Will the depth of the ore/resources have any effect on the cost of mining it?
In P1SIM there is no depth when it comes to ore. The ores are simply "underground". Thus there is no cost effect. Although the mining system isn't implemented yet, it will probably be like that:
- You are looking for a high density zone of the required ore.
- You place a mining building close to it/above it.
- You build intralogistics tunnels (just like intralogistics paths in P1SIM factories)
- You hire staff to dig for your ore (hiring one man = one visible intralogistics vehicle driving through your tunnels)
- Costs per months are calculated like that: Base costs for the mining building + staff costs + maintenance costs for each tunnel segment
- Ores within a radius of 3 tiles from a tunnel segment can be mined
And once you mine a section of a ore vein, will you need to rebuild your mine further along the vein to decrease your proximity to the ore?
In that case you would just build some further tunnel segments so that your intralogistics vehicles reach the distant ores. If the distances get too long, then yes, you would build another mining building (and together with that a new tunnel system).