Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:01 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Out of curiosity, have we had any increase in new members on the forums as a result of this game being released? Not just for its dedicated sub-forum, but I wonder if people seeing it will think back to their TTO days and search for us that way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:17 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

SwissFan91 wrote:
Out of curiosity, have we had any increase in new members on the forums as a result of this game being released? Not just for its dedicated sub-forum, but I wonder if people seeing it will think back to their TTO days and search for us that way.

Well, the Locomotion people are already onboard ... :p

regards
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:42 am 

I don't think we will get a huge increase since there is going to be an official TT Forum. I will be posting the link as soon as I find out where it is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:46 am 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Considering that it is mostly Locomotion it would be nice to get a feature comparison of TTM and Locomotion, like card size.
As I played Locomotion there are less reasons why to buy the same game again and limiting on a tablet. DRM is the other one.
(Can't use an sdcard to move between devices)

(On a other forum someone posted a tram game file as sample pl8, it looks quite loco like.)
So it's less likely a full rewrite but a straight port of the game mechanics from asm to c

-edit-
I guess porting PatchPlus to android will a bit problematical as well, as the underground building mode will be the same I guess...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

It would be nice to have some more visitors, and I'm sure we'll get some because this forum will come up in searches.

Is this the first instance in which ours won't be the most-visited source for information?

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:49 am 

LocoRoller wrote:
It would be nice to have some more visitors, and I'm sure we'll get some because this forum will come up in searches.

Is this the first instance in which ours won't be the most-visited source for information?

Who cares? A dead-end question.

Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

LocoRoller wrote:

I daresay searches for "Transport Tycoon forum", "Transport Tycoon help", etc, will still come up with TT-Forums first for some time to come, simply because we've been around a long time and lots of places link here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:10 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I found this forum because of the new IOS release.

It might not be something anyone cares about, but if I found it, I bet others will, too.

Now off to ask questions!

Russell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Welcome to the forums; you'll find the attitude here to be very active and helpful. And yes, plenty of others will surely find this forum :)

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hopefully others, by browsing on here for TTM and discovering OTTD thrives here too, will experience the same feeling I had when I first found there to be a clone for TTD. To find a game which you used to play as a very small child to 1) still even exist and work on modern computers and 2) to have all of these amazing add-ons is just incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:19 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

SwissFan91 wrote:

I am one of those people. Was excited with ios transport tycoon..tried it and hated it. It's buggy and more like locomotion than TT. Graphics are also not improved. It felt like a port for locomotion. Interface is not optimized for iphone. So playing it in small iphone is hard. But from the 2 days playing that game, it somehow ignited the magic of TTD for me. Hence I am back here (tried openttd few years ago) giving openttd another go.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:45 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

well what should i say? i play locomotion on ipad now. for weeks now. every f*cking day.
it still has bugs. annoying bugs. like terrible rating (+ 0% passengers transported) in cities where i have about 10 bus-stations which are constantly visited by my busses and a 5-track-trainstation with very much traffic.

but hell i love this game since the day i saw it in the store and bought it instantly.

sq

seelenquell.pytalhost.com is reactivated (16/07/28) .. :D

just playin` family in real life.. nice graphics..! nice sound..!

atm i'm building an arduino-based motor-driven tracker for my zeiss-telescope.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:38 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

A bit late (and sorry for reviving an old thread), but here are the new versions of the TT music for those who haven't heard them yet!:
https://soundcloud.com/johnbroomhallmusic/sets

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13