How to code non-NRT/RATT roads?

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

How to code non-NRT/RATT roads?

Post by SimYouLater »

I feel like I'm done waiting for NRT to become useable with JGR's Patch Pack, and want to attempt to draw and code a simple roadset and bridges for it with a GPL v2 license. Can I do that in NML, or will I have to code it in NFO?
Last edited by SimYouLater on 27 May 2018 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How to code non-NRT/RATT roads?

Post by acs121 »

SimYouLater wrote:I feel like I'm done waiting for NRT to become useable with JGR's Patch Pack, and want to attempt to draw and code a simple roadset and bridges for it witha GPL v2 license. Can I do that in NML, or will I have to code it in NFO?
AFAIK, if you're looking for sprite replacements, like TTRS, UKRS or ARRS, NML can replace base sprites, yes. You only will have to redraw them. There are pages on the tt-wiki about baseset sprite replacement with NML.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:I feel like I'm done waiting for NRT to become useable with JGR's Patch Pack, and want to attempt to draw and code a simple roadset and bridges for it witha GPL v2 license. Can I do that in NML, or will I have to code it in NFO?
AFAIK, if you're looking for sprite replacements, like TTRS, UKRS or ARRS, NML can replace base sprites, yes. You only will have to redraw them. There are pages on the tt-wiki about baseset sprite replacement with NML.
Can anyone link me to what he's talking about?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

SimYouLater wrote:
acs121 wrote:
https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NMLTutoria ... eplacement
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Erato wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
acs121 wrote:
https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NMLTutoria ... eplacement
Thanks, I am currently working on the road graphics.
Licenses for my work...

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”