Beta coming soon

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Beta coming soon

Post by Roman »

Okay, let's get this straight. tt-forums.net is the largest TT community, uniting TT players worldwide. Virtually all hardcore fans stop by here every once in a while. tt-ms.de hosts the German-speaking international TT community, which is perhaps the largest/most active non-English subgroup of TT fans. Without TTDPatch and OpenTTD, TT would be dead. Without us, TT would be dead.

AND NONE OF US GOT IN THE BETA PROGRAM? REALLY? :(
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

Roman wrote:AND NONE OF US GOT IN THE BETA PROGRAM? REALLY? :(
Well, those who went to this year's TT Meet managed to play a beta of the game, and there were some summer fairs showing off apps and such and there was TT in it
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Roman wrote:AND NONE OF US GOT IN THE BETA PROGRAM? REALLY? :(
Maybe it is because us "hardcore" gamers are not the target audience of a game platform that is more suited to casual players?

Maybe Chris Sawyer has so much disdain for these communities that he cross-referenced us and eliminated us from consideration?

Maybe there aren't enough people in these communities who have a legitimate interest in the mobile version, and thus we are now a minority in comparison to the rest of the TT mobile community that responded?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

kamnet wrote:Maybe Chris Sawyer has so much disdain for these communities that he cross-referenced us and eliminated us from consideration?
I've been told that Mr. Sawyer expressed this in previous correspondence by our humble administrator, or that he simply ignored all attempts.

Either way, he's not happy with a total reproduction of his published work, however legal it may be. If I were him, I wouldn't allow any such participants to become beta testers.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

LocoRoller wrote:
kamnet wrote:Maybe Chris Sawyer has so much disdain for these communities that he cross-referenced us and eliminated us from consideration?
I've been told that Mr. Sawyer expressed this in previous correspondence by our humble administrator, or that he simply ignored all attempts.
Hey, what? Chris Sawyer has said no such thing to me about anything like this. He did tell Josef, I believe, that he wasn't keen on TTDPatch, but that was a long time ago. Aaron, at the meet, seemed to think Chris was much more keen about the fans getting involved with the TT beta and so on.

Anyway, I didn't get in the beta either, it aopears. They have probably had quite a bit of interest though, and if it was indeed truly random, then there should be no reason any of us were preferred over anybody else. Still, a shame though. :(
Illioplius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Illioplius »

Still, it is weird that nobody from those people who are part of the beta programme, shared any information, screenshots or videos anywhere. As far as I am aware of, of course...
klaidez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by klaidez »

Illioplius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Illioplius »

klaidez wrote:This guy have the beta: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Very nice, thank you. Hopefully he will share some screenshots.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Wow, that would be quite some effort to cross-reference everyone who signed up and remove...all of his online fanbase. :mrgreen:

I'm sure we're just unlucky. Heck, I probably did get in, but it got spambinned or something...I really should check my spam more closely before emptying it in a morning.
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

Thank you Owen, and thank you Origin8. I made it in! :D
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Roman wrote:Thank you Owen, and thank you Origin8. I made it in! :D
Me too.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Congratulations to both of you. 8)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”