Streets & Road Vehicles

P1SIM is a commercial game under development featuring traffic, logistics, city building and more.
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Streets & Road Vehicles

Post by LocoMH »

lukasz1985 wrote:
smallfly wrote:
lukasz1985 wrote:I don't like it, too much freedom, no rules or other constraints for player. I could select a whole grass tiles as graphics and place paths as I want. This can make a lot of mess.
The module editor is a modding tool. Thus it wont be available during a multiplayer match. Due to the reasons you just explained.
If it's a modding tool, then fine. But I think that a modding tool shouldn't be available from within the gameplay, it should be a separate application.
I wouldn't think that the game is far enough to talk about this tool being available in the game itself - smallfly is coding and testing and therefore it's the easiest way to include it in the game for now, whatever way this is realized in the actual game.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

multiplayer_options.png
multiplayer_options.png (20.89 KiB) Viewed 20678 times
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

smallfly wrote: ATTACHED PICTURE
Well said Smallfly 8)

I was wondering about modules in multi-player mode. If you create a module in-game, will it automatically be uploaded to other player's computers?

I guess what I'm asking is: What will you see on your screen, when another player makes a module and places it where your screen happens to be looking?

Or is the game not far enough along to ask this sort of question?
Visit the Directory --> Loco-Dat-Directory
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

LocoMH wrote:And I was wondering how the cost of a module is determined?
module_costs.png
module_costs.png (30.25 KiB) Viewed 7875 times
glenjimen wrote:I was wondering about modules in multi-player mode. If you create a module in-game, will it automatically be uploaded to other player's computers?
Yes. And it will appear in the list of the other player(s) as soon as the module is saved. (A module is saved as soon as another module is selected)

(At the moment the netcode is not written yet.)
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

smallfly wrote:I think it looks cleaner when they use a separate parking area instead of parking on the side of the road. But its not finally decided.
Could you create a separate parking lot using the module editor? You would have to define parking locations, maybe a special type of node, or end point. Then define the routes cars could take to get to each parking spot.
This sound tedious and messy. I hope you have a better idea.

Or you could just make a parking structure with a roof, then you can't see the cars circling to try to find a spot :D
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

There's a risk to turn the game into a parking simulator but without the fun of some simple truck parking simulator minigames you can find on the web. http://www.jeuxclic.com/jeux.php?id=245548
Then there are so many games which are failing when it comes to individual traffic like people going to working places (like most citybuilding games) and I personally think a more or less intelligent system of goods distribution similar to games like for example industry giant 2 or trade empires, is more interesting to play than passenger transport.
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

You won't get smallfly to not include passenger transport - and I'm very glad about that. A transport and traffic game absolutely needs to include passenger transport.
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

robo wrote:There's a risk to turn the game into a parking simulator
Yeah, this could get very complex very fast. I agree this game needs to include passenger transport, but I think parking lots should be the lowest priority aspect of the game. Maybe a parking structure would be best; it would have a maximum number of cars that could fit, and a roof so you can't see the cars moving around.
A rural one-level parking lot could have cars drive into the entry, and then just "jump" to an open spot. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't mind.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Wow. This is the first I've seen of this project. I think it looks good.

I also like how you did the curves for the angled roads. I think it looks a LOT better than it did before and looks more natural. The way it was before looked too wrong. And if there are gaps in places, so what. It looks way more natural how you have it now than before. Thats how things are in real life too, nothing you can do about it. That's the geometrics of how it has to be to look and work correct. I look forward to trying this game out. It looks very promising and looks to have the features that we always wanted in Lomo.

I'm wondering about the size of things too. Will everything be larger than they are in Lomo so we can see more detail in the vehicles and have a higher color palette? That would be awesome...
glenjimen wrote:In the very cool video posted showing the module editor, I noticed that in the 45 degree turn, the spacing of the paths for the lanes are not centered on the lanes. (See attached picture). Are you (smallfly) working to resolve this, or is this just how the paths look in the module editor. The paths seem to be centered for the straight 45 degree modules.
I was wondering about this myself. I took a screen shot, from the video, of the cars that follow the path and they are off center like the paths. Will this be fixed so the paths are centered correctly?

Also, is there a reason why the paths have to be defined each time for the curves and straights? Wouldn't it easier to have them predefined so someone doesn't have to define them each time since they'll be the same each time?
Attachments
Capture.png
Capture.png (133.91 KiB) Viewed 20258 times
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

Tattoo wrote:Wow. This is the first I've seen of this project. I think it looks good.
Tattoo wrote:Also, is there a reason why the paths have to be defined each time for the curves and straights? Wouldn't it easier to have them predefined so someone doesn't have to define them each time since they'll be the same each time?
Tattoo, the more you read about this project, the more exited you will get. You are looking at the module editor. This is where you can create new road/rail/whatever modules for the game. So, yes they only need to be create once, then everyone can use them (in multi-player mode and future games).

The possibilities are endless :D
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

glenjimen wrote:So, yes they only need to be create once
And of course there will be a lot of modules already available at the beginning. Thus most of the players wont even use the module editor, since they will find everything they need.
Tattoo wrote:I took a screen shot, from the video, of the cars that follow the path and they are off center like the paths. Will this be fixed so the paths are centered correctly
This is really not a big deal. It will be fixed. I have drawn the sprite with wrong proportions (not a perfect circle). I will do my best to respect the geometry of a circle next time ;-)
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

smallfly wrote:And of course there will be a lot of modules already available at the beginning. Thus most of the players wont even use the module editor, since they will find everything they need.
So are you saying that we won't have to define the paths like you did in the video or is there a reason why the paths would have to be defined each time?
smallfly wrote:This is really not a big deal. It will be fixed. I have drawn the sprite with wrong proportions (not a perfect circle). I will do my best to respect the geometry of a circle next time ;-)
I figured you would but was just curious as to why they weren't centered after you took all the time to make the curves look better with the angled roads. Thanks for the reply and am waiting patiently until I can try it out myself. I'm curious to see what you have planned for the vehicles since you didn't say anything about the size of this. I guess I'll just have to wait to see it.

@glenjimen, I appreciate the reply from you but was wanting an answer from the creator of this because you can't answer my question not knowing what Smallfly plans to do with defining the paths for roads. And I have read a bunch and knew about the module editor before I posted my questions. I sat here for over 2 hours reading about this project and am excited from what I've read. But thanks any ways.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

I'm sorry Tattoo, you're right, that was very dumb of me. :oops:
I was just exited to see another forum member visiting this thread.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

Tattoo wrote:So are you saying that we won't have to define the paths like you did in the video or is there a reason why the paths would have to be defined each time?
The module editor is a real-time modding tool. If you don't want special modules, simply use the ones already shipped together with the game. Thus the answer is YES: You dont have to define the paths like I did in the demo video.
Tattoo wrote:I'm curious to see what you have planned for the vehicles since you didn't say anything about the size of this. I guess I'll just have to wait to see it.
The vehicle sizes are already clear. Just have a look at the concept drawings.
Additionally here is a set of the vehicle sprites for demo purposes:
vehicle_parts.png
(16.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “P1SIM”