphics.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

kamnet wrote: Then again, now that I've seen the screen shots of the product, I'm also baffled as to why Sawyer would continue to use the 15 year-old dirty, grainy graphics compared to the nice, crisp, clean UI graphics.
It was a nice and relatively cheap bargain to resell Locomotion to a new market and probably to a new audience.

regards
Michael
bokkie
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bokkie »

Regarding Android phone support: I haven't seen any phone being aupported. Did anybody?
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Impressions so far: (android version)
- it does take a while to load. However, my tablet does have rather cheap flash memory so I'm used to this. Some sort of progress bar would be nice, however.
- it does occasionally get a bit sluggish but it always speeds back up again and I generally attribute this to my tablet doing other things in the background.
- a clone vehicle button would be reeeeeally nice, instead of having to build another from scratch and copy/paste the orders.
- I only seem to be able to zoom between 1:1 and 2:1 pixel mapping, the latter of which looks kinda hideous. I daresay they've probably limited the zoom range so as not to have too many sprites on the screen at once.

Other than that however, the interface is lovely and the gameplay is...well, it's Locomotion!
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I couldn't agree more on the cloning button; that's something I've wanted in Locomotion for ages. I'm not sure if anything was changed at all. I haven't encountered any bugs yet, though.

The nice thing about this being an app is the fact that instead of complaining about the same issue for 10 years on the forums, a simple update may fix it.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

LocoRoller wrote:I couldn't agree more on the cloning button; that's something I've wanted in Locomotion for ages. I'm not sure if anything was changed at all. I haven't encountered any bugs yet, though.

The nice thing about this being an app is the fact that instead of complaining about the same issue for 10 years on the forums, a simple update may fix it.
That is the good thing. They were pretty good with bug reports on their private beta forums. If you give them a good bug report via their email address, with details of how to reproduce, I reccon you will likely get it fixed. I was just happy with the clone orders button but can see why a clone vehicle button would be nice.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Pretty ficken slow on a phone, I highly doubt recording it will be anything worth while doing... Theres $7 wasted (I downloaded it and was going to return it, but I got away from my phone for longer than 15 minutes.)

Time to void the warranty! :D

EDIT: I actually might be pretty close to emulating it :D
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Thank God they released an update with "improved stability". Mine has been crashing every time I open it unless certain conditions are met, not to mention the constant auto-saving.

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”