Personal traffic?

P1SIM is a commercial game under development featuring traffic, logistics, city building and more.
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Personal traffic?

Post by DerekCZ »

Will there be some kind of personal traffic where citizens that can't (or don't want to) use your transport will use their own vehicles? If so, will it be like SimCity 5 where individual citizens choose homes and workplaces every day randomly, or will every citizen have fixed home and workplace?
Also, will there be citizens traveling on foot when it comes to short distances? And will there be general aviation or ships, where they belong to private users instead of some companies?
I know it is a lot of questions for unfinished game, but I am extremely hyped and nosy, which is not a good combination c:
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Personal traffic?

Post by pelya »

Personal cars is quite unlikely, this game does not implement any new breaking features anymore.
You can try to simulate it by launching some road-only AI opponents.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

SPolygon wrote:Will there be some kind of personal traffic (...) own vehicles?
Yes. Have a look at this image.
SPolygon wrote:If so, will it be like SimCity 5 where individual citizens choose homes and workplaces every day randomly, or will every citizen have fixed home and workplace?
Fixed. But they can change their home or workplace to optimize the distance between home and workplace. There will be a maximum distance between home and workplace. If distance is higher people will try to move to another home get closer to workplaces.
SPolygon wrote:Also, will there be citizens traveling on foot when it comes to short distances?
If the workplace is close enough people will walk.
SPolygon wrote:And will there be (...) ships (...) belong to private users (...)?
No. I dont think that they are relevant for a game like this.
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DerekCZ »

well now I regret that I asked as it made me even more hyped for the game :D
thank you

Return to “P1SIM”