Recolouring vehicles

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Recolouring vehicles

Post by spajdy »

Hi everyone,
I am relatively new to creating GRF files, so I've couple of questions. I've followed tutorials for creating road vehicles, trains and 3-part trains, so far so good. But I decided that I want to try creating set of buses. So I've started creating graphics and started putting it in the nml file. Works, but per some time "shop window" became full of often similiar vehicles. So, I started looking at recolour, or refitting. Not so sure here. I don't want to use company colour at all. I want to use graphics I've done. In the shop would be only one "Iveco Citelis 12m" (not ten or so), and then in "refit/rebuild" menu would be options for other colour schemes, I've made. I think I would be able to do it by "param" https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NMLTutorial/Train_recolour as in this tutorial, but that is for company colours.

What is the best way to do this? I would be very thankful.

Since I'm not programmer and not native English speaker it is a bit difficult for me to put together. I'm writing everything down for now, so I can use it later again.

Example graphics:

Thank you very much for your helps.
Špajdy (Slovakia)

Something that already works: Slovak DMJ 861.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”