Passenger Transport

P1SIM is a commercial game under development featuring traffic, logistics, city building and more.
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Passenger Transport

Post by LocoMH »

Please, please, please - one of the things I personally hated most about Locomotion were the ridiculous handling of passengers. It is the most unrealistic and boring thing if passengers enter the vehicle and leave it at the next station. Plus they don't care which train comes, they take the first one. That is just insanely stupid. I would wish passengers to have destinations and to be just a little bit smart, maybe comparable to Traffic Giant. That was the best solution between easiness and non-stupidity!
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

LocoMH wrote:Please, please, please - one of the things I personally hated most about Locomotion were the ridiculous handling of passengers. It is the most unrealistic and boring thing if passengers enter the vehicle and leave it at the next station. Plus they don't care which train comes, they take the first one. That is just insanely stupid. I would wish passengers to have destinations and to be just a little bit smart, maybe comparable to Traffic Giant. That was the best solution between easiness and non-stupidity!
No worries. I would not even consider to realize it that way. P1SIM citizens have destinations in mind when they leave their home. And they will travel to exactly this destination, by car, by bus, by train, etc. or by a combination of multiple means of transport.
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
Loconoob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loconoob »

Yeah, the best example of that i can think of is in SimCity4, and probably the new one, but I haven't played that one yet...the only thing is, it doesnt show individual, it just shows you an amount or percentage of capacity being used. would this game do the same, or have individual individuals?
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

LocoMH wrote:Please, please, please - one of the things I personally hated most about Locomotion were the ridiculous handling of passengers. It is the most unrealistic and boring thing if passengers enter the vehicle and leave it at the next station. Plus they don't care which train comes, they take the first one. That is just insanely stupid. I would wish passengers to have destinations and to be just a little bit smart, maybe comparable to Traffic Giant. That was the best solution between easiness and non-stupidity!
Then while you're waiting for this game to be released, play OpenTTD with the Cargodist patch, which is making passengers pick destinations according to the reachable destinations (ie. you have to make the network first), or the YACD patch which works differently (I'm probably wrong since I don't play it) - passengers pick their destinations before the network is made, so passengers have fixed destination and doesn't change by network.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Personally I don't care for the CargoDist-esque method of cargo handling, I'd rather have the YACD-esque method.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

Loconoob wrote:would this game do the same, or have individual individuals?
p1sim will follow a concept of individuals. even though this comes a long with the problem of high memory, processor and internet usage.
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!

Return to “P1SIM”