Transport Tycoon to be "revitalised" for iOS and Android

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Transport Tycoon to be "revitalised" for iOS and Android

Post by orudge »

The chap who met us was from AppyNation rather than Origin8. As Dave said before though, hopefully this won't be the last we hear from them. :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:As Dave said before though, hopefully this won't be the last we hear from them. :)
Did you offer him a totally free account on these forums with all premium features enabled for free as well? :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

orudge wrote:Well, those of us who are at the meet just now have just had an exclusive preview of the new game.
Was it on Apple or anything else ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It will be available on iOS and Android devices.

Also, the game (at the moment at least; everything is of course subject to change) has the original TTD music. :D
oboka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oboka »

If you have the opportunity, can you please tell them to go back to the original renders, and use 32bpp graphics rather than those dated 256 color graphics? Also saturate colors just a little bit. Even Google+ knows it, it auto enhanced images saturating it a little and softened pixels, when I uploaded one of the screenshots :D

Seriously, if they don't have a very big technical reason to use 32bpp images, they should, if they want to appeal a big user base. Spending 3 years developing this game and keep those graphics is not a good strategical decision. I suspect Locomotion graphics were heavily modified by hand or they lost original renders...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

orudge wrote: Also, the game (at the moment at least; everything is of course subject to change) has the original TTD music. :D
I presume with the correct/fixed Track 13 (Can't Get there from Here) :evil:
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

The developers have expressed that they do not want to dumb down the game to make it appeal to the wider market. I was worried that they may try and please all of the market, and SupCom2 is an excellent example of how that didn't work out. They have plenty of time left in their development schedule, and from what we saw, it seemed like a fairly sold build. Which I hope indicates that they will be looking at expanding the feature set.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

m3henry wrote:The developers have expressed that they do not want to dumb down the game to make it appeal to the wider market. I was worried that they may try and please all of the market, and SupCom2 is an excellent example of how that didn't work out. They have plenty of time left in their development schedule, and from what we saw, it seemed like a fairly sold build. Which I hope indicates that they will be looking at expanding the feature set.
orudge wrote:Well, those of us who are at the meet just now have just had an exclusive preview of the new game. And I think the consensus is: it's pretty good. It takes elements from TT, others from Locomotion, and even a few features from OpenTTD. It is different of course, being operated on touchscreens, but it's a good game. I'm looking forward to it. :)
The things from (O)TTTD(P) I would want as a minimum would be PBS, presignals, YAPF as most of the other features are NewGRF thingoes which I presume it can't have an equivelant of.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

orudge wrote:It takes elements from TT, others from Locomotion, and even a few features from OpenTTD.
Owen, would you mind sharing a few examples of those features with us who weren't lucky enough to belong to the exclusive circle of attendees?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, there's a fast forward button of sorts, at least in the test version we saw. And you can place waypoints anywhere, which wasn't possible in the original TTD.

Mostly though I can't say for sure what features the game will or won't have, simply because I didn't get to see much of it. I did have the honour of being the first person to play it though! :)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Any talk of network play?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

wallyweb wrote:Any talk of network play?
From what they have said on Facebook. Not in the launch version but maybe later.
vinaximus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by vinaximus »

features that should be there in minimum are
: PBS- it doest not have to be exclusively. Instead the normal block signals can be replaced with pbs. The new users will not even know the difference and take the functions of pbs for granted..
-better path finding than locomotion
-Larger maps than locomotion (though i doubt it)

Something to avoid are:
-I hope that is not a FREMIUM game, buy virtual money fuel in game addons for real cash. Ruining everything
Good day building rails
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

It has been stated on their Facebook page that it will not be freemium.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think it's been done to death now so no more big and clever posts about Freemium gaming please - the joke has long since worn thin.

It was made extremely clear there would be no in game purchasing and the game would command a price to buy outright.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

vinaximus wrote:features that should be there in minimum are
: PBS- it doest not have to be exclusively. Instead the normal block signals can be replaced with pbs. The new users will not even know the difference and take the functions of pbs for granted..
I doubt it, PBS was good but relatively complex system, the game is closer to original TT/TTD/Locomotion
-better path finding than locomotion
that is not yet know, optimization is last stage of development, however you can add waypoints to improve the pathing
-Larger maps than locomotion (though i doubt it)
I was rather surprised by the map size, not sure if the same size as Locomotion but for mobile device it was fairly large
Something to avoid are:
-I hope that is not a FREMIUM game, buy virtual money fuel in game addons for real cash. Ruining everything
It's not a freemium or similar, stated multiple times. It will be paid game but the price is not yet known.
There was no word about possible paid addons or even planning such a feature either.
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Illioplius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Illioplius »

Is this going to be just slightly amended Locomotion for mobile devices or really "next generation" game (with Locomotion graphics, though)?
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm not sure what you expect. It seems similar to Locomotion but that doesn't mean it will be Locomotion.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Illioplius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Illioplius »

And what does it mean? If something looks like a duck, behaves like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. I don't know (yet) how this new game will behave and quack (if ever) but I know it looks EXACTLY the same like Locomotion. Without any slightest difference. Or did anybody notice some difference?

However, at least one fragment of game's behaviour can be seen at the screenshots: in-game competitors build the same monstruous brick-bridge railways as in good old Locomotion.

Not saying I don't like Locomotion. It is one awesome game and I actually like it more than the TT/TTD.

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”