Transport Tycoon to be "revitalised" for iOS and Android

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Transport Tycoon to be "revitalised" for iOS and Android

Post by SwissFan91 »

Out of curiosity, have we had any increase in new members on the forums as a result of this game being released? Not just for its dedicated sub-forum, but I wonder if people seeing it will think back to their TTO days and search for us that way.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

SwissFan91 wrote:Out of curiosity, have we had any increase in new members on the forums as a result of this game being released? Not just for its dedicated sub-forum, but I wonder if people seeing it will think back to their TTO days and search for us that way.
Well, the Locomotion people are already onboard ... :p

regards
Michael
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I don't think we will get a huge increase since there is going to be an official TT Forum. I will be posting the link as soon as I find out where it is.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Considering that it is mostly Locomotion it would be nice to get a feature comparison of TTM and Locomotion, like card size.
As I played Locomotion there are less reasons why to buy the same game again and limiting on a tablet. DRM is the other one.
(Can't use an sdcard to move between devices)

(On a other forum someone posted a tram game file as sample pl8, it looks quite loco like.)
So it's less likely a full rewrite but a straight port of the game mechanics from asm to c

-edit-
I guess porting PatchPlus to android will a bit problematical as well, as the underground building mode will be the same I guess...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

It would be nice to have some more visitors, and I'm sure we'll get some because this forum will come up in searches.

Is this the first instance in which ours won't be the most-visited source for information?
Dave

Post by Dave »

LocoRoller wrote:It would be nice to have some more visitors, and I'm sure we'll get some because this forum will come up in searches.

Is this the first instance in which ours won't be the most-visited source for information?
Who cares? A dead-end question.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

LocoRoller wrote:It would be nice to have some more visitors, and I'm sure we'll get some because this forum will come up in searches.

I daresay searches for "Transport Tycoon forum", "Transport Tycoon help", etc, will still come up with TT-Forums first for some time to come, simply because we've been around a long time and lots of places link here.
Werebear
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Werebear »

I found this forum because of the new IOS release.

It might not be something anyone cares about, but if I found it, I bet others will, too.

Now off to ask questions!

Russell
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Welcome to the forums; you'll find the attitude here to be very active and helpful. And yes, plenty of others will surely find this forum :)
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Hopefully others, by browsing on here for TTM and discovering OTTD thrives here too, will experience the same feeling I had when I first found there to be a clone for TTD. To find a game which you used to play as a very small child to 1) still even exist and work on modern computers and 2) to have all of these amazing add-ons is just incredible.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
abubin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by abubin »

SwissFan91 wrote:Out of curiosity, have we had any increase in new members on the forums as a result of this game being released? Not just for its dedicated sub-forum, but I wonder if people seeing it will think back to their TTO days and search for us that way.
I am one of those people. Was excited with ios transport tycoon..tried it and hated it. It's buggy and more like locomotion than TT. Graphics are also not improved. It felt like a port for locomotion. Interface is not optimized for iphone. So playing it in small iphone is hard. But from the 2 days playing that game, it somehow ignited the magic of TTD for me. Hence I am back here (tried openttd few years ago) giving openttd another go.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

well what should i say? i play locomotion on ipad now. for weeks now. every f*cking day.
it still has bugs. annoying bugs. like terrible rating (+ 0% passengers transported) in cities where i have about 10 bus-stations which are constantly visited by my busses and a 5-track-trainstation with very much traffic.

but hell i love this game since the day i saw it in the store and bought it instantly.

sq
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

A bit late (and sorry for reviving an old thread), but here are the new versions of the TT music for those who haven't heard them yet!:
https://soundcloud.com/johnbroomhallmusic/sets
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”