Concept Phase Oct09-May12

P1SIM is a commercial game under development featuring traffic, logistics, city building and more.
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Re: P1SIM - New 2D Isometric Transport Simulation

Post by LocoMH »

How can I sign up for the polls?
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

LocoMH wrote:How can I sign up for the polls?
Click here and type in your user name and e-mail address. That's all :-)
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

Thanks. Feeling stupid :roll:
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

I finally summarized all future game features here:

http://www.p1sim.org/?page_id=146
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Congrats on the new section SmallFly, hope this means more development for the Game :D
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

A321Pilot wrote:Congrats on the new section SmallFly, hope this means more development for the Game :D
The development accelerated indeed. Based on the 2010 source code of the first isometric attempts, I could start the actual code now, which is not only a prototype but the real source code of the final game. And since I could already solve many fundamental coding issues (i.e. drawing and mouse handling of the GUI), I can now start with the (visually) interesting development phase :)
wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wanderer28 »

Whew. 60 pages of topics was quite something (especially the stuff about pricing halfway back...).

Anyway, I wanted to say, excellent progress. And excellent perseverance. I'm very excited about the new game. It is one of the most intriguing (I correct myself, the most intriguing and interesting) game that I have ever come across. Though that doesn't say very much because I'm still taking high school ("A" Levels this year), but yeah. I would find it very reasonable even if I pay 30 EUR base and 10 EUR per year.

I like your idea of modules very much, and I think it is one of the main reasons why I would wait for years (decades?... well of course I prefer the former) to play the game. In a way it is also the reason why Locomotion was so appealing to me, but then you came and gave the possibility to create modules (I haven't read the pdfs yet, and I sincerely hope you stick to user-created modules). Yeah. Great work, love the art, the graphics, and the concept.

In the new polls I put the priority of air-based logistics at the bottom. I understand that with the modular playing/creating of airports, this will make this aspect of transportation a much more interesting one to work with, and I also am looking forward to designing different "diagrams" for airports, but I guess I was a bit more conservative and voted for trains first, as it seems to provide even more flexibility. (Wait, did I put airports as last? Or harbors? Well, one of the bottom half, anyway.)

This may be a question mentioned before, but I do suppose you're allowing us to overlap modules to make more modules? Allowing for switches (or is that what you call them? Those junctions that split tracks)? (Of course, I read that three-way switches would be significantly more expensive) And I noticed the timetable from a few posts ago (from Chicago to New York), can we implement timetabling for a daily timetable? Also, is it possible to add Saturday and Sunday timetables? Because recently I started to copy out the train services map of Tokyo (eventually Japan) and visited ekitan.com (to check if the Toei Shinjuku Line runs a through-service to Keio Main Line to Takao-sanguchi), and I noticed that they have different timetables for Saturday and Sunday. It sounds reasonable. Though don't bother to add this feature if it isn't worth it (the time, CPU or memory, whichever it is).

That's about it. Looking forward to your game!

... if there's anything wrong about my post, please tell me. (I mean, if I broke any regulations, or something like that.) I'm really an amateur at this, this is probably only the fifth post I've made, lifetime, in all the forums I've been to.

edit: Just thought of more stuff. I've started reading the pdf, and I was wondering: if you had only eight final orientations (for rail: as in, the track must be facing one of the eight directions at the module's edge), and trains had to slow down at curves, would this mean some unrealistic planning for High Speed Rail? Because the way I see it (and do it in Locomotion) is therefore to create as little turns as possible, which would lead to increased track length as a compromise for higher average speeds (per trip).
thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

Are you still going to use the original thread (this one). Shouldn't you really make different topics on different subjects (graphic development etc.) in the P1SIM forum.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

thphwh wrote:Are you still going to use the original thread (this one). Shouldn't you really make different topics on different subjects (graphic development etc.) in the P1SIM forum.
Whenever I have to show something new or want to ask you something I start a new thread. If you want to discuss a special topic, feel free to start a new thread yourself. This mega thread is really not very useful for discussing special topics, since nobody wants to read the whole thread to find information about special topics.
wanderer28 wrote:It is one of the most intriguing (I correct myself, the most intriguing and interesting) game that I have ever come across. (...) Great work, love the art, the graphics, and the concept.
Thank you. I feel the same way ;)
wanderer28 wrote:I would find it very reasonable even if I pay 30 EUR base and 10 EUR per year.
Many people told me that they don't like yearly fees. Thus there will only be one base price, which includes all future costs (updates).
wanderer28 wrote:I sincerely hope you stick to user-created modules
I will.
wanderer28 wrote:I do suppose you're allowing us to overlap modules to make more modules?
I don't think that overlapping modules will be necessary, since there will be enough types of switches and crossings. Do you have an example for me where it could be still needed?
wanderer28 wrote:can we implement timetabling for a daily timetable?
Yes. There will be timetables in P1SIM. They are based on a 24h system like in reality. If all 4 weekdays (P1SIM has 4 instead of 7) are the same or if there is something like a labour-free "sunday" has to be discussed.
wanderer28 wrote:I've started reading the pdf
Good to know its still online. I will delete it, since the pdf concepts in this thread are out-dated.
wanderer28 wrote:I was wondering: if you had only eight final orientations (for rail: as in, the track must be facing one of the eight directions at the module's edge), and trains had to slow down at curves, would this mean some unrealistic planning for High Speed Rail? Because the way I see it (and do it in Locomotion) is therefore to create as little turns as possible, which would lead to increased track length as a compromise for higher average speeds (per trip).
I dont get the problem. Please find attached the available radii. They are still to narrow for high speed trains, I know. Perhaps I will add even bigger ones. Not sure yet.
Attachments
tileset_b_32x32_v7-tracks1.png
(523.36 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Concept Phase Oct09-May12

Post by smallfly »

Please do not post any new stuff here.

I asked orudge to close this thread. If you have any questions, please use the other threads or start a new one. Thank you.

If you are new here, you don't have to read this "mega thread". All up-to-date information about the P1SIM project can be found on http://www.p1sim.org and inside the other threads of this forum. Thus you are officially allowed to ask about details even when they have already been explained somewhere in this thread, since I don't want to force anybody to read all these 60 pages.

Return to “P1SIM”