factory production boost

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FatRat
Engineer
Engineer

factory production boost

Post by FatRat »

Hi all,

lately I have encountered a youtube video about FIRS and there the creator said (and built) something which was comletely new for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CUJMrDx82k Since it's in German and quite long, here is a short summary:

In the video a steel plant was serviced with coal, iron ore and scrap metal. But there was an additional station built before the actual drop-off station where trains loaded the other two resources, e.g. a coal train loaded iron ore and scrap metal into the last two trucks that were added exactly for this purpose. The creator of this setup and video stated that because of unloading all needed materials at the plant at the same time, the output gets maximized. AFAIK all three must be delivered within a certain period e.g. three months to boost the plant's production and gain the most output.

What I would like to know is wether this is the case or not. Can anyone please explain the mechanics behind factory output calculations?

Thanks a lot!
FatRat

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”